Home

Can it be loli tiem nao: K-ON! Megathread

Jeff

Well I know we have at least a couple K-ON! watchers here. For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, it's a comedy about 4 high school girls in the light music club who at first are trying to save the club as they are the only members and 4 is the minimum.

Yui Hirasawa is the protagonist of the show, a clumsy first year girl who does not play any musical instruments entering the show. She ends up learning the Guitar after joining the light music club.

Mio Akiyama is the bassist of the light music club. She is shy (kawaii~) and childhood friends with Ritsu (below) and was forced into the club by her.

Ritsu Tainaka is the club president and plays drums. I can't think of much else to say about Ritsu. :p

Tsumugi Kotobuki is a rich girl in the light music club who plays keyboard. She always brings expensive snacks to club meetings which keep Yui interested.

So far I'm enjoying the show a lot, like I said in the what are you watching thread, it has really made me laugh a few times. I would say Yui is my favorite character, I like Mio too though. It's definitely very moe but if you don't mind or can get over that then it's a pretty good watch. CoalGuys is subbing the show.

The music to the show is great too. OP:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

ED:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Check out more info:

K-ON! @ Anime News Network

K-ON! @ Wikipedia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mio is <3. Episode 4 was one giant exercise in showing just how moe~ Mio could be. So cute. :3

Mugi is also awesome, even though she's pretty much the same 'disgustingly rich girl who is soft-spoken and always smiling' stereotype that's in every anime. I think it's the eyebrows that compel me.

Mio is <3. Episode 4 was one giant exercise in showing just how moe~ Mio could be. So cute. :3

Mugi is also awesome, even though she's pretty much the same 'disgustingly rich girl who is soft-spoken and always smiling' stereotype that's in every anime. I think it's the eyebrows that compel me.

30kx66o.jpg

o_O

I thin Mugi is the most forgettable of the bunch, even though I had the least to say about Ritsu in my op. :p

I have not watched episode 4 yet, hopefully I'll get around to doing that today.

Don't gut me yet, but I watched the first episode and... meh. It wasn't any fun, actually. What exactly is so cool about it?

Its hard to explain why I like it. Cute characters, funny.. but theres nothing really compelling me to watch it. >.>

Its hard to explain why I like it. Cute characters, funny.. but theres nothing really compelling me to watch it. >.>
Mugi is reason enough :carms: and Mio too..

Moe moe... Kyun.. <3<3<3

Edit: WHAT WHAT WHAT... CoalGuys have episode 1 in widescreen now... why didn't they do that to start with... ¬_¬

Episodes 5 and 6 had me laughing my ass off most of the time. The performance wasn't "God Knows..." quality, but I didn't really expect that out of a song about fluffy marshmallows. There's still tons of room to improve.

Oh and Mio just keeps getting more moe every episode. Between her and Mugi's bi-curiousness, I think this show just might be the end of me. xD

That ad shows up on almost every page load jerk. >:|

I am behind, I think I have only watched episodes 1-3 so hopefully I'll have time to catch up this weekend. Sounds like it's been pretty good so far.

Well I watched episodes 4-6 today, still liking it. Definitely agree with you guys, sooo moe~ Only thing I don't get is how Yui seemingly learned guitar overnight. Looking forward to the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived