Home

KotOR III: The Search For Revan

darth-ackbar

Hi guys, I'm announcing my new mod for TSL, which essentially creates a new game, KotOR 3. So I'm going to give a quick story outline and you can tell me what you think.

15 years after the events of TSL, the republic is in disarray, a small band of sith are striking from beyond the unknown regions, destroying space stations and colonies the republic has worked so hard to rebuild. On Nar Shaadaa, a Jedi outcast, master Kotho'Epp, believes that these sith have a connection to Revan, and answers the Jedi order desperately seek lie with him. The problem is, he and his two apprentices are stuck as refugees on Nar Shaadaa...

Well what do you think, I have a lot more storyline but I don't want to give anything away just yet.

If you have any questions, or are interested in helping just write in this thread, or PM me.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To everyone who thinks this is too ambitious, I totally understand your pessimism and I know this is a huge undertaking but I do have past experience modding and even making games from scratch. I believe I am capable of doing this.

I have already planned out about 80% of the story and have a good idea about where I'm going to go with this project. I know it will take more than this post to reassure you but I will be releasing bits of the storyline over the next few days.

Again, if anyone is interested in helping, it would be helpful.

Canderis, I have read that previously and I think that I have covered those points in my plan. Thanks for pointing that out though.

SOME MORE INFO:

Current List Of Planets:

Nar Shaddaa

Nal Hutta

Sleheyron

Dantooine

Taris

Onderon

Korriban

Lehon

Dromund Kaas

Nathema

Some Party Members:

Kotho'Epp: An outcast in the Jedi order, Kotho'Epp sought refuge on Nar Shaddaa after the great Jedi purge. *There he found two orphaned siblings strong in the force and trained them. Now his two apprentices, Ceedra Mailra and your character, regard him as both a master and a friend.

Ceedra Malira: Ceedra has trained alongside you your entire life, although Kotho'Epp decided to keep the fact you are related to himself, you both feel that there is a bond between you, which gives strength to you both.

Kaila Atis: This woman works as a freelance mercenary, and she is known across the galaxy for her impeccable covert skills and her ownership of the fastest ship in the galaxy, the Ebon Hawk.*

Yaru Nesh: This duros has worked as technician for Vella the hutt for most of his life, and his father before him. When Vella's palace is overthrown, he becomes one of the few survivors. Although not known for his loyalty, he is a man of his word and serves as a mechanic aboard the Ebon Hawk, he's not bad with a blaster either.*

Main Characters:

Bastila Shan: A member of the Jedi high council, and a secret connection to Revan, Bastila could be valuable on the right side...

Zax: Remember the hutt from the Taris dueling ring, turns out he survived Malak's attack and he's waiting on Taris to spill the secrets on the Mysterious Stranger.*

Mandalore: Canderous has heard about your search for Revan and he's eager to know how your doing. Although he doesn't show his face until the end, he's keeping tabs on you through a fellow mandalorian,.

Master Vandar: The abandoned academy on Dantooine holds many secrets, including Vandar's holocron.*

i wouldn't mind helping around. Not too much as im working on a story conversion with someone but a bhit of scripting and dialouge writng wouldn't hurt. Id do some skins, not modules but items and you could put them in game. Good luck! :)

PS:When i have a job pm me with the details and ill try to do it. Take not im not very experianced so i wont be able to do alot of the hard stuff :)

Please keep it on topic, everyone made their point about their feeling about the posters ability to pull off such an all encompassing mod. Now either keep it on topic or stop posting here anything else is merely a waste of your time and darth-ackbar time.

@darth-ackbar please use the edit button (right lower side of you post in gold “you may: edit…” instead of double or triple posting.

Thanks all

If only...

Porting from K1 to TSL is strictly prohibited here at LucasForums, I believe. However, many of the K1 modules you might want to use may already be somewhere in TSL's game files.

Not just at LF. It's a general prohibition which applies to all KotOR modding.

Also, very few if any modules from KotOR I were ported into KotOR II in tact. I can't think of any, in fact. The only areas based on KotOR I areas which are in TSL are:

Dantooine/Khoonda modules

Korriban - Valley of the Dark Lords, Cave, and Academy

Dxun - "Hidden Cache" interior.

@LordDeathRay, do you know how to edit the model files for areas. I have edited item models before but I'm having trouble working out how to do this with areas. Also, is it possible to import modules from K1 into TSL?

You probably won't even have to do this. There are a lot of skilled modellers on LF who might be willing to help you by creating new modules. You could also learn and try to do it yourself.

Also, very few if any modules from KotOR I were ported into KotOR II in tact. I can't think of any, in fact. The only areas based on KotOR I areas which are in TSL are:

Dantooine/Khoonda modules

Korriban - Valley of the Dark Lords, Cave, and Academy

Dxun - "Hidden Cache" interior.

Sorry, this is just a smidge off-topic, but where in K1 was the Cache Interior?

SOME MORE INFO:

Party Members:

Dustil Onasi: Dustil has reverted to his dark side ways, and is terrorizing Sleheyron city. Having already been turned to the light side, only to revert back, Dustil will be hard to recruit. He has much the same personality as what you see in K1, but his appearance is much older and looks a bit more like Carth.*

HK-47: Unlike in TSL, HK is more than happy to reveal secrets about Revan when you meet him. It seems that ten years of solitary confinement have taken their toll. HK is now more crazed than he was in previous games (if that's even possible). Although his assassination protocols are still in working order.*

Jek: Jek is a mandalorian, he tends to think of his fellow crew members as a lesser species and himself as mandalore. He has a dark humor and gets along with HK very well. Given enough time, he starts to warm to you and will eventually give you the means to talk to mandalore.*

Builder Droid: The very same gatekeeper that Revan found 20 years earlier, this droid is more than willing to join you. This guy packs a serious punch, as you will remember from the other droids in the ancient ruins. He also knows things about Revan and the Infinite Empire which could prove vital in your search...

The 9th party member I will keep secret, at least until nearer the release date.*

IMPORTANT:*

I'm giving everyone the opportunity to have their character in the game.*

I'm holding a competition for best designed character, the winner will have their character as the 10th party member. All I need to know is the name, gender, species and a short bio of your character. If you win, we can discuss your character in more detail.*

REMEMBER: Your character must be a species already in TSL, and your character must not have been a party member in either of the previous games.*

PM me your entries, winner will be picked: 12th January, good luck.*

Archived