Home

Canderis's WIPs

Canderis

Its a good honest start!

Can't expect you to do super models from the get go ;)

If you keep doing it, you'll get there.

TG started "noobish" aswell and has improved greatly, though you need to do it a lot

and be willing to learn.

So I'dd say don't focus on Kotor modding only for your 3D, follow a tutorial somewhere from the net, to get some more understanding of the whole change CUBE into god awesome model :lol:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE: Well to improve my modeling skillz some more I decided to model a new area again. This time using the wonders of 3ds max. I got complements from trigger-god on it, and thats pretty rare for me, so I think its good.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
module2-1.jpg

Again, you guys won't know whats its for, for a little while.

ewoks!

Show spoiler
KotOR0001-6.jpgKotOR0000b.jpg

Yes, I am that fast. Its not as hard as everyone thinks to get these ingame.:thmbup1:

Yep.. It takes maybe 5 minutes and usually works on the first try (at least for me now, in the beginning it took a lot of trial and error), but its a frigging boring thing to do :xp: Thats why most of my models never get in-game...

Well, I see your spamming hilt models, they're nice and simple, though one gripe.

The texure is rather very very simple, perhaps you can focus and put some extra time and effort to make it more nicely.

Now, IMO, it shows that has been a 5 minute job, because there was no "real effort" put into them.

Other then that, I would say keep making stuff!

EDIT: Here two shots of Hilts I once did, the model itself isn't complicated. Think it took me an hour or 2 to make them and UVW map them.

It took me another 2 hours or so to do the texture. You can really give more character to hilt that way, IMO.

Show spoiler

SSAB_REND03.jpg

MARSABREND02.jpg

:drop2: That is awesome! But it might look a little better with a slight metallic shine.

It would have a metallic shine in game. The way 3ds Max processes alpha channels... isn't really good TBH. If he added the alpha channel, than rendered it in 3ds, it would look brighter than it should be.

So, in other words, the 3ds max render isn't the final render, it just shows what it looks like sans the shine. KOTOR's engine doesn't let you use spec maps, bump maps, and other stuff modern games can support, all of which 3ds can show.

Based off of Q's saber textures comes:

It is 100% mine in terms of files and textures.

Thats more like it :p

Looks like an "evil" saberhilt!

If your using 3Ds Max, you can add a little Spec&Gloss, it should fake the metallic shine of the game a bit.

Well depending on how you set it ofcourse, if you want, I could write up some tips to make nice render shots. If you're interested ofcourse. :)

If your using 3Ds Max, you can add a little Spec&Gloss, it should fake the metallic shine of the game a bit.

Well depending on how you set it ofcourse, if you want, I could write up some tips to make nice render shots. If you're interested ofcourse. :)

That would be great Q, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived