Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

((Beware the long tangent!!!))

"I think I can do that Cade," came the sudden vocalization of Slate, who'd, up to this moment, been keeping to himself doing who knows what! (Other than being the silent specter of an observer that he is.)

"I can even interrogate her if you'd like, Cade," he said, his helmeted head swiveling as he looked from person to person taking in the area at hand, and the situation as it was.

Almost instinctively he looked over at Lyna, and said in his naturally cold way, "I can do it nicely too." He was reassuring the young, and somewhat over-reactive woman that he wouldn't hurt the Sith woman...if he didn't have to, that was.

Slate moseyed over to where Cade was standing and stood next to him calmly leaning towards the angered man. "I know this isn't the best time, but I thought I'd tell you, it's been far longer than an hour. I believe Nale owes us both a thousand credits," he whispered to the man, trying to avert Cade's mind, and calm him down in an inadvertent way.

"Besides, anything you need me to do with the Sith girl, I can do, just say it. But I wouldn't worry about her, I'd be worried about your uncle, Cade," Slate said aloud, acting as if he hadn't whispered anything shady to Cade. Although it was true on both parts, Cade shouldn't be worried about the Sith girl, because if Cade said the word, Slate would do what Cade would tell him to do; And he needed to be more concerned about his sick uncle as well.

Slate swiveled his head in the Sith girl's direction now, walking up to her and kneeling down he began looking her over, and checking her injuries. "So, has anyone bothered to retrieve her lightsaber, because I think it'd be smart not to make such an oversight." Slate said aloud to no one in particular.

"I know, you, uh, Cylax, can you do that for me, or were you leaving?" Slate asked, looking over at the previously angered cyborg.

"And Lyna, would you be kind, and help me treat some of her wounds, I know you're no expert, but you've got some experience, I'm sure," Slate said, although the older man knew very well how to treat such wounds effectively, he was actually trying to alleviate some of the tension that had been forming amongst the small group as they'd been idling, before he came along. Hopefully his alleviation would work, and set some of the idlers to work, distracting them from their current frictions with one another.

'What's that saying? Idle hands are the darkside's plaything? Yeah I think that's it,' Slate thought to himself, moving his head over and looking at the hooded stowaway. "You, after me and Lyna treat the girl, can you help me carry her to a secure area, preferably with a flat surface to lay her on?" He asked, his head looking down at the young woman, her presence in the Force dark, and full of pain.

"So...What's your name?" He asked her with a persuasive undertone.

((Okay, that's it, sorry for the length (Actually, now that I've posted it, it's not that long really, meh, felt like it though), kinda had to make up for my absence with an overachiever post...I guess!))

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dravin listened to Cade's words and chuckled silently to himself. Jedi to Dravin were all the same, narrow minded fools. And so far he didn't meet one that proved other wise. One's that were Jedi's but claimed not to be were worse, they believed themselves better then the ones around. All Dravin wanted to do was get to a different planet, find a ship and start his career again. But being with these people... these irritating people prove more trouble then he wanted. But he wasn't about to leave the weeping sith here upon the roof top of Cade's uncles home.

Letting out a small silent sigh Dravin nodded his head to the one who was now currently speaking.

"I don't think I'd need your help carrying her." he said to the man, his tone empty and cold. Dravin stayed kneeling down by her side, his light green eyes looking into her eyes.

Slowly Dravin leaned down and whispered softly into her ear "Don't be in a hurry to die... instead... be in a hurry to regain your life..."

Cylax grunted at the second force push. These force users were really starting to get on his nerves now, however seeing that he was outnumbered he had no choice but to listen. After all he called the truce so that he wouldn't end up in the sith's position, breaking it would just be a bad move on his part. He heard someone call his name and turned his head only to see the man that managed to sneak up on him the first time. He looked over to the lightsaber on the ground and shrugged his shoulders. Cylax walked over to it and picked it up with his left hand. For such a deadly weapon it was so light it weight. He looked at it for a few seconds before taking a few steps back.

Atrila knew she was in trouble even as the laser blasts from the enemy fighters finally managed to punch through the shields of her fighter and hit the engines of her modified bomber sending her into a spin toward the planet below.

I wasn't expecting them to track me so quickly. They must be force sensative to have managed to track me this far away from their base. It looks like I have no choice, I'll have to try and make a landing on the planet below.

Atrila turned the ship nose up and watched as the planet quickly filled her view

Minutes later

The bomber tore across the sky with all four of the Sith fighters in hot pursuit. She looked down in suprise as the life signs detector went off. She looked down just in time to very briefly see a small group of people on the ground before she passed them.

Hmph. Looks like the planet isn't abandoned after all. This could be bad if they turn out to be sith.

Atrila had no more time to think as her ship impacted with the ground. The last thing she saw before losing losing consciencess were the four ships landing, each of them piloted by figures in dark cloaks

((....I apologize if this post seems pushy, I don't want anyone getting the wrong ideas or anything, it's all in-RP, if you know what I mean.))

((I will put my post back up if requested, but seeing as there seems to be no responses to the RP, (and I don't want to be counted responsible for killing the RP) then as of the moment, I am taking it down, until asked to put it back up, if at all.))

((NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm still here!! Don't shut it down! I've been so busy this last week. I'm here now. Sorry, sorry, sorry I took long. :( Please don't shut my RP down down!! And Chevron? They're on top of Rawk's rooftop building. :) ))

"You, after me and Lyna treat the girl, can you help me carry her to a secure area, preferably with a flat surface to lay her on?"

Syana listened on to these people rambling on about her. She just wanted to finish her mission and get it over with.

"I don't think I'd need your help carrying her."

Lyna smiled. "I guess that's settled then."

Slate looked at the Sith woman. "So...What's your name?"

Syana glared. "Syana Bijo." She closed her eyes tightly, holding her wounded waist. Suddenly, she opened her eyes and heard the mysterious man whisper in her ear.

"Don't be in a hurry to die... instead... be in a hurry to regain your life..."

Syana continued to look down. She bit her lower lip with angered tears.

Suddenly, Lyna saw a ship crash from the distance. And four other ships landed. She sighed. "What in the seven galaxies is going on?!" She turned to everyone.

"Okay! Let's get down to business! Slate, our hooded friend, and I will take care of the Sith woman here. The rest of you guys... go see what that crash was about! Let's move! Please."

She began to walk down the swirling stairs that led back inside the building, hoping Slate and Dravin would follow with Syana. "Maybe Droo can help as well. Seeing that she's a better healer than me," Lyna thought to herself.

"Okay! Let's get down to business! Slate, our hooded friend, and I will take care of the Sith woman here. The rest of you guys... go see what that crash was about! Let's move! Please."

Cade glanced at the smoke rising from the wreckage of the ship. "Thats if there is someone who survived the wreckage.."

He stared at his team mates, and motioned for them to accompany. "Alright, lets go boys." he leaped from the building and landed on the dry soil below. "Hey Rawk, we'll need your Swoop Bikes!"

Minutes later, the requested Swoop Bikes Rawk helped pull from the garage were waiting to be climbed onto. Cade lept onto his and turned on the ignition.

Cylax shook his head at how accepting this group truly was. It would be so easy for him to overpower Lyna and the hooded man but he was a man of his word. He jumped down off of the building and followed the man he hated with a passion. He looked to the bikes and than back over to his gun arm. Unlike a ship, a bike required both hands or it would end in death for him. He took a few steps back in hesitation before regaining his composure.

"So tell me Skywalker, exactly how am I suppose to drive one of those when I only have one hand free?"

"So tell me Skywalker, exactly how am I suppose to drive one of those when I only have one hand free?"

Cade glanced at Cylax, dumfounded. He stared at the blaster mounted onto his arm. .

"One hand? I thought that was some type of detachable weapon upgrade?" Then he realised that it is his arm. "Oh... I see... So if thats your good arm, how are you able to - wait, I dont wanna know!" he shook his head. He placed his hands in his pockets.

"I suppose you might have to ride on someone elses back for the time being. One can assume I'm off the list, given your current grudge and desire to murder me. I wouldnt want to take that chance. Why dont you ride with Nale instead?"

The zabrak leaned against his bike, waiting for Cylax to make up his mind.

Cylax ignored Cade's comments about his arm so that he wouldn't try to shoot him.

"I suppose you might have to ride on someone elses back for the time being. One can assume I'm off the list, given your current grudge and desire to murder me. I wouldnt want to take that chance. Why dont you ride with Nale instead?"

Cylax glanced over at the zabrak who seemed to be waiting for him. Cylax carefully made his way over to him. He slowly sat down on the back of the bike.

((Gimme a bit, will edit post in, in a while.))

"I don't think I'd need your help carrying her." the hooded stowaway said to Slate, his tone empty and cold.

Slate saw the younger man lean over and whisper something into the Sith girl's ear, causing tears of what Slate could only tell were tears of frustration to form.

"If I wanted her to be carried by any one person I would carry her myself, trust me, I could handle carrying her on my own easier then you could," Slate growled threateningly, not pleased with the younger man's empty show of words. "But I don't want her carried by any one person, because we don't need her wounds, which I just treated, with help, reopening, and causing her more unnecessary trauma. So get over your high-and-mighty cock-walking, and your childish Anti-Jedi angst, and help me, help her. After all, if you're so concerned with her well being, you would have a more reasonably level head right now!" Slate insisted, pointing out the younger man's lack of good judgment on the situation.

Slate look down at the young Sith girl and paused as a ship streaked by and four other ships landed, none of them looking to be too friendly.

"Okay! Let's get down to business! Slate, our hooded friend, and I will take care of the Sith woman here. The rest of you guys... go see what that crash was about! Let's move! Please." Lyna took command very suddenly, and unexpectedly, to Slate's surprise.

'Great, more trouble,' Slate thought to himself as he gently began to lift the woman, trying his best to be gentle, hoping the hooded fellow would gather his senses and help him. Although, at the moment, it looked as though he was going to have to carry the girl himself until that happened, as Lyna began to walk down a flight of winding stairs, Slate following with Sith in arms.

"Your name's Syana. That's a pretty name; is it your birth name?" Slate asked, attempting to distract her from any pain through conversation, and trying to make some kind of connection with her, so that any future talks would be easier. After all, they were going to try to get information out of her (he could very well assume), and hopefully if he could make a connection of some sort, then they wouldn't have to take the not-so-painless path of interrogation.

'I don't want to have to torture a young woman, after all,' he thought to himself sadly, reminiscing over past events.

"It's been a long time, Sethos. What bothers you so much to visit my lair, eh?"

The holocron's image cackled, its old skin and features still prominent despite his "conversion" into a hologram. People once said that Sidious was the greatest Sith Lord. Sethos begged to differ.

"I hid you here for a reason, Palpatine. Information."

Palpatine's death changed one thing about him - his sanity. It seemed that his holocron did not at all inherit Sidious's famous seriousness, but rather achieved a more "crazy" demeanor. It did not bother Sethos, but the thought that the holocron he was staring at was of a great Sith Lord made him shudder.

"Information you seek, and information you shall receive. The visions. Have they stopped?"

Sethos grunted.

"I take it by that, you mean they haven't, no?"

"They have continued, Sidious, but my first encounter with the survivor has drastically reduced their power."

The hologram cackled again, this time louder than before. The figure's strange laugh has always baffled Sethos when kept off-guard, but he was well prepared for it now.

"Power. Such an illusion. These visions, I hope you know, will persist until the extermination of their root cause. This "decrease in power" as you describe it is merely the calm before the storm. It would grow stronger. Do not let yourself be consumed."

Sethos eyed the figure wearily, as if he suspected that the dead Sith Lord was hiding something.

"I am well aware, and I will not give in."

"Good. Then we are done?"

The old figure turned around, as if there was something to turn around to. They were located deep into the tomb of Marka Ragnos, which can only be accessed by a secret tunnel. Sethos has hidden knowledge of this tunnel even from his apprentice, wanting Ragnos's chamber to be a place of refuge and meditation.

"No. There is another matter I need your assistance with -"

"Hush. It is your apprentice, no?"

The hologram laughed again, softer this time. Sethos nodded.

"In my time, it was Lord Vader. Such a weak and fragile man. He ended up being the cause of my death, and I the cause of his death."

Palpatine sighed, the nostalgia of things catching up with him. Sethos wondered how nostalgic one can be about his death.

"I know the perfect solution..."

As soon as Cylax climbed onto the Swoop Bike with Nale, he too switched on the ignition. As soon as everyone became ready, Cade pressed his foot onto the accelerator. Its been a while since he used a Swoop Bike, but he eventually adapted.

The group soared across the dry lands, towards where the ship remains had lay. Nale was in front, and probably for a good reason; so they could keep an eye on Cylax.

"So I was the guy who put him in the sorry state he's in now... how long was this ago I wonder..." he thought to himself.

Minutes later, they finally arived at the scene. Cade stepped off of his swoop bike, and stared at the wreckage. Pretty thorough job, it was. There werent any signs of survivors yet. A large piece of the engine had fallen off and was on fire; which may explain the smoke signal.

"Is anybody alive in there?" he called, as he began wandering around the exterior of the ship towards the cockpit.

There was some one speaking to him, or rather speaking with hostility. It was something Dravin was use too. Over the years you develop the talent to ignore people when they go on a rant for no apparent reason. His eyes slowly looked up Syana as Slate picked her up in his arms. The ships that had flown over head were more concerning to Dravin, but it looked like the metal bucket, Cade and the one called Nale were going to check it out. But still there was a slight uneasy feeling in the air.

As Lyna led the way down the winding stair case, with Slate following her carrying Syana, Dravin decided it would be better if he followed a few paces behind just to be safe. Making sure Slate stayed in his sight, but his hearing traveled all around Dravin reached around to his back and grabbed his staff from its clip and extended it. His blaster was all well an good, but if anything he was much more efficient in close combat.

As they had started to walk down the stairs Dravin with a flick of his wrist shorted his staff. Turning his right arm over so his forearm would face up, he activated a little data pad that he had attached to his wrist band to write down thoughts, or interesting notes. Just so he does better to remember what certain individuals were like, and if he'd ever do business with them again. It was handy to have around.

"Is anybody alive in there?"

Atrila slowly opened her eyes at the sound of the voice that was calling out just in time to see the four dark jedi that had shot her down quietly take positions behind the wreckage.

That fool! He just gave away his position! There is no way he would be able to hold his own against four sith.

She unsteadily rose to her feet and ignited her lightsaber, drawing the attention of one of the sith who ignited his own lightsaber and then jumped at her.

"Whoever you are you should leave!" She shouted as she blocked the attack and swung at his legs only to have him jump over the blade. "There are three sith already planning on striking at you!"

Atrila watched as another one of the three turned toward her and ran at her with lightsaber in hand. She blocked his attack as well and then force jumped backward just as the remaining two sith jumped over the wreckage at whoever was on the otherside.

For their sake I hope they know how to fight, Atrila thought as she jumped backward again to avoid the two sith attacking her.

((Did you mean "Syana", Kyvios? :lol: ))

"Your name's Syana. That's a pretty name; is it your birth name?"

Syana looked up at the man with his helmet on. She couldn't understand why they were helping her.

"Yes. And thank you. I haven't been given a 'Darth' name yet, due to me still training under my Master." She tried her best to ignore the pain on her shoulder and waist. So the only thing she had to do was make a conversation. "I do believe it is my birth name too."

(Inside Rawk's home)

As Slate and Dravin followed, along with Syana, Lyna made her way to Droo's room. She knocked. "Droo! It's Lyna."

The door finally slid opened. Droo, Rawk's wife, looked at Lyna with a kind face. "Lyna? I just heard all the commotion outside. What's going on?"

"Um... I'll expalin later. But see... we've got a wounded person here."

Droo squinted her eyes. "Really? Who?"

Lyna smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, um... that's another thing I wanted to talk about..."

"Whoever you are you should leave!" a girl from the wreckage crawl from the wreckage and ignited a lightsaber. "There are three sith already planning on striking at you!"

With the correct timing, Cade ignited his own lightsaber and swiped the sneaky sith directly upwards. Unnexpectadly for the Sith, it fell over dead.

"Correction; now its two sith already planning on striking us." he turned to face his targets. They were lucky they weren't facing Sith Assassins, otherwise the situation would become a little complicated.

"Correction; now its two sith already planning on striking us."

Atrila's jaw nearly dropped as she saw how effortlessly the new arrival dispatched the sith without nearly a second glance.

Amazing...Simply amazing

She was brought back to reality as one of the Sith nearly took her head off with a swing of his blade. She quickly force jumped backward and deflected one of the lightsabers as it was thrown at her.

As the lightsaber returned to it's owner, Atrila switched from the Makashi form to the far more aggresive Juyo form, quickly cutting through her opponet's defenses and striking him down.

The second dark jedi force jumped at her and she quickly brought her lightsaber up to block the hit.

As the dark jedi continued to cross blades with her, she quickly switched from the Juyo form to the Ataru form and knocked her opponet's lightsaber out of his hand and force pushed him to the ground before finally striking him across the stomach and finishing him for good.

She turned to the last sith who was running toward his ship. She then turned back toward the individuals who had arrived after her ship crashed. "Tell me...would you like to finish him or shall I?

Cylax instantly got off the speeder bike as soon as he heard a lightsaber ignite. He watched as the mysterious jedi warrior made quick work of two sith. He had to admit her skills in combat were quite impressive.

"Tell me...would you like to finish him or shall I?

"The pleasure would be all mine." Cylax said coldly as he fixed his gaze to the fleeing sith.

Fortunately for Cylax he had parked his ship here...and the sith was running right into it. He began to make his way toward the sith but not before decloaking his ship. The sith jumped back to avoid hitting it only to feel metal smack against his spine. The sith swung his saber down as fastly as he could. Cylax brought his gun arm up which not only blocked the saber but made the sith bounce back. Cylax reached out with his left arm and lifted him into the air by his throat. He tossed the sith to the right and fired his gun. A powerful beam shot out of the gun arm and went right through the sith.

"I guess being here wasn't all that bad, actually it was...fun." Cylax said in a cynical tone.

As soon as Clyax finished off the remaining sith, Cade deactivated his lightsaber. It seems all the comotion has been brought to a halt - for now at least.

Cade glanced over at girl wielding a lightsaber. "Its now becoming a habit that we keep running into other Jedi." he added, after a long silence. "We might as well get the obvious stuff out of the way."

He clipped his lightsaber back onto his utility belt. "Who are you? And why were these guys after you?"

"Who are you? And why were these guys after you?"

The catahr looked down at her amor inspecting it for damage before making sure that her helmet was securly attached. Cathar were not well liked in some parts of the galaxy and Atrila didn't really want to take a chance.

"I am sorry, but I can't give you my name at this time. I assure you it is not personal but I have found giving out my name always brings me unwanted trouble.

She turned to look at the cyborg and then back at the other force sensative. "I am more interested in who you two might be. I did not expect to find a force sensative and a cyborg here on this world."

Archived