Home

Sony To Develop A Free-To-Play Clone Wars MMO?

News

WAT....Why on Earth would LucasArts make two MMOs at the same time? Divide and conquer is a strategy used AGAINST a competitor, not by yourself.
I don't really think the audiences for TOR and a game like this are the same. With a browser based MMO, the playerbase are going to be casual and probably younger considering it will be based on the Clone Wars TV show.

I don't really think the audiences for TOR and a game like this are the same. With a browser based MMO, the playerbase are going to be casual and probably younger considering it will be based on the Clone Wars TV show.

My mistake, I missed the browser-based part. heh, tired.

Have you ever thought something is so terribly crap, over done, and a hindrance to it's franchise... Yet it keeps returning like its a good thing or something?? I'm so sick of seeing this damn Cartoon network "hey kids it's Barney and Ahsoka' fun-day Disney Playground show!! This week because (as we keep saying) George is on board, we thought we'd retcon a few more books characters and storyline's for ya :)"

If they make it, it's gonna be all about the kiddies. All of the kids that I coach absolutely love the clone wars and when I talk about the awesomeness of the Original Trilogy many of them have never even seen it. It really makes me sad. These kids are being raised on sugary delights of clone wars instead of the meat of the OT.

No children, Anakin is NOT cooler than Han Solo...who is Han Solo?!?! You know the guy who flies the Millennium Falcon. What's the Falcon?!?!

if it weren't for the free part, I probably wouldn't give it a second glance...

Clone Wars... Can't think of anything that makes older SW fans want to tear their hair out more... MAYBE Midichlorians...

SOE... um doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation within the MMO community... Can't think of a developer that makes MMO fans cringe more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived