Home

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

I do think, Silver, that if you make a patch you should lower the difficulty of the mod.

Well I could finish it with a bunch of Life Support Packs and Normal Difficulty. I don't think that Silver should lower the difficulty:)

EDIT:

I'm sorry if anyone asked this before but,

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
When I'm assasinating Zeven Etta I'm supposed to put those explosives somewhere near him. There's a footlocker in the room but that doesn't do anything. In that room,there's nothing more either what I can use. When I talk to Etta, there are only killing options, so where can I put those explosives?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I could finish it with a bunch of Life Support Packs and Normal Difficulty. I don't think that Silver should lower the difficulty:)

EDIT:

I'm sorry if anyone asked this before but,

Show spoiler
When I'm assasinating Zeven Etta I'm supposed to put those explosives somewhere near him. There's a footlocker in the room but that doesn't do anything. In that room,there's nothing more either what I can use. When I talk to Etta, there are only killing options, so where can I put those explosives?

Show spoiler
There's a droid around that area. Check it out.

Show spoiler
There's a droid around that area. Check it out.

Show spoiler
Okay so the protocol droid moved to Zeven Etta's location and Zeven said: "Protocol droid. What busines do you have here?" And then nothing happens.......

Silver i have an appereance problem with the following modules

Show spoiler
after you play as arkanion Sin and fight him he appears as Shadow with bastilas slave outfit

and after the battle in your head with arkanion Sin, when you find out that that arkanian (forgot his name ;) ) is alive Verbal appears as evil Vandar

and before you ask no i do not have any mods installed wich use the appereance.2da file

PS: great mod finished it yesterday!

Show spoiler
only thing i don´t like is that shadow leaves at the end! :(

and 1 last question what font did you use for your BOS logo?

Show spoiler
Okay so the protocol droid moved to Zeven Etta's location and Zeven said: "Protocol droid. What busines do you have here?" And then nothing happens.......

Show spoiler
The detonator is an item you have to equip so you can use it. It goes where the energy shields would.

Show spoiler
i hate when the shadow leaves the party please revise this in the patch because some people are really as irratated as me:mad: still if my idea works when i get to the waste i won't finish the rest of the mod :thmbup1:

Fixed tags, if they weren't there you would have been infracted for this, but even still you are responsible for posting a post against the modders wishes that was visible, you have to check and make sure your post is hidden if you want to discuss story elements otherwise delete it and ask someone for help on how to do so (My PM box is always open so are the other staff's). -RH

Silver i have an appereance problem with the following modules

Show spoiler
after you play as arkanion Sin and fight him he appears as Shadow with bastilas slave outfit

and after the battle in your head with arkanion Sin, when you find out that that arkanian (forgot his name ;) ) is alive Verbal appears as evil Vandar

and before you ask no i do not have any mods installed wich use the appereance.2da file

PS: great mod finished it yesterday!

Show spoiler
only thing i don´t like is that shadow leaves at the end! :(

and 1 last question what font did you use for your BOS logo?

Have you tried reinstalling the mod after deleting the current appearance.2DA in your override folder?

Also, the font used for the Brotherhood of Shadow logo is one called Army of Darkness, which incidentally... is from the movie Army of Darkness. :p

Show spoiler
i hate when the shadow leaves the party please revise this in the patch because some people are really as irratated as me:mad: still if my idea works when i get to the waste i won't finish the rest of the mod :thmbup1:
Show spoiler
Why do you continue to post elements of the mod's ending without the use of spoiler tags? RedHawke has already warned you against this, and I would strongly advise that you take notice of him. And in an answer to your question, the ending will not be revised, nor will the difficulty.

When I downloaded Brotherhood of Shadow:SR I couldn't find or see BoSSR_1.0_install.exe

What has happened there, Silver?

There's been other problems for other people trying to install the mod from KOTORFiles too.

I've downloaded it twice from KOTOR Files- Coz last time I downloaded files from MegaUploads it gave me a 'few' viruses...

Show spoiler
First to say, it is a very good mod, but i have one freaking problem with it..where the damn is the non-canon locker???? I have been searching it for 2 hours. Its just no there, i just dont know what to do... Normally i would leave it hidden, but i want the damn Mandalore Mask so much. Sorry for not putting it all into spoiler..

For those unfamiliar with the location of the non-canon footlocker, I have posted a guide on how to reach it below. It's hidden using spoiler tags, so those who want to find it themselves can do so.

Show spoiler
1) Go to the Dreshdae Civilian Quarters.

2) Go to the Miner's Lounge. It should be obvious which room this is, but for those still unsure, refer to the minimap.

3) Speak to the "drunk" miner at the back of the lounge. You will notice he strongly indicates that he isn't fond of losing a game of Pazaak 3 times in a row.

4) Beat him 3 times in a row, and he will then leave the Miner's Lounge.

5) Follow him as he moves through the Civilian Quarters.

6) He will eventually stop and open a door which was previously locked. Inside this room is the non-canon footlocker.

Show spoiler
Funny, I was able to open that room without the method you prescribed. Is this non-canon footlocker the one with Akirakon Sin's Sword inside? If so I think that my security skill is so high that it's opening doors that are normal impossible to open. I actually was able to open the door to Uthar Wynn's quarters without the key card, just security skill.

Have you tried reinstalling the mod after deleting the current appearance.2DA in your override folder?

Also, the font used for the Brotherhood of Shadow logo is one called Army of Darkness, which incidentally... is from the movie Army of Darkness. :p

Show spoiler
Why do you continue to post elements of the mod's ending without the use of spoiler tags? RedHawke has already warned you against this, and I would strongly advise that you take notice of him. And in an answer to your question, the ending will not be revised, nor will the difficulty.

Show spoiler
nevermind the diffculty i use the invulnerabillty code every time i play kotor 1 and 2 on pc and i won't be asking any further questions about it as you said before the ending won't be changed and i won't finish the whole mod so as not to lose the shadow or kobiyoshi or mechanic

Once again you post about story elements without using hidden or spoiler tags, can you not follow peoples requests for their threads? -RH

Though it saddens me that I can no longer look forward to future installments of your top-notch work, I can certainly understand your motives for withdrawing from the community.

So in conclusion: :waive1: Thank You for some really awesome mods and here's :cheers: to hoping you change your mind.

You still ROCK!:urpdude:

This has to be the most unstable mod I have ever played! It crashes every 10th minute or so, and now I'm stuck because of the crashes, (click "spoilers" to see when):

Show spoiler
It crashes when Shadow and "Revan" walks through the Korriban caves and she stops on the bridge, then we see her on Orion. I can't get through that sequence because it always crashes. :mad:

And KotOR (1) is stable, well.. not stable compared to other games but it doesn't crash that often. I can play an hour or two without have to experience crashes.

This has to be the most unstable mod I have ever played! It crashes every 10th minute or so, and now I'm stuck because of the crashes, (click "spoilers" to see when):

Show spoiler
It crashes when Shadow and "Revan" walks through the Korriban caves and she stops on the bridge, then we see her on Orion. I can't get through that sequence because it always crashes. :mad:

And KotOR (1) is stable, well.. not stable compared to other games but it doesn't crash that often. I can play an hour or two without have to experience crashes.

Well, could be your PC specs causing a problem. Try reinstalling Kotor with the official patches then install the mod without installing other mods, because of the sheer size of this mod, you are bound to run into problems if you install the mod over mods already installed. Oh and if you are using any NO-CD patches then that could also be a reason as to your freezing problems.

Hey toghether i have an installing problem with the mod when the installer is nearly finished a line appears: • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\J\Desktop\Desktopschrott\KOTOR\Kotor1\bossr(kein yavin)\backup\modules\ship.mod". Zugriff verweigert (0)

And i don't now how to solve this problem (by the way i reinstalled kotor twice so the problem is not in the game/and i think that the problem is not because of my german version of the game because BoS was fitting with the version/the patch 1.03 is installed too so I have no idea what to do if someone could help me i would be very happy (p.s. sorry for my bad english i'm from germany)

Hey toghether i have an installing problem with the mod when the installer is nearly finished a line appears: • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\J\Desktop\Desktopschrott\KOTOR\Kotor1\bossr(kein yavin)\backup\modules\ship.mod". Zugriff verweigert (0)

And i don't now how to solve this problem (by the way i reinstalled kotor twice so the problem is not in the game/and i think that the problem is not because of my german version of the game because BoS was fitting with the version/the patch 1.03 is installed too so I have no idea what to do if someone could help me i would be very happy (p.s. sorry for my bad english i'm from germany)

The version of the game shouldn't make a difference, and isn't the cause of this installation problem. Have you extracted everything included in the .rar file, including the empty folders?

I have after the extracting of the rar file 5 folders (save/tlspatchdata/source scripts/2DA & journal/"after the installation the" backup "folder") the readme and the installer. that is all. I downloaded the mod twice now and installed it but the problem is still there so it could be in my kotor files but i don't know how this is possible perhaps i try to install it without the 1.03 patch of kotor

and thanks for the fast answer :-)

Edit:

i tried to play the included savegame now after the installation without the installer and on korriban is the door to the czerka mining closed (with a working droid and a man infront of it) but in the cantina i can't find drix k. perhaps this could help i don't now and i'm also downloading your link from filefront now and the i will try this version of your mod.

I've found some bugs. First off, I installed into a clean install of (updated)KotOR. Then I loaded the supplied save. I looked through the journal and several entries were blank(understandably as those were probably from other mods, as you have said.) But after

Show spoiler

Defeating the Rakata Mind Trap and having "Shadow" join my party, I checked the journal for the "Shadow of Revan" quest, but the new purple entry was blank, and unnamed.

Also great again, haven't seen anything too new yet, looking forward to the SR parts.

Silveredge9 i found a bug when playing BOS SR for the second time

Show spoiler
after defeating the corrupted commoner (when you go to korriban after the original BOS has been completed) i go back to the ebon hawk and talk with Shadow but instead of the dialouge concerning Solomon and the Taris flashback her normal dialogue (Lady/Lord Revan how may i be...)starts, i reloaded the module and her dialouge goes as normal, but i just like to point it out.

I have after the extracting of the rar file 5 folders (save/tlspatchdata/source scripts/2DA & journal/"after the installation the" backup "folder") the readme and the installer. that is all. I downloaded the mod twice now and installed it but the problem is still there so it could be in my kotor files but i don't know how this is possible perhaps i try to install it without the 1.03 patch of kotor

and thanks for the fast answer :-)

Edit:

i tried to play the included savegame now after the installation without the installer and on korriban is the door to the czerka mining closed (with a working droid and a man infront of it) but in the cantina i can't find drix k. perhaps this could help i don't now and i'm also downloading your link from filefront now and the i will try this version of your mod.

You need to open up the .rar file, extract EVERYTHING, and THEN run the install file. Not extract some stuff, run the install file, and then extract the rest.

Show spoiler

Defeating the Rakata Mind Trap and having "Shadow" join my party, I checked the journal for the "Shadow of Revan" quest, but the new purple entry was blank, and unnamed.

I've just tested this myself and I can confirm it's a genuine bug. I've added it to the list.

Silveredge9 i found a bug when playing BOS SR for the second time

Show spoiler
after defeating the corrupted commoner (when you go to korriban after the original BOS has been completed) i go back to the ebon hawk and talk with Shadow but instead of the dialouge concerning Solomon and the Taris flashback her normal dialogue (Lady/Lord Revan how may i be...)starts, i reloaded the module and her dialouge goes as normal, but i just like to point it out.
I'll look into it.

Archived