Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

"Some stowaway we had on board... I still havent figured out what to do with him... or do to him, atleast." Cade crossed his arms. "I was thinking about dropping him at the Boneyard, and leave him be. I'm sure he wont do much harm there."

Lyna slightly tilted her head to the side, looking at the man. To her, he didn't seem like an enemy. But always be careful. Not too careful.

"The others are waiting for you. Go greet them!"

Lyna smiled. She loved to see Rawk's kids and his wife. It's been a while. Running from the others, Lyna went to the living room. There, Droo's daughter Ahnah, the young Cathar Micah, and the Skeeto, were watching a race on thier huge holoscreen.

"What did I tell you guys about sitting too close to the holoscreen?!" Lyna exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips.

Gasping, the three kids glanced around. "LYNA!!" They shouted, and ran towards her. Giving her a big hug, Micah said, "We missed you!"

"Missed you guys too!" Lyna chuckled.

"Where's Cade and Nale?" Skeeto asked.

Lyna looked back, and smiled. "They should be coming as well."

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small smile traced over Dravin's lips as he listened to one of them men, he learned his name is now Cade, gave a very poor introduction to his female companion. Tilting his head from side to side he listening and felt the vibration of his neck crack. Dravin was slightly disappointed that he had to stay with the group of men, especially one that seemed to be traveling to deaths door just standing in front of them.

"As much as I like standing here with all of you" He said in a slightly bored tone "But if you just let me go, then I wouldn't be a problem at all. After all the only reason why I'm in these handcuffs is because trust issues. I'm good with repairing things, so if you just put me to use I'd really be out of the way." Dravin finished.

He wasn't certain what they would do with him, and he didn't really care at this point. The only thing Dravin wanted most of all was the opportunity to find a vessel so he could make up for lost time in his smuggling career. And so far everything seemed to be wanting to put a halt to the life he really only ever knew.

"That is of course if you don't already have plans set in carbonate."

"That is of course if you don't already have plans set in carbonate."

"He is right though, Cade..." Nale added, while still holding onto Dravin with a Blaster Pistol. "I am getting a little bored of holding onto this guy."

Cade and Rawk approached Dravin. "I doubt he will do very little harm. I mean, whats he gonna do? Exterminate us with harsh language?" Rawk added.

"I suppose we could let him go..." Cade crossed his arms. "As long as I dont spot him anywhere near proximity to my ship."

Cade approached Dravin with uneasy eyes. He unlocked the handcuffs and set Dravin free.

((I'm gonna make it into night on Iego now, if that's all right with you guys. Just to keep everything going.))

Later that night...

Lyna sat by herself on the room's balcony, looking up at the stars sadly. She sighed quietly.

Cyan jumped by her side on the balcony's rail. Lyna glanced at Cyan and smiled, patting her on the head. "Oh, Cyan. I know that Cade's family are my family as well. But... I feel that my real family are out there. Somewhere."

The young woman looked to the night sky again. Someday... somehow... she knew that she would find her other family.

"But... Cade's family has been so good to me. *sigh* I'm stuck between the two..."

Dravin was happy to have the handcuffs off, but his wrists were still sore. He wondered around the home, making sure to stay clear of anyone that lived here, and staying away from Cade's ship. Being stuck in a house he didn't really know wasn't his idea of a good time. But he didn't know what planet he was on, which was slightly bothering to him because he couldn't be certain if authorities were looking for him or not.

"Did they honestly have to have them so tight." Dravin said to himself while rubbing his wrists.

Dravin walked passed a door that was surprisingly opened and heard the female from earlier. Thinking of how rather bored he was he leaned against the near by wall and listened. To him it sounded like to was torn between to worlds, something he understood very well.

Lyna picked up her little binjinphant and carried her in her arms. Walking towards a bench in the room and sitting on it, Lyna sadly closed her eyes. She remembered the day she saw her parent's spirits, including Coral Mai, her adoptive mother and Jedi Master.

"If only I knew my real parent's pasts... if only I could've done something to save them. But I was just a baby. If only..."

Suddenly, Lyna started to cry silently. She felt really upset that she thought too much of the ones she cared about. She was even worried for Rawk, because of his coughing and limping. The only thing Lyna could do was hope that he was all right.

Cyan stood on Lyan's lap, and licked her master's chin with care.

(Meanwhile)

In the shadows, a few feet away from the Rawk family's home, Syana crept with caution. After she ended Bantha Rawk aka Nat Skywalker, her mission would be completed.

She closed her eyes to sense where Rawk was. "All right, old man. Where are you?"

As the day faded into blackness the time was now nearing. Cylax exited his ship and made his way toward the Rawk family home. He activated his stealth camo just in case someone was patrolling. He'd make sure this time he'd get his fight and make sure no one else stopped him like last time. He began looking around to see if he could see anyone.

Now where are you hiding Lyna he thought as he looked around.

Cade explored Rawk's nest during the night - it has been awhile since he last walked through the halls of the series of buildings. He was heading for the kitchen, in need for something to quench his thirst.

The light was on within the kitchen. Cade entered, and spotted Rawk sitting near the table with a bottle containing blue liquid and a small container of pills. Surrounding Rawk were the droids doing their nightly routines - attending to the maitenances of the kitchen.

Cade took a seat across from Rawk, eying the bottle and the pills. "I dont recomend taking those with alcohol."

"Does this look like a bottle of Juma Juice to 'ya?" Rawk replied, while gulping down a pill. "What are you doing up so late."

"I was in need of a glass of water. But then you caught my attention." he leaned forward. "How about leveling with me? Whats the matter with you, Rawk?"

"Cant an old man mind his own business? Besides, you never exactly shared some light with me either as to why you decided to crash here."

"Imperial Bounty Hunters, Sith Assassins.. the works. They're after us. Not like we did anything in particular to tick them off, so they are obviously up to something if they're chasing us." Cade played with the bottle cap. "You're turn."

Rawk breathed a heavy sigh. "I'm dying, Cade. I didnt tell Lyna, because she wouldn't handle it very well." Rawk stood up and put the bottle back to where it came. "Diagnosed with Cancer, according to the doctors."

"How long you have to live?" Cade pressed on.

"Couldnt' get an accurate reading, but by estimate 3 more years." he coughed and sat back down. "Everyone except Skeeto knows about it. So dont you breath a word about it to anyone else!"

"Rawk, why wont you get treatment?" Cade said. "Or atleast let me help you..."

Rawk pointed a finger towards Cade. "I forbid you from using your power, Cade!" he barked. "Everytime you use your healing power, you slip further towards the darkside. It takes its toll on your body too. Besides... my cancer is untreatable according to academic medical studies..."

Lyna stood up, and wiped her tears. Cyan landed on the floor with her four paws, and looked up at Lyna. She squealed.

The young woman glanced down her side, and smiled. "You're right, Cyan. I should stop worrying about everything. It's unhealthy." She stretched her right arm to Cyan.

The little binjinphant jumped on her arm, and crawled to her shoulder.

Lyna smiled. "C'mon. Let's get some fresh air." And with that, Lyna began to walk towards the door.

(Meanwhile)

Syana jumped on top of the walls surrounding Rawk's nest. As she stopped on top of one of the buidlings, she could see light from a few feet.

Using her electrobinoculars, Syana could see the sight of Rawk, along with another man, who appeared to be Cade Skywalker. She grinned. "Found ya."

There was a silence in the kitchen between Rawk and Cade. This wasnt unintentionally however. Something didnt seem right.

"Rawk... do you-" Cade was interupted rightfully.

"Yeah." Rawk pulled out a gun from underneath the table, and smacked a clip of ammunition within it. "Unwelcome Guests!"

The two exited the kitchen and headed for the outside. Both of them hid behind a pillar supporting the outdoor roof. There was a panel imbeded within the pillar Rawk was hiding behind, which he opened and flicked a few switches.

"... You didnt..." Cade began, smiling. "You actually purchased defence turrets?"

"Ever since that little encounter with Black Sun, we've been installing a few security systems to ensure our safety."

The Turrets, disguised as rock and bushes, unveiled themselves and set their autotargeting system. They gave a constant beep, everytime their heads moved from side to side.

Dravin pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against to listen to the girl from earlier with his foot and started his journey once again down the hall. Not really being able to go out and do things wasn't really his cup of ale but for now until he could get to a more suitable planet he would stick with this group.

"This isn't what I had in mind" Dravin said to himself his arms folded across his chest.

Noticing a balcony up ahead he walked towards and and leaned his forearms against the rail looking out at the surroundings. Dravin could tell his body was starting to become tired, but sleeping now may prove more troublesome then its worth if the people he decided to tag along with for now decided it was best to ditch him in the middle of the night.

Shaking his head Dravin again whispered to himself "Two different worlds, but one common goal".

As Syana made her move, the turrents went off on her. She glanced to her side, and immediately took out her red-bladed lightsaber. She glared, using all her training Darth Sethos gave her to deflect these bolts.

(Meanwhile)

While Lyna and Cyan came outside, they could see just a few feet a red swirling light, and what looked like it was deflecting turrent bolts. After a brief moment, Lyna gasped. "A Sith! We gotta do something!"

After saying that, Lyna took out her lightsaber, and ran towards the figure with the red lightsaber.

(Back with the Sith)

As the young Sith apprentice jumped and deflected the bolts, she landed on top of Rawk's building, making a frustrated growl. She was safe from the turrents.

"I am so sick and tired of these sneak attacks. They're so annoying!"

"Then maybe you need more training with your blood-sucking Master!" Lyna shouted from the other side of the building.

Syana turned and smiled. "Ah. The young, worthless 'survivor'. My master talked so much about you. About the 'survivor'."

Lyna glared, activating her orange bladed lightsaber. "I'm sure he has..."

For once in a very long time, Cylax felt human. He could feel his own heart beating faster than normal. For now instead of hunting, Cylax was pinned down by turret fire.

How? How could they have known I was here?

He turned at the sound of a lightsaber and found a figure wielding a red one. His left hand clenched into a fist as he looked over at the Sith. The Sith had now messed up his plan twice now. Clearly stealth was out of the question, all that was left was brute force. He stood up and decloaked himself. Cylax aimed over to where Cade was hiding however his gaze was on the rooftops where Lyna and the Sith fought. In a split decision, Cylax decided the Sith woman was a bigger threat. He aimed over to the woman and fired a shot at her.

"You're sick and tired!?! You Sith have foiled my plans far too many times well that ends with your life."

He fired another shot at her hoping the group of heroes would see him as a potential ally for the time being.

Cade squinted to get a good look at the intruders. One of them appeared to be a Sith Lady wielding a Lightsaber, while the other was non other than the Cyborg they encountered earlier on Soccoro.

"You have got to be kidding me..." he rolled his eyes. "Will these people EVER leave us alone?" he grabbed his blaster. The Cyborg appeared to be helping Lyna, after aiming his gun up on the rooftop where Lyna and the Sith woman were fighting.

"Well, at least he appears to be on our side. Even though he tried to kill me..."

"Will you please shut up and get up on that rooftop?" Rawk barked. Cade jumped up and joined the battle. He fired his pistol at the opponent.

Dravin saw blaster fire from the turrents that served as guards for what ever place they were in. Reaching his right hand behind his back he grabbed hold of his metal staff that was attached to his belt. With a quick flick of his wrist it went from being small and less intimidating to its true longer for and hopefully a little more intimidating. He watched as a red bladed saber cut through the turrents with no problem.

"Well suppose I get to test the special feature..." Dravin mumbled to himself as he climbed up on to the roof of the buildings.

When he got there he saw the cyborg looking creature, the girl from earlier and the one wielding the red saber. Then from his side he saw blaster fire and Cade shortly followed it. A grin slightly came across Dravin's face as he stepped back a little more into the shadows to watch the show. With a flick of his wrist the staff shortened and he placed it back on his belt.

"Seems everyone is going for the more direct approach. Suppose I'll try something a little more tactful." Dravin whispered to himself as he lowered his head, his hood covering most of his face.

Dravin traveled quietly over the rooftop keeping to the shadows, trying his best to avoid detection. He was hoping that his ability to sense danger wouldn't betray his confidence this time. Feeling his heart beat heavily in his chest, he knew he was slightly excited. He had had this much excitement in his life since was younger. As Dravin continued to walk he pulled out his blaster pistol that was attached to his left leg slowly from its holster. Placing his right knee down upon the ground and keeping his left elevated over the ground he pointed his blaster at the one holding the red saber. Taking in a deep breath and holding it, he fired off two shots and watched they're glow travel across the air towards what he figured was a sith.

((Sorry I took long, guys. Studying and final exams. Done now! :^: ))

During Lyna and Syana's fight, the same Cyborg guy from earlier popped out of nowhere and shot at Syana. It looked like he was helping Lyna!

"You're sick and tired!?! You Sith have foiled my plans far too many times well that ends with your life."

Syana turned and defelcted his shots. Doing so, she Force pushed Lyna into the wall of the rooftop. "Fool! I've a job to do for my Master! So back... OFF!!" She Force pushed him away as well.

Suddenly, another shot came. This time, it was from Cade Skywalker. As she deflected his shots, she grinned. "Cade Skywalker. Descendant of Darth Vader. You were foolish to not join the Dark Side. Too bad though." She reached out to Force choke him. "You will die..."

From behind, two shots were heard. When the Sith apprentice turned, the first shot hit her right waist side. Then the second hit her left arm, wounding her. Syana fell to the floor, yelling in agony.

Lyna staggered up. "Wait! Don't kill her!" she yelled to her companions.

Cylax felt the push but he did not hit the ground rather than slide for a bit. He grunted before making his way to the roof where the battle was taking place. As he reached the top he found the Sith on the floor.

"Wait! Don't kill her!"

Cylax laughed and made his way towards the Sith. He pointed his left arm at the girl and a small coil shot out of it and it zapped the Sith.

"Don't worry, its only to keep her in place. That's the problem with you Jedi, you're to quick to show mercy for your enemies. You might want to take this opportunity to restrain her." he said as the coil retracted.

He looked over to Lyna and nodded however when he looked over to Cade he did not.

"This didn't change anything between us, for now I offer a truce. Next time though, you better watch your back."

"Cade Skywalker. Descendant of Darth Vader. You were foolish to not join the Dark Side. Too bad though." She reached out to Force choke him. "You will die..."

Cade smirked and chuckled, under the grasp of the Sith's force choke. "Not yet..." he breathed. Two shots came from behind her, and injured her enough to let him go. He collapsed on the floor, and glared at the agonised sith lady.

He pulled himself up and walked forward, unclipping his lightsaber. Desire to kill was seen within Cade's eyes.

"Wait! Don't kill her!" she yelled to her companions.

"Don't worry, its only to keep her in place. That's the problem with you Jedi, you're to quick to show mercy for your enemies. You might want to take this opportunity to restrain her." The Cyborg stated. Cade continued onward, igniting his saber.

"Or..." he began. "We just simply kill her right here, right now. Where she wont cause any further harm!" he placed the tip of his glowing saber near her head. "These things need to be killed for a very, very good reason!"

"This didn't change anything between us, for now I offer a truce. Next time though, you better watch your back."

Cade glanced up at him, while squinting and frowning at the same time. He was having a very hard time trying to remember this man, especially if he is covered with shiny metal all over his body, making him difficult to identify. "...Uh sure... Whats your name again?"

((Dont worry Cyborg, I did read everyword of your profile. I just thought this would add to a humourus fashion if Cade cant remember the man he crippled lol ))

A slight smirk ran across Dravin's face as he saw his two blaster bolts make contact with the Sith female warrior. It's was however disappointing that he would have to adjust his aim a little better for more accurate shots in the future but for now it seems with the help of the creature covered in metal the threat had been subdued for now. Slowly Dravin raised himself to his feet returning his blaster to his holster on his left leg. Clipping the lock back in place he walked out of the shadows and towards the collapsed body of the Sith woman on the floor.

His heart still ran though his chest, the beat seemed to echo through his ears with every step closer he made to her. At the moment Dravin didn't really care about the conversation Cade and what ever that other thing was were having. What interested him most was the Sith. Obviously it was after Cade's female companion. But for what reason?

Squatting down onto the floor Dravin looked over the stunned Sith. He knew that Cade was more then happy to want to kill her. But perhaps they could make some use of her.

"I'm sorry Ma'am. My memory seemed to have failed me at the moment. Could I have your name, please" He said looking over at Lyna the best he could with the hood still covering up most of his face.

"And Cade..." he continued "Wouldn't it be best to gather intelligence about your enemy before you destroy them? Unless being so quick to judge and prosecute is really what 'Jedi' are all about"

""And Cade..." he continued "Wouldn't it be best to gather intelligence about your enemy before you destroy them? Unless being so quick to judge and prosecute is really what 'Jedi' are all about"

"First of all, I am no Jedi. I'm just another guy who wields the force and a Lightsaber. Second of all, thank you for saving my life - I guess I'll let you off of the hook for stowing away on my ship. And thirdly..."

He glaned down at the Sith woman, his face completely emotionless. "What possible information could we gain from keeping this one alive? These Sith possess nothing but lies and deceit within them. They are driven by war and have murdered many innocent lives for thousands of years. They are inconsiderate, mindless monsters and we have every right to quickly judge and prosecute them on sight. How would I know this? Because I was one of them."

((That's perfectly fine PK. I like the idea ;)))

"...Uh sure... Whats your name again?"

Cylax stood there completely motionless. He felt his left hand twitch for a few seconds before forming into a fist. He no longer cared about the sith on the floor but rather his gaze was fixed on Cade once more. He himself getting madder by the second as Cade began speaking. He raised his right arm into the air and fired a shot.

"That's it! You leave me to die and you can't even remember my name?!?! Allow me to remind you then. I am Cylax Naus, ex bounty hunter. You sliced off my arm in my attempt to capture you and because of that my grenade was activated...I had to crawl all the way back to my ship with one arm, half a leg and severe burns. So now I look the way I am, and for making me suffer I don't see why I shouldn't return the favor."

Dravin stayed kneeling down at the side of the female sith as he listened to Cade speak. As Cade spoke, Dravin felt slightly annoyed at his words. Cade spoke like a narrow minded idiot. Tilting his head slightly to the right to listen to Cade's words more closely he caught the last part.

"...Because I was one of them."

Another smirk formed over his face, concealed however by his hood Dravin spoke his tone soft, and mindful "And yet here you stand. Redeemed. Ready to not give the chance of redemption to another. There is always intelligence to be gained by anyone about anything. Your mind just has to be opened to receiving it."

This is one reason why Dravin liked droids better then living, breathing creatures. Droids just listened and did, creatures argued and refused to see reason, or truth behind there narrow mindedness.

Lyna Force pushed Cylax to the wall. "Be still! Bounty hunter or not, you need to let go of the past!! And Cade!" She sighed, and walked over to him. "Please. If you kill her... we won't get the information we need from her. Dravin's right. 'There is always intelligence to be gained by anyone about anything. Your mind just has to be opened to receiving it.' "

She looked into Cade's eyes, which were filled with anger. "We take what is given, Cade..."

Syana, who breathed heavily on the floor, glared through tears. "Kill me! It's the last thing anyone will ever do. I rather die than tell you anything!"

She sobbed through angered tears, and looked up at Dravin. Why was he helping her? She tried to reach inside his mind, but almost felt as if it was blocked.

"That's it! You leave me to die and you can't even remember my name?!?! Allow me to remind you then. I am Cylax Naus, ex bounty hunter. You sliced off my arm in my attempt to capture you and because of that my grenade was activated...I had to crawl all the way back to my ship with one arm, half a leg and severe burns. So now I look the way I am, and for making me suffer I don't see why I shouldn't return the favor."

'Be still! Bounty hunter or not, you need to let go of the past!! And Cade!"

Lyna forced pushed Cylax against the wall. Still tried to ponder his memory for a Cylax Naus. He had been encountered with many bounty hunters in the past during the years; each one had there faces blured with the next.

"Lyna, I'll deal with that guy later. But right now..." he glanced up at Dravin.

"And yet here you stand. Redeemed. Ready to not give the chance of redemption to another. There is always intelligence to be gained by anyone about anything. Your mind just has to be opened to receiving it."

"Interesting choice of words, coming from somebody who wants to steal my ship." Cade retorted. "This one had many chances upon many chances of redemption. It was her own choice to become and continue her path as a sith. And when there is an action, there must always be a consequence!"

He switched off his lightsaber. "Whats the point in continuing with this argument... If you want to keep her alive, fine. But if she does anything stupid in the mean time, you take her out without hesitation."

Archived