Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am back from Florida, and came home to find the power back on. :)

Getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. :(

The girlfriend is heading down to Florida herself in the morning... something work related. Perfect timing. :rolleyes:

AND I get to spend the next week to ten day looking after her kids and cats. Pray for my soul. :dozey:

Well... at least my mom will be able to help with that... and as word on the street has it: she IS a tough lady. :D

You know, I would fully expect Episodes 7-9 to be terrible if Lucas did make them, but I think I still want him to. Looking forward to a new Star Wars movie, even if you know in your heart that it's not going to be good, is nice. Plus there would be books and video games and other stuff, and some of that would be sure not to suck. There haven't been any good Star Wars games in a while.

Wasn't there supposed to be a live-action pre-"New Hope" era SW TV show at some point as well? In addition to the rather depressing CGI Clone Wars, that is...

I've occasionally heard rumors that it's in production... but I haven't seen anything definitive about it yet.

Well today was interesting, I canceled a class. really no biggie.

I was at a restaurant, just finishing up and I got a call from Cracken

long story short, Crackle's messed up on a couple of dexterity checks and critically failed messing up an ankle, so I picked him up from his Univ, and drove him out to the hospital

I just dont know personally if its a sprain or just him torqueing it too much.

at least he hopes he didnt brake it

Well, it was a 2 that I rolled. I did NOT break, tear, or fracture anything. It's just a mean ass, athletic level sprain that'll hang around for a few months.

Yes, the Dr. said Months.

Joy. Taking some aspirin to deal with some of the pain, and I now own a par of crutches. CRUTCHES I CAN BEAT PEOPLE WITH!~ MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! GET OUT OF MY WAY NAO BITCH!

Yes, it was some girl that I almost ran into and being awesome, I naturally gave her the right of way. ****. THAT. NOISE. EVER. AGAIN.

Yes... I work at Berzerklee College...

I am not part of the team, however... no time.

The last couple of days have been... hectic.

The GF is in Florida on job-prospect related activities. I'm watching the kids... and working.

Not a whole lot of time for anything else.

I've been trying to get a computer up-and-running for the kids to use while they are here... but technology keeps betraying me. Inevitably, whatever Windows installation is on whatever elderly piece of hardware I choose to re-animate, Dr. Frankenstein-like, is always unworkable and unrepairable. But so far, every unit has also balked at taking an Ubuntu install as well... leaving me with almost zero options with the resources I currently have at my disposal.

I'm putting the install file on a USB stick instead of CD this morning to see if that helps at all...

Otherwise, I'll have to look into other distros that might be more friendly... or finding a copy of XP I can slap on old hardware.

All I really need is an internet portal for them that's unlikely to pick-up stray malware or junkware.

And maybe a free word-processor that they can type out reports on.

Worse comes to worse, I can get their mom's laptop from her place, which they have an user account on already... but I was hoping to give this to them when she got back, so they could have their own computer, with out bothering her to borrow the one she needs to get work done on.

Got 2 computers actually working... though neither of them are exactly blazing.

But probably good enough for what I want/ need.

Starting a project with my GF's daughter: Painting/ repairing/ or repainting a bunch of my old RPG lead miniature figurines. It's been at least 2 decades, probably longer, since the last time I actually attempted that. Should be fun!

Pics to follow...

I loved Portal 2. Game of the year for me. I have been playing some Street Fighter 3: Online Edition. I also played though Halo 3: ODST with a friend, which makes 3 times I've played though the game now, and I don't even really like it that much. I saw ed was playing Halo: Reach last night at the same time - I was envious, because I would have much rather been playing that game...

Archived