Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

mwaaaahhhh. i'm in love.

reminds me of Haven City from Jak 2/3 actually. this is a good thing :D

edit: maybe a slightly different skybox for this area, if that's possible? like, transplant some buildings from, say, Taris or somesuch to give it a more urban feeling :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe a slightly different skybox for this area, if that's possible? like, transplant some buildings from, say, Taris or somesuch to give it a more urban feeling :)
Or for the whole planet, i always thought the Sleheyron skybox is plain ugly. :)

Great work guys, the planet is shaping up real nice, will you be using the Bioware's Sleheyron arena modules as the interior? If not judging by this your own ideas will blow Bioware's out the water anyway. ;)

Glad everyone likes :)

Thanks Q, I wanted to surprise you when you woke up hung over :lol:

We have not decided either way if well use biowares arenas or not. All I can say for sure is that it would require even more scripting to go between all 3 versions bioware made. May be easier to model a new arena inside, maybe add a lobby before you enter the combat arena to sit down, and just have one combat arena. :shrugs:

Now I begin the horrid detaching and texturizing process :ugh::lol:

mwaaaahhhh. i'm in love.

reminds me of Haven City from Jak 2/3 actually. this is a good thing :D

edit: maybe a slightly different skybox for this area, if that's possible? like, transplant some buildings from, say, Taris or somesuch to give it a more urban feeling :)

Q and I have always planned on redoing the skybox textures. Thats just down on the list of priorities as we just want to get the planet done :thmbup1:

WOW!!! Just, wow. *Looks at newly modeled areas in amazement*

EDIT: I have an idea. How 'bout you have the palaces guarded by Trandoshan thugs or something like that? What do you think of that idea?

There will definetely be guards to allow you in both palaces. That is why the giant doors are there. As for which race, well have to see when we start actually putting things in our planet

Glad everyone likes :)

Thanks Q, I wanted to surprise you when you woke up hung over :lol:

It was a very neat suprise. Whats next I wonder, you finished the whole planet forgetting to tell me that? :lol:

Now I begin the horrid detaching and texturizing process :ugh::lol:

Argh, my head starts to hurt again, thinking about it.

wonderful, very glad to hear Sley is still alive :) I have the notes from David Gaider, the guy who worked on the original planet for Bioware before it was removed from teh game if that will help at any point, and can ask him any questions you guys may have. I do love what you are doing. Maybe keep some of the original sky elements, but I am sure you will come up with something great. It was a sad loss that they cut this planet from the game, as i thought the concept for the warring clans and the elements of the planet were great and would add a lot to the play thru.

I'm pretty sure this will be better than the original Sleheyron would've been.

The only thing I regret by not having Bioware complete Sleheyron is not getting the original voices and lines from Bastila, Carth, and the rest of the crew. I have full confidence in both Disbeliever and Quanon that the area will look beautiful in-game.

It is possible with some imaginative use of existing voice files that the original voices can still be used....it might take some creative patchwork but it might work...and would make what looks to be one of the very best of the Restoration-Addon Mods ever for KoTOR even better...

It is possible with some imaginative use of existing voice files that the original voices can still be used....it might take some creative patchwork but it might work...and would make what looks to be one of the very best of the Restoration-Addon Mods ever for KoTOR even better...

I say go for it.

[THOUGHT TO SELF] This just keeps getting better. I may explode because I can't wait for the mod. [/THOUGHT TO SELF]

Archived