Home

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Malak is drawing his power from the horrors which transpire in the battle around him; all of which is being amplified by the presence of Malachor V.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
That works, I suppose. But then, shouldn't Revan be affected as well? Or maybe we could have some dialogue which suggests that despite the events around him, he stays detached and can keep his cool? That would make sense, given Revan's essential leadership position. Malak has a reputation for being fierce alright, but he's so bad that Revan is a bit of a pitiful worm in comparison.
I'll take a look, and see what can be done.

By the way, I've also experienced the bug reported by others with appearances getting mixed up, in my case between a textureless-headed Kobayashi, Solomon and Akirakon Sin. Very odd. I only have the "robes for Korriban students" mod installed, apart from SR. That's the only glitch I think I have experienced. Some solid beta testing there.

Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

Hey i have a little question concerning mod compability... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod? I havent played with that mod, and i wanted to make this playthrough as good and different from the vanilla kotor as possible, so i installed them both. There were no file replaces from what i could say, but since they are both big mods i cant be sure there wont be ANY conflicts... So has anyone tried playing with both installed?
Recruitable Kay was one of the mods I looked at before release to see if there would be any major conflictions, and from what I could see, there were none. As long as you use TSLPatcher to install both I don't see what could go wrong.

I did find one slight bug, though, but it's nothing important.
Show spoiler
When the PC is fighting Solomon within the Temple, you can still talk to Shadow, even though she is in a trance. She comes up with her normal 'Ebon Hawk' dialog.
It's already been reported, and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show spoiler
Unfortuneatly,I found a very big bug,When you're on the Orion with Shadow and you speaked with Daemon and the republic attacks,it loads the next map and it stays dark,i can hear shooting but it doesn't come back,i even managed to save game and load but it's still dark,I tried it 3 times and all was like this. Maybe my ASUS VGA is my problem.

EDIT: After i loaded the game i saved when the screen was dark(tried to search for character's portrait) the 2nd time,it worked,it's maybe because the cutscene starts too fast after it loads the game.

Ok, there are 2 things.

Show spoiler

I started the quest for the dancer guy, but when he takes us into the apartment for the Leasiure(sp?) officer the guy isn't there, and I can talk to Nat Koh and it starts the dialog that opens the door again.

Also:

Show spoiler

What do I need to do to place my DNA over the coalision meeting with he administrator?

... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod?

I love the Recruitable Kay mod, I hope there is no conflict.

I'm pretty sure that the Kay mod worked just fine with the first BoS. Since they both used the TSL Patcher it should be okay to use them together.

I'm just now getting a chance to play BoS:SR so I'll be sure to keep Kay in the override and if a conflict comes up I'll come back.

~*~Revan

I've only gotten through the original BoS, but I can already say, it's the best mod I've seen for the game. Ever.

However, I have a problem.

Show spoiler
I'm current in the Solomon's Revenge part. In the Czerka Residential Area, in Dreshdae, I can't progress. I just finished my chat with Kobayashi about getting into the mine, but the entrance to the Mine module is just a regular room. I'm not going to the module, and the room isn't on the map. I can't get to Czerka's mine or talk to the Administrator (if I'm supposed to). Is this a bug, or am I just stupid?

darth leo to answer your question

Show spoiler
you are just stupid and near the door to the mining tunnels you will see a terminal and then you will understand

Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

Show spoiler
I've traveled to Anchorhead to meet with Daemon, and he wears no mask. I remember he wears one in the original BOS and as I see him masked at your webpage, I was thinking there is a problem, but I ask you to confirm if that's correct or not. So to play BOS with a clean Override or not.

Cheers!

Show spoiler
Unfortuneatly,I found a very big bug,When you're on the Orion with Shadow and you speaked with Daemon and the republic attacks,it loads the next map and it stays dark,i can hear shooting but it doesn't come back,i even managed to save game and load but it's still dark,I tried it 3 times and all was like this.
It's a known bug. I'm still trying to determine what is causing it.

Ok, there are 2 things.

Show spoiler

I started the quest for the dancer guy, but when he takes us into the apartment for the Leasiure(sp?) officer the guy isn't there, and I can talk to Nat Koh and it starts the dialog that opens the door again.

Show spoiler
This is a strange bug. Could you send me the autosave created when you enter the Dreshdae Residential Quarters module with an intention to meet with Nat Koh?

Also:

Show spoiler

What do I need to do to place my DNA over the coalision meeting with he administrator?

Show spoiler
Kobayashi explains everything you need to know about that, as do the Journal and Shadow.

Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

Show spoiler
I've traveled to Anchorhead to meet with Daemon, and he wears no mask. I remember he wears one in the original BOS and as I see him masked at your webpage, I was thinking there is a problem, but I ask you to confirm if that's correct or not. So to play BOS with a clean Override or not.

Cheers!

It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.

darth leo to answer your question
Show spoiler
you are just stupid and near the door to the mining tunnels you will see a terminal and then you will understand

Maybe I should clarify:

Show spoiler
I'm in the module that looks like the apartments on Taris. The one with the Non-canon footlocker, the broken protocol droid, the Mandalorian in the room full of sonic emitters. As far as I'm aware, there are no mining tunnels.

I've tried numerous things, including:

1) Going to the Mining Facility. The doors opened the first time I tried, but there was just an apartment. The blue line on the minimap indicates that I should be going to another module, but I am not.

2) Using the communications console to contact the administrator. I got two options, to try to contact him or do nothing.

3) Fixing the protocol droid.

4) Talking to anyone and everyone in the module.

5) Reloading the game.

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.

Maybe I should clarify:
Show spoiler
I'm in the module that looks like the apartments on Taris. The one with the Non-canon footlocker, the broken protocol droid, the Mandalorian in the room full of sonic emitters. As far as I'm aware, there are no mining tunnels.

I've tried numerous things, including:

1) Going to the Mining Facility. The doors opened the first time I tried, but there was just an apartment. The blue line on the minimap indicates that I should be going to another module, but I am not.

2) Using the communications console to contact the administrator. I got two options, to try to contact him or do nothing.

3) Fixing the protocol droid.

4) Talking to anyone and everyone in the module.

5) Reloading the game.

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.

Did you unlock the door using your security skill? If so, that would break it and you would be forced to load the game from when you first entered that area. You need to just click the door and open it as you would any other.

Though the fact that you can open this door and a few others using your security skill is something that is addressed in the upcoming patch.

I found a minor bug when I'm on the Orion

When Daemon Drexl attacks the Orion and the cap orders the evac of the crew, the piggy beastmaster and one of the rodians on the crew remain where they are. And btw, when you're transported to the white plane, after you fight the shadow what do you do?

It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.

Ok, I've tried that. Savegame crashes. My fault by using too many mods, I think.... There is no way to force the appearance of Daemon?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, forget about it... I loaded again and worked.... Wtf? All I can say is that a long distance the mask doesn't seem to be equipped, and once I run near him it appeared by itself... Wierd...

I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:

Show spoiler
It's maybe because when i finished i didn't want to go al way back to Dreshdrae and i warped or it's a bug,but when you finish,Carth and Canderous just vanish, either in the party selection screen and on the Ebon Hawk,maybe it's becuase Kobayashi and Mechanic replace them.

I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:
Show spoiler
It's maybe because when i finished i didn't want to go al way back to Dreshdrae and i warped or it's a bug,but when you finish,Carth and Canderous just vanish, either in the party selection screen and on the Ebon Hawk,maybe it's becuase Kobayashi and Mechanic replace them.
It's because you warped back to Dreshdae. You will have to load from a save before then.

As i though, this mod is amazing. areas, characters and so ona re all top notch, despite the fact that I have only just encountered the Brothers of Shadow, this being my first playthrough of either of your mods :xp:

I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :S

This all looks very well done silver. :) I only hope I can accomplish something like this.

However, I've hit a little snag:

After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezes

I am speechless. First of all, I think I should clarify a point for all people who didn't download BOS:SR. Contrary to the popular belief/nomenclature, BOS:SR cannot be a mod! I mean, a mod either changes something in the game (i.e. recruitment mods, new stuff mods), or adds some new missions, or both. Obviously we can't talk about the length of "changing something" mods, but the ones that add new missions... It took me 9+ hours to finish BOS:SR (and it was worth all of those 9+ hours). I didn't spend that much time to finish some of the games I paid for! So, if we cannot name BOS:SR an expansion pack or a separate game for legal reasons, we should find a new name for something this gigantic. :)

Silveredge, I don't know how to express my appreciation. Because I am one of those guys that have a bad relationship with words, all I can say is thank you for your great work.

Just a note- when I played through with the Selene from underworld as pc mod just about all the characters I ran into were headless me, heh. That was interesting. But when I removed the Selene files everything was fine.

Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.

Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.

I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.

I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?

Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!

I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :S
Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR?

After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezes

Have you tried replaying the section, perhaps reinstalling BoS:SR into a fresh override?

Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.
It depends if the mods you have downloaded use TSLPatcher, and use it correctly. It would probably be best to always install BoS:SR last, as the install file is designed to "adapt" it to whatever is currently in your override folder.

Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.

I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.

I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?

The original BoS is included in BoS:SR, and there is no reason for you to download an install it after installing BoS:SR. That is unless you want a bugged game.

As mentioned above, install any mods that do not use tsl patcher first, and then install BoS:SR last.

Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!

I've just tested it and the Hidden Bek base loads up just fine.

Archived