Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta spend the day tomorrow battening down the hatches, and preparing for a trip to Florida to see my dad... which I'm supposedly leaving for right after this hurricane leaves town.

I guess I never suspected that the travel delay from a tropical weather system on a flight from Boston to Palm Beach would be at the Northern end... :dozey:

east coast is full of whiners. only reason it is big is because New Yorkers think everything only happens to them because of all the media based in NY

People in Florida are all "meh"

Wait what???

Do me and Cracken have to 'represent' in proper?? D:<

:D

No one knows what "winter" is unless someone spends a few "winters" in western NY :p

[edit]where's my hot topic badge :p[/edit]

No one knows what "winter" is unless someone spends a few "winters" in western NY :p

pfffffft.

In wisconsin, we wake up with 12 foot drifts at the end of the driveway and we are expected to shovel it all out and still go to work, on time, without chains on our tires

#wisconsinishardcore

pfffffft.

In wisconsin, we wake up with 12 foot drifts at the end of the driveway and we are expected to shovel it all out and still go to work, on time, without chains on our tires

#wisconsinishardcore

impressed, I am not. :yoda:

My power has been out since 1:30 yesterday. A big tree fell over on the wires at the end of my street. Only one street over they never lost power at all. :mad: Frustrating.

I packed my fridge and freezer with bags of ice. Hopefully I don't have to throw everything away. If by 4 this afternoon they don't have it back up and running, I'm going to pack up the most perishable items and bring them over my GF's place, where she never lost power yesterday.

That's really about the only problem I've encountered. Part of the lattice on my front porch peeled away a bit... but I should be able to nail that down easy enough.

Power is back on. I sang a Journey song to celebrate.

Any Way You Want It! Don't Stop Believin'!

:joy:

I got word yesterday that it could be up to two weeks before the lights are back on in my neighborhood. :mad:

Which is doubly frustrating because EVERY street around mine already has power!

Had to empty both my refrigerators and freezers. What was savable came over to my girlfriend's place. She has a freezer in her cellar we fired up yesterday and loaded with a bunch of my stuff. And I filled her fridge too. I had to throw a bunch of stuff that she didn't have room for away though. (Mostly condiments and leftovers and the like...)

Not. Happy. :mad:

I leave for Florida tomorrow. Not much else I can do... Hopefully things will be back to normal when I return... Or getting ready for work when I get back will be a challenge. Fortunately, J. lives a couple of blocks from me. I can always stay here and wash up.

Mom is insisting at staying put in my place and roughing it though... I don't know why... but if that's what she wants to do, so be it.

Mom is insisting at staying put in my place and roughing it though... I don't know why... but if that's what she wants to do, so be it.

Your momma is a tough lady.

y' mama is so tough, when carpenters buy a box of nails, they say, "Hand me some of those mamas."

y' mama is so tough, she can gargle peanut butter

Due to a recommendation from a friend I got my Laptop from http://www.sagernotebook.com withen minutes of completing my order I got an e-mail back saying it was in stock, and they needed to verify my information. in 1 week this is the baby I am going to get for

$1000

far far FAR better then what I could have gotten from sony/HP/Dell and it comes with awesome customer service

Display: 17.3" Full HD LED-Backlit Display with Super Glossy Surface (1920 x 1080)

Video & Graphics Card: 2GB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce GT 555M GPU with Optimus Technology / Embedded Intel HD Graphics

CPU Processor: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor ( 3MB L3 Cache, 2.30GHz)

Operating System: Genuine MS Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition ( 64-Bit Preloaded )

Memory: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 1 X 4GB + 1 X 2GB

Primary Hard Disk Drive 500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

Optical Drive : 8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software

Wireless Network Card: Internal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module

Primary Battery Smart Li-ION Battery Pack

Warranty Sager 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty

It is loaded, with 3.0 USB and a 2MB built in webcam

Archived