Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

Reminds me of the movie I saw when I was five. I think it was called Poltergeist, my parents took me to the movie while we were vacationing in door county (the "handle" of wisconsin) and thought I would like it since there was a little girl in the movie.

The one scene where the guy is shaving and cuts himself, then proceeds to tear his entire face off.

Yea... that is why i don't like horror movies and couldn't sleep for four days

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working long busy shifts the last couple of days...

My first and only day off all week today... And I'm exhausted. Nothing productive is bound to get done today. Back to the grind tomorrow. Long days and late nights all week again.

But this is cool: I'm posting this from my XBox, using my iPhone as a mouse/ keyboard.

Still a bit clunky... But a cool idea. Once they get it dialed in, it might be kind of addictive to surf the web this way.

Last saturday night my wife and I attended the annual "Yuletide" Christmas show hosted by the UW-La Crosse. It is a fund raiser for the Jazz Ensemble Groups and Jazz vocals. Then finishes with the La Crosse Jazz Orchestra. Some great "Big Band" jazz music. if you are not in the mood for Christmas after seeing this, you are officially the Grinch.

Supposedly I get 3 weeks of Paid time off at work. But with over 80 employees, some with 4 weeks PTO (5+ years) and 5 weeks PTO (15+ years) I never can get a day off since it is based on seniority.

Not to mention I am stuck on 2nd shift, and have to work sundays.

Also there is an incentive program at work that gives you a few extra hours of paid work, based on productivity. Some people abuse this and do low quality work that others have to clean up

Hate my job.

I lost my first League game of curling last week. my team came back today from 0-2 in two ends, to score 12 unanswered points. We scored 6 in the third end, and 4 in the forth ends. Had some really tight take outs to make sure we stayed on the offensive.

(FYI if you score two on an end, it is really good)

Restarted minecraft. Realized the reason i stopped playing was because I got tired of doing repetitive tasks.

started up Skyrim again, did some quests and got tired of running around. The Magic sucks in the game

Think I might go into Multiplayer. Air Buccanners looks like a fun simple game of Air Pirates flying hot air ships

hey law snoll, are you guys going to go after syria?

Rogue15, Hi.

I don't know actually. Situation looks very strange, i never see anything like this before. Here's lot of discussion about Syria now, but military keep silent yet. One officer of regular army who i know said like a joke "If those American f**ks attack Syria, then i think Talebs should suddenly finds forgotten Soviet supply pack of portable SAMs in Afghanistan, or maybe those so called "insurgents" in Iraq should find couple of RPOs to make some roast by recipe "Yankee in Kevlar"... ". But i really hope nobody actualize such of plan because of it will cause some sort of Vietnam-2 with really harsh casualties among US troops. Of cause, lot of guys here just dreaming about the day when they will be allowed to go on "Yankee safari" (at least they claims so, and i think they are serious - Russian society very tired from American international lawlessness and constant anti-Russian position that doesn't lets us to restore territorial unity of Russian space)... but war is fun until first killed, you know that. So i think all of these militants should switch on their brains in right moment. Before the worst will happen.

As far as i know now couple of Russian Navy vessels now stationed in Syria, including Russian soldiers of Marine corps, who doesn't fights against terrorists directly. At least yet. If USA would attack Syria, they would imminently attack Russian troops... and you know what gonna happen then. So i think USA and Russia now will start to push on each other by ways of policy and economy. There's lot of details too, and i really don't know how exactly Russia;s and USA's Governments would act.

We should wait for claims of officials.

Spent the night last night doing sound for what was essentially an extreme leftist rally. The kind of folks who dislike Clinton and Obama for being wayyyyyy too conservative.

The guest speakers were Angela Davis and Noam Chomsky.

The subject was the dismantling and doing away with the American prison system.

It was weird, and every bit as surreal and kinda frightening to me as if it had been an extreme right wing rally.

I guess I'm just too moderate to be comfortable around extremists and self-defined radicals.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

really fun game. would be a great game for LAN parties. It is simple enough that everyone can learn how to play. Also it rewards good co-op play. THere is nothing better then being on a BAttleship with 6-8 people on it and taking down an enemy ship

By the way, Rogue15, what does guys over you speak about those situation over Syria? You know, i working here, listening news... here's really lot of discuss about it. Some of Russian politicians positions really looks very aggressive. What do you think, would US make a provocation there?

P.S. Pfff... i actually just don't want to be enlisted in the Army again, i oat enough of this in end of 90s.

Oh, Ok. Some of so called "experts" even says about "US aggression against Syria is about to start at December 17". But what is more strange - militarists shouts about "we will kick their asses if they would dare to attack Syria", while Palputin and his pet Darth Medvader remains silent like rocks.

As i said - never have to seen anything like this before. Very strange.

Archived