Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm back. :)

To commemorate the occasion, here's two little videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUGuFyUNPRM

And a still screen of the new menu...

menuya.jpg

Barring a few personal preferences to be sorted, the first level (Onderon & Dxun) has been finished and is ready for Beta testing. I won't be asking for any testers until all the levels are in this state, but it's nice to note that at least one is ready.

I'm currently working through Etti and should have it finished by the end of next week.

I think I know the response to this question but I will ask it still, are you in need of voice actors?

I am always in need of voice actors if I can get them. Even if it's just for some random character with three lines, it adds a bit more depth and detail. If you're still interested, just PM me with a few details (rough age, gender, what kind of sized part you were thinking about).

Right now some of the parts still use computer generated voices. Adding them like this for now means all I have to do when I have the real lines is drag and drop the mp3s to the right folder. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough people for the parts.

Right now I'm playing with some of Quanon's models he kindly donated to the forum, so maybe I'll have some screen of those sometime.

Welcome back, Trex!

Will you be getting a new site to replace the old one you used to have?

It's interesting that you're back now because I was going to try and download your trailer yesterday from Filefront and it just leads to an error.

For your menu screen, I'd suggest using a font other than "Times New Roman" - which always makes at least me think of uninspired corporate or military Powerpoints. I'd suggest using Trajan Pro, as seen here.

TrajanPro.jpg

It is a font that you're more likely to see on the artwork on the actual game boxes for KOTOR and TSL - such as this . . .

KOTORfun.jpg

I'd suggest using a font other than "Times New Roman" -

Looking at my photoshop, it looks like the font is actually somethig called "Microsoft Himalaya". It seemed to match the main menu font from TSL quite well :

comparez.jpg

I might not go with it though. I'm not even sure if I'll stick with that picture.

I should be making a nice proper site soon for all my modding/ hobby stuff. I also have mods for Empire at War and Elder Scrolls oblivion I can put up there.

• 1 month later...

Etti IV is now finished!

Since it is a larger planet than the others, it took me a little longer, but it's finally done. That includes re-textures, all journal entries, all voiced and all fixed as far as even minor bugs go.

As the mod stands, this is probably the best way to sum it up -

- Onderon/Dxun : Finished

- Etti IV : Finished

- M4-78-B : To do.

- Telos : To do.

- Planet X : To do.

- Coruscant : To do.

- Janacks : To do.

- Mutanda or Kashyyyk (need to decide. Might just remove) : To do.

- Rhen Var and final levels : To do.

- Misc levels : To do.

It might seem like I'm only near the start, but Etti really was a big planet compared to the average size of the others. Coruscant is the only other big one. The others are either smaller or a lot more linear.

Great progress your making there man! :) "might just remove"? that's very sad if you take away Kashyyyk/Mutanda, it was the thing i was looking forward to the most :( But it's your mod and you do what you think is best.. looking forward playing it, chers /Salam :D

• 4 weeks later...

M4-78-B now finished. That changes my list to :

- M4-78-B : Finished.

- Telos : To do.

I'm just aiming to get a full beta working right now (with temp voices I'll replace later), so if I haven't gotten back to you about any voice acting stuff yet, it's just because I'm not making it a priority. I'll plow through all the VOs later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New update. Telos gets added to the pile :

- M4-78-B : Finished.

- Telos : Finished.

Trex, there's a particular resource on Lucas Forums that I wonder if you've considered using to make your planets look unique. Have you seen Quanon's generous contribution to KOTOR and TSL planet makers everywhere in this thread?

Yeah, I think I've downloaded pretty much everything from that thread. (see my troubles here : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206902)

I really wanted to convert Korriban to Rhen Var, but I'm not sure I can manage it.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, somehow I completely missed this thread. I tried to play through 1.0, but since I have TSLRCM, when I get strong enough for Nihilus and Visas to sense me, I can skip the short movie with the ship, but I can't skip the cutscene that follows, and then at the end, it tries to load the mod again, but it just freezes. I can only think of uninstalling the TSLRCM to do that, but I really don't want to.

Nevertheless, this is looking too awesome, and my eyes must be fooling me. Did you say completely new modules? I haven't seen that since BoS:SR for KotOR I. I can't wait to play.

• 1 month later...

I have some troubles at the end of the game , when I defeated Kannos by Revan second time next scene there Mandalor should be alone there is Revan and I`m stuck at both side of the doors , KOTOR has cheat to walk trough walls?

• 1 month later...

Ok, let's get started on the updates.

I've gone through everything in Quanon's big sell out thread and know what I'm going to use I'm what I'm not. So someone will be putting your work to good use Quanon. :)

Here's some shots of those. Some have been retextured from the originals.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor2201110031554054.jpgswkotor2201110031553558.jpgswkotor2201110031549442.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor2201110031548528.jpgswkotor2201110031545303.jpgswkotor2201110031545224.jpg

And here's some of my very own work made from scratch...

Show spoiler
swkotor2201110011552016.jpgswkotor2201110011551416.jpgswkotor2201110011551213.jpg

This one I'm very proud of. This will be my Republic Senate. It's looks a little drab now, and I will be doing some better textures (yeah, the monitors won't have big smiley faces on them), but it works! Most importantly, the walkmesh also works well, which is quite cool since this was the first time I tried doing a multi-level module.

Show spoiler
swkotor2201110011533052.jpgswkotor2201110011533280.jpgswkotor2201110011534580.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor2201110011535087.jpgswkotor2201110011535244.jpgswkotor2201110011536164.jpg

Some of you have already seen this, but I've been playing with animating some of the character models.

I can't add new animations to the game, but I should be able to create some cool looking fmv clips with the characters.

Hey Trex, If you need any voice actors, preferably for male characters, I don't care how much lines, or even how much characters, I can do quite a few voices, let me know! :)

Could you PM me with a quick description of your voice and how large a part you were considering. Ideally, if I could get a quick mp3 sample of you talking, that would be perfect. :)

I think that's all for just now.

Archived