Home

Drewton's Skins

Drewton

Since skins require a much smaller amount of work than most mods, I'll only be using this thread for larger projects that I do. I'm currently working on a Galen Marek/Starkiller/Jacob Nion/Secret Apprentice skin pack, which will include dark side transitions and costumes from TFU, concept art, and the TFU downloadable content.

I'd like to do all of the TFU costumes, but there are, of course, limits to what I can do when I'm only skinning. I don't believe there's anything that remotely resembles the scarf thing that was part of the Heavy Training Gear on Raxus Prime in KOTOR, for example. Though I'm not saying modeling isn't a possibility :D .

I know I'll be able to make:

*Training Gear (nearly finished)

*Medical Gear

*Sith Robes (nearly finished)

*Bounty Hunter Disguise

*Kento's Robes (possibly)

*Jungle Combat Gear

*Raxus Prime Survival Gear

*Corellian Flight Suit

*Jedi Knight (based on Jedi Knight Revan skin)

*Death Star Robes

*Sith Stalker

From the downloadable content:

*Clone Wars Armor

*Force Ghost (possibly)

*Sith Assassin (Darth Bandon on this one?)

*Alliance General

Lastly, this will be for both KOTOR and TSL, though it's possible there will have to be some differences, and for now, here's a preview (more to come). Any suggestions, feedback, and/or assistance is welcome! :D

secretapprentice_traininggear.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all. :)

I'm now thinking that the Jolee Bindo body may work better for the Training Gear instead of the standard armor I'm using (started with PMBC03 Echanie), due to important details such as the "skirt" and "belts" around the upper gray armor, the latter of which are hidden using the armor model. Only problem is, I don't think the Jolee model is in TSL...any thoughts?

I might also need to learn how to model in order to do the Sith Stalker mask. All masks in the game(s) have only one side, not covering the entire head. The Revan model has a mask with the other side being hidden by a hood, but...the costume isn't supposed to have a hood/cape.

Yeah, that might work. Also, sorry for forgetting to answer your previous question. I use Adobe ImageReady CS2, an unfortunately discontinued product which has nearly all the capabilities of Photoshop.

Ferc Kast, that shouldn't stop you from making your own. It might be better than mine ;)

Thanks all. :)

I'm now thinking that the Jolee Bindo body may work better for the Training Gear instead of the standard armor I'm using (started with PMBC03 Echanie), due to important details such as the "skirt" and "belts" around the upper gray armor, the latter of which are hidden using the armor model. Only problem is, I don't think the Jolee model is in TSL...any thoughts?

I might also need to learn how to model in order to do the Sith Stalker mask. All masks in the game(s) have only one side, not covering the entire head. The Revan model has a mask with the other side being hidden by a hood, but...the costume isn't supposed to have a hood/cape.

Impressive most impressive.The jolee model may work for TSL. I'll give it try and get back to you. So Jolee's model isn't in TSL.

Yeah But Jolees model in k2 would be porting if its not there already ;)

Yeah, but the Dark Jedi tunic is the closest thing to Jolee's model in TSL. In fact, the tunic is just a modified version of Jolee's clothing, minus the backpack and other features. So using Jolee's model in K1 and the tunic in TSL would work perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while, but anyways, the Jolee model didn't really work because of the hood, which I'd forgotten about it...though I could try removing it via modeling. The Galen Marek pack has made good progress, and hopefully will be released in early February!

Meanwhile, he's another mod I've been working on which will likely be finished within the next few days. It obviously still need a lot of work, specifically with the arms and shoulders.

Sion_tfu_02.jpg

Archived