Home

Is this worthy...

ZimmMaster

This is a personal skin of mine that I have used and I enjoy using it. So I was wondering if this skin deserves a release:

Large Image *56k Warning*

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
jedirevanrobelrg-1.png

What does everyone think? Comments, Feedback, Advice, and Constructive Criticism is welcomed.

If, I'm going to release it, I'm going to need help with a problem. The image above is a pre-rendered image altered to show what I want it to look like.

So I tried to make the texture and got this:

Show spoiler
N_DarthRevan01.png

This is what it looks like in-game *1080p Image Warning*

Show spoiler
screenie.png

As you can see it does not look right. Can someone tell me what is wrong?

the in-game screenie looks like the chest plate and fore arm guards aren't as gold as you'd like, and the brown cloak looks too dark, am I right? My guess is that your gMax or 3DS Max graphic settings are different from the screen brightness of your in-game settings. I know that I have the same problem when I make screen shots using gMax (they're usually too light), or in-game (usually too dark). I don't know how to change the settings for Max, but there should be a brightness setting in-game.

As for the texture work itself, what program are you using? If it is Photoshop, I'd suggest using the "Match Color" feature. With it, you can select an area in one image, and match it to the color of an area in a different image.

the in-game screenie looks like the chest plate and fore arm guards aren't as gold as you'd like, and the brown cloak looks too dark, am I right?

Yes, you are right.

My guess is that your gMax or 3DS Max graphic settings are different from the screen brightness of your in-game settings. I know that I have the same problem when I make screen shots using gMax (they're usually too light), or in-game (usually too dark).

That happens to everyone? I thought it was something to do with my graphics card.

As for the texture work itself, what program are you using? If it is Photoshop, I'd suggest using the "Match Color" feature. With it, you can select an area in one image, and match it to the color of an area in a different image.

I'm using GIMP. But this "Match Color" feature sounds useful. Is there one in GIMP?

I'm using GIMP. But this "Match Color" feature sounds useful. Is there one in GIMP?

Try the eye dropper tool. I dunno what it's really called, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

And as for the skin, I think it's a nice subtle change that people would like. However, the little hooks or loops around the waist look awful. You should probably cover those up with the originals and then re-edit them, because they look all splotchy for some reason.

Try the eye dropper tool. I dunno what it's really called, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

And as for the skin, I think it's a nice subtle change that people would like. However, the little hooks or loops around the waist look awful. You should probably cover those up with the originals and then re-edit them, because they look all splotchy for some reason.

Yes I do know what you mean, and unfortunately that does not help. Also, I noticed the splotchy hooks already and I have fixed it.

EDIT: I think I've fixed the problems. Does everybody think it looks more like the original now?

*1080p Image Warning*

Show spoiler
screenie2.png

I don't know anything about GIMP.

The "Match Color" is definitely more useful than the eyedropper. It compares two large groups of pixels (even two whole images), and calculates how to make one look like the colors of the other.

Here's a quick video that shows how it changes a blue image so that it becomes oranges & yellows. The net effect is that the plane looks like it was photographed under the same lighting conditions as the sunset.

EDIT: I think I've fixed the problems. Does everybody think it looks more like the original now?

it's looking better, and more like your original. I don't think that the metal looks very gold though, unless you consider it a purple gold alloy.

Those this work with Sithspecter's fix for K1?

And can you make for TSL also using Hunter's Run's fix?

If its just an edited texture, it would work with any of the Revan models, the texture could be used in both games. If the model was edited, then that would take some work.

Archived