Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

It wasn't me... I was at work. I haven't touched the games for over a week now.

It was the GF's son. He loves the shooting games.

Big 9/11 tribute/ memorial concert tonight. We had a giant rehearsal last night. It's going to be a tough one to pull off easily.

The GF is still in Florida. Coming home tomorrow. She didn't take the job offer. So she's staying over with my dad and stepmom tonight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show went OK... but I made a rookie mistake and botched the recording... BAD!

I was playing with a chorus effect on the strings yesterday to try to smooth them out and thicken them up. Decided not to use it and shut it off to the house mix. FORGOT at that point to ALSO shut it off going to the recording mix. :rolleyes:

Everything sounds like it's being played off a warped record on a turntable with a slipping belt. It's rough...

Of course... I had to be a total idiot on the night 3 TV crews were here taking feeds off the recording mix.

Yes: I'm a schmuck... :dozey:

Well, I got the complete Star Wars BD set today, and I can confirm that they play in my new Magnavox combo player. They had a sweet deal on it @ Best Buy today, too: $50 off the list price, and I got the "Own Every Moment" t-shirt free. Because I had a couple of gift cards I could put toward the set, it only cost me $50 out of my pocket. :D

KotOR is for $5 via Steam FTW. The fact I actaully got an up to date computer means i can actually play some of these games now that I wasn't able to before at Bargin prices

Had fun playing Portal 2, but invariably my Wife decided to start bugging me when I got to the boss fiight. My biggest problem with it was FINDING the cores, and the Button. I had the hardest time figuring out where they were when going through it cold.

Weasly: NO, DON'T PUSH THE BUTTON

GlaDOS: PUSH THE BUTTON!

Me: WHERE THE #%$@! IS THE BUTTON?!

Now I need to find someone to play portal co-op with me :(

There was one more thing I wanted to try with my new TV...using a PC (particularly my netbook) as an input. A combo cable (VGA + 3.5mm audio) arrived in the mail Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to try it out until last night. The final test was running a YouTube music video in full-screen mode with my netbook attached to my TV as a second monitor...looked pretty good. Now I can also watch stuff like PBA.com's Xtra Frame subscription service and USBC events on their UStream.TV feed on my new TV.

:joy:

Woke up this morning with my wife wanting to cuddle. Turned out she wanted more then cuddling. Not a bad way to wake up. :)

Had a job interview later, got the job. After doing the "agility test" and drug test, I will be working for ACE Hardware at their Distribution Center. Nice thing is that they compensate Employees for being more productive.

I hear that... only with me it's always a matter of getting up earlier and doing things in the morning before work, vs. being rested.

When you work to 11:30-ish every night, then are faced with an hour commute home, going to bed early isn't much of an option anymore. But do I want to lose a couple of extra hours sleep in order to get up and do stuff?

Occasionally I do... but I then always pay for it later. By the end of the week, that lost sleep adds up, and when I do get a full day off, I'm usually too exhausted to actually enjoy it much.

Blah.

I ride the subway... and a one-way trip takes 40 minutes on a perfect day, an hour on the average day, and who knows how long (2 and a half hours isn't unheard of...) on a bad day.

Driving in on a perfect day takes about 20... but at rush hours it's at least an hour 15... Sometimes much longer... and then parking is nearly impossible. There's never any street parking, and if there is, it's a quarter for 12 minutes, with a 2 hour limit before you need to move, and the meters are in effect until 8 pm. The nearest parking garage is at least $30 to park there for a day. Sometimes more... and it fills up on days of Sox home games.

I usually only drive in on Sundays, really early mornings before the trains are going, or on nights when I'm going to get through after the trains stop.

But none of the options are great ones. They all kind of suck... but then it's nicer and cheaper to live outside the city.

Archived