Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Well, plenty of other people do it. I wonder if you can't connect to a Windows 7 PC from a Windows XP PC or something. Or if there's something else I need to do on my home machine.

I know you can to vista from XP

you might need to update your RDP.

http://www.thincomputing.net/blog/remote-desktop-connection-7-for-windows-7-windows-xp-windows-2.html

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about 90% moved out of my apartment. I am the worst procrastinator. I got about 3 trash bags full of clothing to move, trash a mattress, trash a futon. and then clean.

Kinda sad when you can enclose all of your stuff into a 5x10x8 storage shed :( not feeling to happy right now

about 90% moved out of my apartment. I am the worst procrastinator. I got about 3 trash bags full of clothing to move, trash a mattress, trash a futon. and then clean.

Kinda sad when you can enclose all of your stuff into a 5x10x8 storage shed :( not feeling to happy right now

its better than needing a 20x10x8

I know you can to vista from XP

you might need to update your RDP.

http://www.thincomputing.net/blog/remote-desktop-connection-7-for-windows-7-windows-xp-windows-2.html

I did, but it didn't work. I wound up just going into the office. But thankfully, while I was there I fixed the problem and it now works. The problem...you can't connect to a computer that is asleep. Now, no one ever told me anything about that. I would think that it would be useful to allow your computer to go to sleep and then wake up when someone tries to connect to it. But I guess that's just too much trouble. Anyway, I just set it to never go to sleep and now it works fine. Thanks for mentioning that in all your tutorials, Internet, you jackass.

I did, but it didn't work. I wound up just going into the office. But thankfully, while I was there I fixed the problem and it now works. The problem...you can't connect to a computer that is asleep. Now, no one ever told me anything about that. I would think that it would be useful to allow your computer to go to sleep and then wake up when someone tries to connect to it. But I guess that's just too much trouble. Anyway, I just set it to never go to sleep and now it works fine. Thanks for mentioning that in all your tutorials, Internet, you jackass.

yeah well you can, but then it will never go to sleep if you let the LAN card wake it up, because there is always traffic

High 40's here today and yesterday.

Making me feel lousy, actually... Too sudden change in weather + Staying out late partying = The Blahs.

Trying to prepare mentally for tonight's show: A fund-raising tribute to Haiti.

A well-intentioned, but giant Cluster-****-tastrophy. :dozey:

considering forcing myself into a coma for 2 weeks. my parents are the best at finding ways to make me want to commit suicide 3 times over. #1. moving my bed(which is a couch) on me closer to the ****ing tv and facing another direction than im used to sleeping, #2. wanting me to call off work to help move (i'll lose my job if i do that), and #3. just not being at all considerate of my sleep schedule. Going to bed at 9/10pm is impossible without being constnatly awaken by a loud tv or loud talking

hopefully in the new place were moving to ill not be disturbed at all when trying to sleep, since i'll have my own room.

oh yeah....i've been kicking ass in my dreams for once, so maybe that's a good sign. but now that my bed is rearranged i'll be having sleep paralysis and hideous nightmares again.

oh yeah and **** this snow. damn it i want to ****ing pass the ****ing pt test and get the **** out of this ****ing state already. pa=fail.

it's the best demotivator poster out there. im gonna print it off, frame it and hang it in my new room after i move. i've all but given up on looking for anything serious. none of the girls i have met in my area so far have shown any interesting qualities other than being physically attractive, it might be different if they showed any interest in me, but that's never the case. It's probably for the better. Every girl I've shown interest in has rejected me so far. so screw it.

Archived