Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car failed to start again this morning. :rolleyes:

Had to borrow mom's for the day. Kinda sucked. I'll need to get another jump, then crawl over to the shop and drop it off... for an indeterminate amount of time.

Spent part of the day with M.... but she was busy most of the time with her production,.. so I was bored. And as soon as she finished with that... she fell asleep.

So I just drove her home... in mom's car.

Not exactly the greatest weekend ever...

sounds like a good party. snails?

Yep. It has been a birthday tradition for me since I was...3, I think. My mom cooks up a huge pot of escargot in a thick garlic sauce, and we eat it as a meal. It's my favorite food. It all goes back to when I was two years old and my parents were eating escargot in a fancy restaurant with me, and apparently I really wanted to try some and was hooked on them immediately!

Ed, if your battery is 10 years old it is Definitively due for replacement. When the dash works before you turn the key, and everything goes out when you try starting it that is a sign of a battery not holding a good charge. WE learn quickly in Wisconsin to check our batteries after 5 years. I had my car sit out in -10 weather for 3 days and still started like a champ with a good battery in it.

Temporary fix is to get a 2/6/10+ amp car battery charger and set it to 2amp (trickle) charge overnight. (good ones go for $40-50) Only get one that connects directly to the Battery... trust me.

14 piano players tonight. Easy, but long show.

The departmental webpage I'm in charge of (for some unbeknownst reason I haven't fathomed yet...) had a bit of a meltdown this morning... while I was dealing with car crap.

I came back to my computer to see a flood of increasingly frantic emails.

Fortunately, it got solved by someone in IT.

It's been a good day. :rolleyes:

after the long weekend i didn't get a whole lot of sleep Sunday night. Was practically falling asleep at work. came home and crawled into bed with my kitty for a few hours.

My lady gave me a book to read to help in our relationship: Gary Chapman's "The 5 love languages - men's edition". Rather good read on relationships and strengthening said relationships after the initial passion wears off.

In case you guys haven't figured out we are now in the "intimacy" stage of our relationship

My lady gave me a book to read to help in our relationship: Gary Chapman's "The 5 love languages - men's edition". Rather good read on relationships and strengthening said relationships after the initial passion wears off.

Dude...she's giving you books to read about your relationship? You should tell her that the only book your relationship needs is a cookbook, so she can cook you new and fascinating meals.

You mean, like, mugged? What happened?
Jump... started, that is. :p

(Again. *sigh*)

(I was just trying to see who would react.)

And as far as the "intimacy stage"... yeah... trust me: we've all figured that one out. :dozey: (Though I've been calling it the "too much info" stage. ;P )

Another big, crazy, almost-trainwreck of a show. Survived it.

Oh the things I do for... well,.. money, actually.

New battery in car. The mechanic fixed a couple of other things that the dealership never got to.

Cost about a tenth of my last dealership bill.

Yeah... I'll probably go back to him.

Dude...she's giving you books to read about your relationship? You should tell her that the only book your relationship needs is a cookbook, so she can cook you new and fascinating meals.

I found this book to be rather interesting. I discovered my mother is someone who feel loves via acts of service, and so is my girl. Also that i am one that needs physical touch and words of affirmation to feel loved. Quite amazing how a small detail could have been missed that would cost the relationship

Anyway...

I've been playing some Serious Sam HD from the X-Box Live Arcade. Dang I love this game. Just go in and shoot up a bunch of monsters in big, open, colorful levels. The HD update doesn't make a huge difference, but everything looks sharper and the game is as fun as ever.

Anyone else have this one and feel like playing some co-op?

I don't have it... but I could get it. What does it cost?

But it's the same problem I always have: I'm rarely home before midnight anymore. Most of my XBox time is in the mornings, before I head off to work... :(

I've just been plugging away at Forza 3 in my free time. I want to get all the achievement points, and the gold in EVERY race.

That's a big task...

I don't have it... but I could get it. What does it cost?

But it's the same problem I always have: I'm rarely home before midnight anymore. Most of my XBox time is in the mornings, before I head off to work... :(

It's 1200 Microsoft Points, and well worth it, for single or multiplayer. I'd love to take a few hours one night and just sit down and blow through it with a few friends. The fun factor is ridiculous.

Anyway...

I've been playing some Serious Sam HD from the X-Box Live Arcade. Dang I love this game. Just go in and shoot up a bunch of monsters in big, open, colorful levels. The HD update doesn't make a huge difference, but everything looks sharper and the game is as fun as ever.

Anyone else have this one and feel like playing some co-op?

I have it for PC.

Played the OG games a TON

one of the best coop experiences ever.

KK: its kinda funny, I agree with R15, you are the woman in the relationship :D

or should I say, more tactfully, you need the type of support generally required by females, whereas males are usually the act of sevice type of people.

Archived