Home

Israeli/Palestinian Conflict MEGATHREAD

Det. Bart Lasiter

It's ironic in the extreme that you claim Journalism has died in this country (because, of course, you seem to be an expert) and then choose the worst source imaginable as a counter.

If you are referring to him talking about the Indie, reread what he wrote.

He says that the Daily Mail is "rather like" it's "left wing cousin." He doesn't say that it's any better or any more reputable.

_EW_

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are referring to him talking about the Indie, reread what he wrote.

He says that the Daily Mail is "rather like" it's "left wing cousin." He doesn't say that it's any better or any more reputable.

_EW_

I'm referring to Garfield's claim that UK journalism has died. But, rereading my post, It could be misread. I'll change it. :)

Perhaps because the conservative media "accidentally" left that rather important piece of information out when they reported on the case? If they keep the outrage of their conservative, pro-Israeli viewers/readers going, conservative media stands to gain in terms of viewer/reader numbers.

Context, please because I can't find what post you quoted me on. I do know Fox News will not report a lot of stuff the Associated Press says without some other independent source corroborating it. In fact they publicly slammed the AP on Television saying that it used to be that you could trust whatever they said, and that now you can't trust anything they say.

There are plenty of other countries over in the Middle East besides the Brits. Canadians, French, Germans, Greeks, Spaniards, Americans, you name it, they've reported on it. You can't tell me that every single one of those agencies is sitting at a table to make up a story so they can spread anti-Israeli hate. It's far more likely that they're going to try to scoop each other to get the breaking story rather than cooperate on some kind of anti-Israeli agenda. The terrible plight of the Palestinians, frankly, is a compelling story of mass suffering, and so it's naturally going to get more press attention than the latest society page news or soccer scores in Israel.

No but I can say they all get their news from the same source. Most news agencies rip their articles off of the AP or Reuters. A lot of News Agencies have an agenda.

I'd really like to see what was in the Balen Report, but from the BBC's massive spending to cover it up it sounds like it would be pretty damaging.

Jae, I also found a court case that threw another news agency's credibility in France into serious question. Furthermore a lot of news agency's are tied to the same people.

Additionally, a lot of countries still harbor significant Anti-Semetic feelings to begin with, coupled with a left-wing agenda.

Furthermore, most journalists go to the same universities, and they can pick up the bias there, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm saying they don't even know they're doing it.

No but I can say they all get their news from the same source. Most news agencies rip their articles off of the AP or Reuters.
Well, yeah, they've been doing that for decades. Where have you been?
A lot of News Agencies have an agenda.
K...

I'd really like to see what was in the Balen Report, but from the BBC's massive spending to cover it up it sounds like it would be pretty damaging.
I believe you don't live in the UK, right? Common sense states that Britons should know a lot more about the BBC's affairs than Americans, right?
Additionally, a lot of countries still harbor significant Anti-Semetic feelings to begin with, coupled with a left-wing agenda.
God, so criticizing Israel's actions makes someone Anti-Semetic? That's sort of like saying that voting against Obama means that you're racist.

Furthermore, most journalists go to the same universities, and they can pick up the bias there, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm saying they don't even know they're doing it.
Okay, so it is a conspiracy.

And your not biased at all, right?

That's not what I'm saying, do I have a bias yes, however my bias is based on past events, and I can admit when I'm wrong about something.

Everyone else here is biased too, the problem with your argument here is that I'm not just talking about bias, I'm saying there is a history of outright dishonesty on the part of the media, particularly when it comes to Israel.

The past track records of these agencies lead me to question whether they are even telling the truth, even the photos might not be genuine.

That's not what I'm saying, do I have a bias yes, however my bias is based on past events, and I can admit when I'm wrong about something.

Everyone else here is biased too, the problem with your argument here is that I'm not just talking about bias, I'm saying there is a history of outright dishonesty on the part of the media, particularly when it comes to Israel.

The past track records of these agencies lead me to question whether they are even telling the truth, even the photos might not be genuine.

Having been to the Middle east, and knowing what Isreal is like, you'll have to forgive me for telling you the reports are generally accurate, unless I'm too a biased reporter with an agenda?

Having been to the Middle east, and knowing what Isreal is like, you'll have to forgive me for telling you the reports are generally accurate, unless I'm too a biased reporter with an agenda?

You're part of the LF staff, which has an obvious liberal bias, thus invalidating all of your statements re:israel.

_EW_

Were you in Israel, the Palestinian territories, or one of the Arab Countries?

You're part of the LF staff, which has an obvious liberal bias, thus invalidating all of your statements re:israel.

Kindly stop trying to portray me as a partisan hack, I'm curious about his knowledge of the area, cause I have some knowledge of my own and so I'd like to compare notes.

_EW_

Interesting, I'm not entirely sure of the political break-down of LF staff. However I can say that while I'm British, many of my closest friends are American Republicans, so does this mitigate my baisedness?

Were you in Israel, the Palestinian territories, or one of the Arab Countries?

You'll have to forgive me for being coy, but why do you presume it hasn't been all three?

Interesting, I'm not entirely sure of the political break-down of LF staff. However I can say that while I'm British, many of my closest friends are American Republicans, so does this mitigate my baisedness?

I sincerely doubt most of the Lucasforums staff, are Republicans.

You'll have to forgive me for being coy, but why do you presume it hasn't been all three?

Cause I have friends that live in Israel, I've studied the topic, and the statements that have been made about Israel deliberately targeting civilians makes literally no sense from a tactical and strategic standpoint.

1. There is no motive for the Israeli Government or Military to do so, in fact they have every motive to bend over backwards to try to avoid hitting civilians.
  2. If Israel were out to wipe out the civilian populace they could have done so at any time.
  3. The fact you've left out the fact that organizations like Hamas deliberately uses children as human shields.
  4. Hardship from a blockade can cause people to turn on Hamas, but deliberately killing civilians can cause them to throw more support to Hamas, fact is if it were any other country doing these military ops, the civilian casualties would be 10x to 20x higher.

@jmac7142

You do realize that just about anyone can get in a phony uniform or claim they were something that they are not.

Examples:

There was a woman at least one news network claiming that she committed attrocities in Iraq. Rush Lindbaugh managed to prove she'd never even been to Iraq, and the Democrats were irate over it.

Also CBS is the same news organization that got in trouble for using forged documentation that was so blatently phony, I could immediately tell it was phony. (Fact that it was in a font that didn't exist at the time the memo was supposedly written is kinda a dead giveaway).

I was being glib Jon :D

I sincerely doubt most of the Lucasforums staff, are Republicans.

At least read what he writes; he said his friends were American Republicans. He said he didn't know the breakdown of the staff.

Cause I have friends that live in Israel, I've studied the topic, and the statements that have been made about Israel deliberately targeting civilians makes literally no sense from a tactical and strategic standpoint.

*blah*

Irrelevant to why J7 wouldn't have been to all three places. Good deflection.

_EW_

woah hey look at that it's the interview with a representative of the ISRAELI human rights group b'tselem saying the idf does that that i posted like 2 pages ago hmm

Clearly, that translator is part of a left-wing conspiracy dedicated to ruining the good name of Israel. Gawd, you new here or something? :xp:

Let us keep the staff out of this. Republican, Democrat, liberal or conservative does not matter all the staff members, except me, are unpaid volunteers and are doing their best to be fair and impartial. If you want to continue with staff bias take it to PM.

Let us keep the staff out of this. Republican, Democrat, liberal or conservative does not matter all the staff members, except me, are unpaid volunteers and are doing their best to be fair and impartial. If you want to take the staff bias up further take it to PM.

I apologize, it was an off-color joke.

_EW_

Firsrly I have friends who are Israeli and Palestinian that live in Israel/Palestine, and they are Jewish, Muslim and Christian. I've studied the topic, thanks, and at least I know this; “One definition of insanity is to believe that you can keep doing what you’ve been doing and get different results” – Einstein. The Israelis and Palestinians have been trying the same crap for the past 70 years, and got no-where, you'll have to forgive me for thinking anyone that thinks continuing on the same path is foolish to say the least.

Frankly your so biased your attributing things to me I NEVER said, and miracles of miracles, you've actually managed to piss me off. Please link me to any post when I claimed it was Israeli policy to deliberately targeted civilians? Infact you may find I generally posted that both sides are in the wrong, but your so biased, you actually think Israel walks on water.

There is no motive for the Israeli Government or Military to do so, in fact they have every motive to bend over backwards to try to avoid hitting civilians.

That's nice I'm sure that's a real comfort to the parents who have dead Children, and I'm sure they won't allow there other children to turn into terrorists, why is it people like you don't understand that smacking things with a hammer doesn't fix things?

[*]If Israel were out to wipe out the civilian populace they could have done so at any time.

When did I ever say Israel was out to wipe out the civilian populace, don't tell me what I think, especially when I don't think that.

The fact you've left out the fact that organizations like Hamas deliberately uses children as human shields.

Israel, you know could like, shock horror, not shoot?

Hardship from a blockade can cause people to turn on Hamas, but deliberately killing civilians can cause them to throw more support to Hamas, fact is if it were any other country doing these military ops, the civilian casualties would be 10x to 20x higher.

Fact is that's an a fact you can't possibly substantiate.

So you know my Isreali Jewish friends, correctly think that the current 'war' or whatever you want to call it, will only make things worse, and they are very critical of Israli foreign policy, but I suppose that means they are anti-Semitic? I suppose you would like to tell my Palestinian friends who had that big concrete wall go straight through their farming land, that the Isreali government is really nice? Have a nice day sir, because you were just pawned.

Upon my request - mimartin reviewed my post, and removed a little bit as j7 is not a happy bunny at having positions not his own associated with him!

Archived