Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Trex

first of all, you gotta do it. 2ndly, it is easy if you do this :

Get to a save game where you have at least 3 scrambler cards. Then, once facing a protos droid, save your game into smthing like : protos test. Then, if you kill it and it has nothing in remains , load the savegame and go to the next protos and so on. :thmbup1:Helpfull tips:

1 hacked droid in Factory Floor

1 hacked droid in Reactor Module

1 hacked droid in Landing Module

Help & tips by Nick Vader:)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was AWESOME! i just finished it..Amazing!

the 2nd patch will probabely make you jizz in your pants

Question for Trex:

The BIK Movies, will they be fullscreen and somewhat blurry, or only occupy some of the screen and be at a better quality

Ooookay, here's a REAL problem. I've done Telos and Etti. I'm on M4-78's moon, and I've killed all the right Protos because I have all three HK processors. I went back to the bottom of the factory sublevel and talked to HK-55. Says report to HK-47. I thought he was supposed to be right next to 55? I can't find him. Help me with this please.

Construct, FYI you have had some posts deleted because they were off-topic, discussions about mod hosting need to be handled via Private Messages (PM) with the mod makers. Thanks. -RH

Like, on the ramp around HK-55? Nope. I've searched the WHOLE Factory Floor.

There is a recurring bug where HK dissappears from the level before he joins your party. I'm afraid I haven't released a solution to this (the 2.0 version has liasing with HK-55 for this mission).

If you can get cheats working, you can warp to module 910mal (I think), and everything should proceed fine. Alternatively, you might have to load up an earlier game I'm afraid.

he is above him

Edit: how did you pull of the new taris scene

Which bit?

I had to get a little creative with some of the parts.

Alright, Thanks. I'll go try warping.

EDIT: Whew! Five minutes later, working fine! Thanks, Trex! By the way, this mod is great. :D

EDIT No. 2: Fixed. Always something you wouldn't think of; the door, not the guard. *Facepalm* It hates me soooo.

Trex, I've been meaning to play this conversion but I've also been busy testing other mods out. I'd like to make a backup of all the affected file folders, but your install instructions say that installing the music will permanently alter the menu and such and I'd have to reinstall the entire game to reverse it. Can you tell me how this works? Which files are affected? If I can simply avoid having to reinstall everything I'd prefer to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as I try to leave the queens chamber after the battle begins(at near the beginning of the game), as try to go to the sky ramp, the game crashes. It did this to me a few months back, so I decided to wait for a patch. Now I have a clean install(no mods), with the update, TJM all installed with it's patch. Still it crashes.

Please respond, as I am very interested in what you have here.

Hey, I had this mod installed, but then, something happened.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
After I ask the gun dealer for my friends gun, the game crashes, and when everyone starts fighting in the onderon palace, I can't leave the palace, the exit thing isn't there.

This mod sounds awesome!

Does Revan have to be a male and do we get to have her/him in our party? I ask 'cause I love my LSFemale Revan/Carth romance lol and Revan/Bastila makes me sad ^_~ (Jk).

Either way this mod looks awesome and I look forward to seeing the bugs get worked out. The story line is really cool.

Sorry about the lack of techinical support, everyone, Just been busy.

Trex, I've been meaning to play this conversion but I've also been busy testing other mods out. I'd like to make a backup of all the affected file folders, but your install instructions say that installing the music will permanently alter the menu and such and I'd have to reinstall the entire game to reverse it. Can you tell me how this works? Which files are affected? If I can simply avoid having to reinstall everything I'd prefer to do so.

I think it just overrides the file music_sith. The problem is that the music which plays over the main menu is hardcoded so you can't really just make an alteration in another file to switch it. The only way for it to take affect in game is to replace the sound file which normally plays.

If you make a backup of the music_sith file before installing, you should just be able to place it back in the game's music folder, replace the file that TJM puts there, and everything should be back to normal.

As soon as I try to leave the queens chamber after the battle begins(at near the beginning of the game), as try to go to the sky ramp, the game crashes. It did this to me a few months back, so I decided to wait for a patch. Now I have a clean install(no mods), with the update, TJM all installed with it's patch. Still it crashes.

Please respond, as I am very interested in what you have here.

When exactly does it crash? Is it when the next area should be loading up i.e. when you pass through the doorway leaving the main chamber?

Hey, I had this mod installed, but then, something happened.
Show spoiler
After I ask the gun dealer for my friends gun, the game crashes, and when everyone starts fighting in the onderon palace, I can't leave the palace, the exit thing isn't there.

Just to say, the queen's throne room was the very first thing I made on this mod (if modders want to look through the module files, you'll see how much of a mess it is). It doesn't surprise me if some people are having troubles with it.

The gun crash sounds as if the'rs a file missing, either the baseitems.2da(?) or the gun's mdl file. Either way, if you really want it, my best reccommendation would be to redownload and reinstall the override files. Save games should be unaffected.

If you can't exit the palace, perhaps redownloading & installing the modules might help.

This mod sounds awesome!

Does Revan have to be a male and do we get to have her/him in our party?

So far he's only male. It might be awkward to change it to female. Not necessarily physically, but some conversations between Revan and Bastila might get a bit...weird.

As a quick update, I am still working on a version 2.0, mainly in regards to fmv movies (space battles etc), and harassing voice actors.

If I had to take a sensible, safe guess, 2.0 will be avaliable around August 1st, so some people will have a fun summer holiday.

Looking forward to August, then. Can't wait to hear my voice in this XD Be sure to email me when it's released - I keep forgetting to check this thread.

I'll probably do a trailer sometime before, so you might not have to even wait that long. :)

I think it just overrides the file music_sith. The problem is that the music which plays over the main menu is hardcoded so you can't really just make an alteration in another file to switch it. The only way for it to take affect in game is to replace the sound file which normally plays.

Hm...the TSL menu music is music_sion, though. Right?

If you make a backup of the music_sith file before installing, you should just be able to place it back in the game's music folder, replace the file that TJM puts there, and everything should be back to normal.

I'll give it a shot.

Oh, and Gavaroc Fevinor? Welcome to the Forums, mate! :)

Right, I am progressing right along with my first playthrough of this mod. I will now make the first part of my review.

The Good

1) You made a **** conversion mod!!! The scope of this project and the fact that you have done as much as you have is simply amazing.

2) Main Storyline - This was well conceived as far as I've gone. The

True Sith

are definitely interesting.

3)

Mysterious Droid - So far the best character I have encountered. Very well done.

4)

The Eagle - While it does need some more work, I think that this ship outdoes the Ebon Hawk in many ways. For one thing, you have a far bigger ship and more of a crew. It'd be cool if you could hire more crew on planets like Etti IV.

The Bad (forgive me, but this might be quite long)

1) Lack of Journal Entries - This drives me a bit insane. Sometimes I forget what quest I'm on or what has happened, and I don't have any journal entries to help me remember what I've done. From what I can tell and correct me if I'm wrong, you haven't touched stuff like the .2da and .jrnl files. I hope that you can redo this mod eventually with .jrnl entries, it'd really boost the game quality.

2) Bare bones universe - Unfortunately, the in-game universe you have everything take place in lacks dynamic. This is most likely due to the amount of work it would take to fill up all of those modules with unique characters, but it does wound the game play.

3) Reused modules - In some cases like

the Eagle

, this is not a problem. However, other places are just far too empty or don't fit what the game says they are supposed to be.

4) Movies - When you said these would suck on high resolution, boy you weren't kidding. Hopefully something can be done about this.

5) PC - To be frank, my character has no character. All I know about myself is that

I'm a Doctor and I have an assistant who worked at Czerka.

This was part of the major problem of K1's storyline, but was fixed in TSL when they made it more into a personal epic rather than dashing hero overcomes great odds to save romantic interest and defeat evil overlord. Here it is more of random guy with PHD gathers a bunch of people to find a dashing hero who will then overcome great odds to save romantic interest and defeat evil overlords with the help of the random guy.

6) VOs - You already know this, so I won't harp on it.

So weighing everything so far, without finishing this mod, I'd give it a 7/10 with definite room for improvement. The fact that you completed this is awesome in its own right, but it does still feel like a WIP. I'll keep playing of course, but I do look forward not necessarily to the 2.0 but a 3.0 since I think by then you'll have solved most of this mod's problems.

Cheers,

Lord of Hunger

Finally finished the Mod

Last part of my review:

Show spoiler

Here is some stuff that stuck out to me.

The True Syyth

I honestly think this is your most insightful part of the mod. Indeed, there is a significant difference between pre-KOTOR and KOTOR era Sith and the post-KOTOR era Sith that you noticed: The former are planet destroyers, consumers of worlds, beings of death and devastation, while the latter are schemers who prey on the fear and ignorance of others. It is interesting to note that few of the post-KOTOR era Sith used powers on the same scale as individuals like Nihilus, since their power was based more upon manipulation.

A powerful embodiment of the Dark Side, that was spawned by the Infinite Empire and their devices of mass evil like the Star Forge, is a very creative explanation.

Revan

Although tying in the whole Sith'ari thing (something about him I also believe) was brilliant, I think you have the problem of Revan overshadowing your Mod's PC (I caught the reference to Doctor Who, a show I am also a fan of). The fact that it is Revan making the big end sacrifice and uniting the Republic makes the player's character almost insignificant...Bastila has to remind everyone at the end that the PC actually did something useful. Personally, the only two options I would have been content with was for Revan to be dead by the time the PC found him (but left some sort of holorecording behind to help the PC figure out everything about the True Syyth and how to stop it) or for the PC to actually be Revan, but to have chosen forced amnesia to hid himself/herself from the True Syyth.

Also, you have to problem of Revan having a set gender and Force-user class. The way to get around this is to have dialog options that decide whether Revan is male or female. The class should be Sith Lord to reflect his past but not necessarily limit his future. The alignment neutral was a good idea.

The Exile

Again, set gender, alignment, and class. Also, you've made her almost insignificant.

Kannos

Brilliant character idea, but there needs to be further exploration of his character before he becomes the D'arth Syyth.

The D'arths

At first I'd say, no personality, but then I realized that's what you were going for. Interesting.

Rimi

Question: Is Rimi an alternative character for your party? I was looking around the override just to have a look at what you used for the mod and I saw a portrait of her.

Otherwise, it seems that there is a lack of exploration into this character.

Shape-Shift (forgot his name)

Overpowered, I don't even need to shapeshift: he just uses his attack and does damage. Makes having anyone else in your party pointless. Good concept though.

HK-47

You had some good stuff with our favorite assassin droid. I liked the idea of all the HK-51s hidden under Coruscant.

Screamers, Banshees, and Rakghouls

My only complaint here is that you don't explain what the first two are. I got that the Screamers are lieutenants, but what are the Banshees? Are they the headless figure the PC finds in the tomb of Freedon Nadd?

The only other thing I can think of is that events are a bit too fast paced. Slow down and flesh out things.

I hope that my input here helps out.

Cheers!

Archived