Home

[K1] The KOTOR Weaponry Improvement Project

Lord of Hunger

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still we do need something special for the prototype vibroblade I think. The very word "prototype" conjures up a uniqueness that the in-game weapon just doesn't have.

Shame I can't model. I can't even use photoshop :p but I can figure out scripting cold...I'm a words and languages man creatively.

• 4 weeks later...

MAJOR UPDATE: I am pleased to announce that my teammate on Team Hssiss, Canderis, has recently learned how to model and skin. He will be contributing...wait for it...lightsabers! Originally I said I didn't want lightsabers as part of this mod, but I've changed my mind.

Canderis will be providing lightsabers for this mod, resulting in an aspect of this mod that will resemble USM. However, the goal will be full integration with KOTOR. The system works as follows:

-The current set of lightsabers will be replaced with new models, and will be known as conventional lightsabers.

-Each Jedi and Sith who have not received unique lightsabers from WOTOR will now be given their own unique saber. However, hilt designs will differ depending on faction.

-Crystals for unique hilts will be common throughout the game, but not randomly. They will be found where it makes sense to find them (Crystal Caves, Sith bases, Jedi bases, Unknown World/Lehon/Rakata Prime etc.), and will not have special attributes.

While Canderis will be the main supplier of hilts, I am accepting hilts as long as they are decent quality. Neither low poly and overly high poly. If you are interested, post a screen and I will send you PM confirming yeah or nay.

Anyway, that's all for now. Check out Canderis' thread for some awesome pics of his lightsaber models.

Cheers,

Lord of Hunger

Awesome Lord of Hunger! This just makes this mod even better. Just have to ask one thing will the light sabers part be compatible with any of Oldflashes saber skins?

oldflash's sabers are for TSL, not K1. Although if they were for K1, they would be incompatible, since we will be replacing the base lightsabers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know, this mod is far from dead in case you were think that. DarthParametric submitted his reskins and remodels of the blaster pistol and rifle, and I'm trying to find someone willing to render Canderis' remodels of the single-bladed saber and shoto. I will have a YouTube video of the blaster pistol and rifle up soon to give you an ingame preview of the work that has been done.

speaking of new models, me and Canderis (and a little bit of DP :p) collaborated to create the saber portion of the KWIP. I used the Double Hexic (nicknamed double helix) with a brand new skin and map, Candy made the model for the single and shoto (short) saber, and I skinned and mapped the short saber.

here is double helix:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Helix.png

and here is the short saber:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
curved.png

Candy should be posting the single saber soon.

Partially because me and Canderis are on the same modding Team and I agreed to let him and Trig include their hilts in the mod. And also because I was getting really fed up with the ingame hilts.

Then there was the factor that WOTOR adds some hilts as well. This is meant to be a sort of unofficial expansion to the idea of WOTOR and works alongside it. Any weapon that was not improved in WOTOR that needs to be improved will be improved in KWIP.

Not to worry, though. The main focus of this mod is still the blasters and blades. I have used your blaster remodels and it is awesome to not only use a blaster pistol or rifle but to see NPCs using them as well!

UPDATE: Hilts are coming close to completion. Also, this mod intends to give the Sith and Dark Jedi their own set of standard hilts, which TriggerGod graciously agreed to provide.

The video have been mentioning repeatedly is yet to come. I might have that done at the end of the day.

Also, I am adding a page on the Team Hssiss website for KWIP that will be a gallery of screenshots and KWIP videos for your entertainment. Coming soon!

@ DarthParametric: Sure thing. TriggerGod must have forgotten to tell me Helix was yours.

UPDATE: While I have been waiting for the single bladed saber replacement by TriggerGod, Yatsuke has agreed to join this project. He will be building the replacements for the Krath Swords.

Here is his Krath Blood Blade:

Image_08-18-2009_18-16-05.jpg

Image_08-18-2009_18-16-25.jpg

Image_08-18-2009_18-17-22.jpg

Will update the site now, and give DP his proper credit.

hey guys, heres a render of the krath double blade ive been working on, sorry its untextured, i would do it but, idk how to UVW map in gmax, anyways here they are

Image_08-18-2009_19-42-55.jpg

Image_08-18-2009_19-44-08.jpg

and here are the renders for the Krath Dire Sword

Image_08-18-2009_20-34-24.jpg

Image_08-18-2009_20-34-07.jpg

Image_08-18-2009_20-33-46.jpg

thats all for now, i still got one more blade to do and then ill be ready to make the final designs more updates to come

Archived