Home

KotOR III: The Search For Revan

darth-ackbar

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want, I can do some character skins. I'll have to see how the skin wraps around the model, but I can do it. I'm not sure how much I'd be able to do, but anything I can do, I'll do gladly. I'm going to start attending a public school this semester, since it turns out that the online school I was attending doesn't have a branch in this state. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I know I haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd give an update on the mod.

Planets:

Nar Shaddaa = 100% Finished

Nal Hutta = 10% (Work has started on the modules, I'm hoping to have some screenies up next week.

Sleheyron = 30% (Modules are pretty much done)

Coruscant = 10% (Work has started on the modules)

Taris = 0%

Tatooine = 10% (Work has started on the modules)

Korriban = 0%

Lehon = 0%

Dromund Kaas = 0%

Characters:

Kotho'Epp = 40% (Models done, story written but not in-game)

Ceddra = 60% (Models done, story written but not in-game)

Khaylia = 10% (Working on models, story written but not in-game)

Yaru = 60% (Models not done, story written and mostly in-game)

Vaner = 5% (Working on models, story not written)

HK-47 = 80% (Models done, story written and mostly in-game)

Jek = 0% (Models not done, story not written)

Kkizz = 60% (Models done, story written but not in-game)

Sai Morlev = 10% (Models not done, story partially written)

Secret Party Member = 60% (Working on models, story written and partially in-game)

General Story:

Search For Revan Quest = 20% (Story fully written but not in-game)

Forgotten Quest = 10% (Still working on story)

Questionable Legalities Quest = 15% (Story pretty much finished)

@ christos200 thanks, we've done a fair bit, but we've got a looooooooong way to go :)

@ Fair Strides 2 sending you a PM now, thanks for the interest.

Thank you everyone who has helped and given support to the mod so far, I hope to be posting some screenies either this week or next :mon:

WOW, just found a s**t load of smilies, expect random smilies in upcoming posts. :3pdance:

WOW, just found a bad language XD load of smilies, expect random smilies in upcoming posts. :3pdance:

Hehe, hehe indeed. Anyway, progress is coming along nicely and im impressed by your ideas. Great job :)

A few questions:

How are you going to make Coruscant? I know their is 1 module for it (The council chambers) but is it going to be a temple, or the main city? Onderon reskinned might work....

Tatooine? Im very intrested to know how that will work?

Will there be many different species for selection with SFR?

When you say 100% on Nar Shaddaa does that mean all voices are done?

TY

OK, to answer your questions:

1) Nar Shaddaa is just the tutorial so there wasn't loads to do, all the alien VO's are in place but human ones are not. Sorry if that caused confusion, I confess that VO's didn't even come into my mind when I wrote it.

2) Me and d3sd0 are currently working on alien selectable heads, I'm not giving details until we get closer to finishing though.

3) Coruscant will be central to the plot and will have many areas to explore including the Jedi Temple, Senate Building and the Uscru Entertainment District. Some of these will be old modules, some will be new.

4) I am working on a brand new module for Tatooine right now, most of Tatooine will be new modules, simply because no previous locations are anything like the planet. I'm hoping to have some screenies next week :)

:lsduel:

wow thats pretty good! great work ackbar! and i also agree with newbiemodder the ebon hawk could have some sort of landing platfrom under it.

I know I'm not Darth Ackbar, but if I were designing the module, it'd be conjuring images of the Wastes/Flats as seen in the Lego Star Wars games and in the scene in Episode IV, when Luke finds Artoo and is ambushed by Sand People. That in-turn would lead me to scenes of a crash landing and a trek through the dangerous wastes to Anchorhead. During the trek, you would encounter Sand People. Always a friendly meeting. :p

I'm currently working on a new tatooine module, some renders from 3DS Max below. Can you give me your opinions, this is still in WIP stage BTW.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
render1k.png

render2ew.png

render3o.png

render4b.png

Very nice. But may I ask, how did you do the canyon part? As I very much suck at it. I am also creating a mod close to an SC/TC and there will probably be new area models, and I would very much like to know how to do the canyon part.

Do you mean the rocks? If so, what I did was to create a 2d shape with the line tool, extrude to the height I wanted and then add some extra verts which I dragged around to get the rocky shape. If you want a more in-depth tutorial, I'll give you a PM, just say so.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I shall put a landing platform of some kind under the hawk.

Fair Strides 2, I am currently playing with ideas for a canyon where there will be a sand people village and a jawa village. I will probably base this on the Jundland from a new hope.

Archived