Home

Drewton's Skins

Drewton

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see you around, Drewton!

If I can ask, how far did you get with your GUI edits? I seem to remember when this mod was new-ish you were working on changing the health/FP metres, and suchlike.

Looks like I missed your question!

Unfortunately, I got no where. It was only a concept. I tried a lot of tweaking but couldn't get it to work.

Now how about changing Sion in the .bik movies to your much more awesome looking Sion?

Yes, the BIK will be updated, but also using reskins for Traya, Nihilus, and the Trayus Core.

Yes, the BIK will be updated, but also using reskins for Traya, Nihilus, and the Trayus Core.

Not that it is a bad idea, but TSLRCM makes the "Kreia's Fall" movie into a in-game cutscene, so any textures currently used in game(and models, in the case of Sion, I'd imagine), will be shown in the scene.

Though again, that doesn't mean it is a bad idea.

Actually Ghost Down, the new version of TSLRCM - version 1.8 – will have Sion’s first appearance on the bridge of Harbinger as a game-engine created scene and not a BIK file.

See the first 50 seconds of this video for an example: (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(Please note that the music change heard in the video is part of a separate mod released by Canderis. In the standard game using TSLRCM 1.8, it's the same music as usual.)

I'll probably still make the BIK files for those who don't have TSLRCM.

Got the flu, so I'm taking a few sick days to work on modding. Right now I'm also reskinning Nihilus, Atris, and Kreia - hopefully I can have some results to show soon.

Mmm, Sion looks pretty neat, though the contrast on the black cloth/ leather bits seems a bit "strong" or cartoony even. Not sure if it's just the screenshot or the lighting in that particular area of the game.

Though you did mention polishing the skin, so that might be one of the last thing you want to fix :p

Anyway, as always top notch work!

Drewton, there is another BIK you'll likely have to make - in addition to any Sion clips that you redo. That would be MalMov14 - the one that pans back from the Trayus Core. I've posted it here so you know which one I'm babbling about. (I've removed most of the credits too in order to shorten it.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Since you remade the skins for this area, they should be shown off in the video too.

Thanks! Although all credit for the modelling goes to Deadman. The neck is definitely another thing that will need fixing.

Would anyone be willing to edit the UV map for Nihilus's body model so that both sides can be textured separately?

• 9 months later...
Is it possible that you could release your Darth Sion re-skin anytime soon? I would really like to have it before I start my next playthrough of TSL.

Modder's Resource: TFU-Style Darth Sion

Before you get excited, read the fine print. This is from Darth DeadMan . . .

Not SO long ago, Don Kain asked me to edit Sion model to look like his TFU skin. I added flaps and bolts to the model, modeled pauldron. He was going to make the actual skin for it (I almost didn't worked on the textures), but his mod was never released.

After that, Drewton asked my permission to use this model in his Sion reskin. I allowed that, but his mod too was not released.

So I release this model as a modder's resource. Use it as you like, just give credit to me.

Known issuises:

It's possible, that his flaps will not be animated in some cutscenes. I never really tested, so it's up to you to find out.

This mod is not suppored by LucasArts, BioWare, Obsidian and ME. I don't plan to work on this model anymore, so don't contact me if something is wrong. I release it 'as is', use at your own risk. gMax scene is included so you can fix everything yourself. If you can't - I don't care.

(Emphasis added.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived