Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

@snommism

What class are you? Your main player I mean.

Not really sure I have one I can call a main, I play whatever is needed for what is on the guild's schedule or I work on leveling my next char :p

My first 2 level 50s are (in order of when they were created & gear score):

Smuggler / Gunslinger / Saboteur

Smuggler / Scoundrel / Sawbones

I really like them now that I have gotten use to them. Only wish I could make them even bigger and move around or delete the characters within them. I really don't need a frame for my character. And I would like to put the softer characters at the top.

Not sure about party but you can with Operations. Just right click the little icon that looks like 4 stick figures and select "unlock," that will then show you 6 boxes of 4. I keep mine set as two rows of 3, and out operation leaders almost always set it up by classification, tanks in the left column, dps in the center, and healers on the right

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somehow I don't think "taking Lynk with you" will be immediately available as an option for everyone.
What! I thought it promised us that on the back of the box?!

For dailies, I tend to stick with the best possible combination, which is a healer companion for my DPS Mercenary. I do use Blizz as a tank during daily Heroics when I'm doing suicide runs. I really need to upgrade his gear some time to make him more effective, though.

What! I thought it promised us that on the back of the box?!
I thought it was in the guild contract. :xp:

If some more people would get to level 50 in the TWC, I would be willing to go through dailies with them. It is worth it for the credits alone. Now that crew skills are maxed, I have 750K just from doing dailies the last 3 or 4 days. For some reason I believe these credits and few more will disappear before 1.2 comes out. :D

If some more people would get to level 50 in the TWC, I would be willing to go through dailies with them. It is worth it for the credits alone. Now that crew skills are maxed, I have 750K just from doing dailies the last 3 or 4 days. For some reason I believe these credits and few more will disappear before 1.2 comes out. :D
Guess I'm gonna have to start spending more time with my Guardian. I bet it'll take some time before we'll have enough decently geared level 50's at the Empire side to team up for HM's and ops. I think my Mercenary's almost at that point where he's ready for those, but I might be the only one at the IMB at this time.

Guess I'm gonna have to start spending more time with my Guardian. I bet it'll take some time before we'll have enough decently geared level 50's at the Empire side to team up for HM's and ops. I think my Mercenary's almost at that point where he's ready for those, but I might be the only one at the IMB at this time.

I'm working on getting my agent to level 50. Mass Effect 3 may slow me down a little, but I need to play her at least some this weekend to get my credits back up.

Well I'm willing to do dailies with people too, I'm just not around 24/7 with uni and all :xp:
The Lynk does not sleep...who are you?

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, a few questions:

1. Is weapon training any essential part of the game or are you just supposed to use your default from when you choose your specialization? just wondering if I'm gonna use the same type of minigun as a Commando all the way to 50.

2. Companion skills, I've noticed that there's no option to train new spells for them - so do they just "update" automatically when I level?

So yeah, a few questions:

1. Is weapon training any essential part of the game or are you just supposed to use your default from when you choose your specialization? just wondering if I'm gonna use the same type of minigun as a Commando all the way to 50.

2. Companion skills, I've noticed that there's no option to train new spells for them - so do they just "update" automatically when I level?

1. You can use the same type, or even the same one if it is slotted and can be upgraded. Just be sure to keep it up to date. I'm still using the same blaster pistol I received in the middle of the game, only updated with level 50 mods.

2. The missions are automatic, but you will also find more in chest that are one time use only. You can also buy them on the network. You can also find schematics or buy them off the network. Also check with crew skill trainer once in awhile as you progress they offer more training (at least in biochem they did).

You don't train any, I'm not sure what type(s) a Commando is allowed to use though.

Gathering & Mission skills you are granted new "missions" automatically, but Crafting skills need new recipes to craft anything new.

@ Pho3nix:

1. Commando's can use Assault Cannons and Blaster Rifles as well as Power Generators. Vanguards only use Blaster Rifles but have their pick between Power Generators and Shield Generators.

2. If you mean you want to get new schematics, you can do so by going back to your crafting trainer to buy new schematics from them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to post here since Lynk told me about this thread....

i am trying to reach two of the datacrons in the captial and there are two places you need to jump..i mean MORE than just jump with the space key which i have known about from the day one. They made it very hard on purpose i guess...and i gave up last night after trying for a long time.... is there any way to enhance our JUMPING other than the sprint abiltiy which i have got already?

I wish they gave us a force power like in Jedi Academy but i guess this demands other things. Someone said there is a clever way to get to these places but three of the datcrons i found need a lot of jumping and climbing and i was hoping there might be an advanced abiltity to enhance jumping. Any info on this?

I tried that Lynk, the biggest pain was that first jump from the first pile of boxes to the second in the Justicar one, not too far from the entrance to the Justical area. I did not see any normal way to make that jump as the box you have to stand on is too far from the next pile to make the jump. hence my questions.

The Skill Trainer allows you to buy skills for your Base class, Advanced class and Vehicle permits, Your Companion will gain new skills and attributes (Combat-wise) automatically as you level.

(In my case I was too poor to buy all the skills nearer 50, but made some cash from crafting and eventually paid for them all)

I wish they gave us a force power like in Jedi Academy but i guess this demands other things.

You don't need no Jedi tricks to get the datacrons on Coruscant. You do have to have persistence and patience. I got them with my smuggler and my trooper, it isn't always easy, but that is kind of the point.

I will say this, these are easier to get either coming back after you finish the planet or doing when it time to go to the next planet. I know with my smuggler I kept falling into the same mob while jumping pipe to pipe, must have had to kill that same mob like 4 times. My tropper, lynk was wait on my, so I skipped the datacron and came back for it later. Way over leveled, so the mob did not attack and once they did they were 1 hit kills.

I dont mind hard work but in both the ones I tried, and I did try, it got to the point that the frustration was not worth the effort... i know it is supposed to be hard...but also fun. :) I will try to find some You Tube movies of how people did it, and see. thanks for those suggestions and the posts.

thanks mimartin, i will try again tonight and thanks so much for all the help from everyone, i dont mean to be such a light weight...... :) just trying to do my best....and i am not the best gamer by far, so i will try harder :)..

ah that is a good link... ys i found that link last night it helped a lot, i was having trouble findihng where to start the search for the one in the Works, i think that is the one i have the best chance for until i figure out how to make it up the boxes :)

Archived