Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Yeah, but it's not all dark. There are a lot of ridiculous, cartoon-like, made-for-kids moments in there too. The tone is really all over the place, and it's distracting. It's like they changed their minds about what these movies were going to be at some point, but didn't go back through and make everything consistent with the new direction or something.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter is designed to make us all ill.

Back to the movies: There was a trailer for yet another reboot of Godzilla. Good luck to them. I hope it's better than the half dozen or so attempts they've already made.

Another thought: I'd also like to see a big budget version of Dune that doesn't suck.

I don't think that's really so much to ask...

God, I hate it when they schedule me to be in early at work... it basically means that I am not going to sleep at all that night. Like last night, for instance... :rolleyes:

And Monday mornings are particularly bad, since I also have to make sure the trash gets out before I go.

Of course, my schedule goes back to normal tomorrow... when I work until midnight. Which means I'll be a basket case all week, and probably never get my sleep schedule back on track until the next time I have multiple days off in a row... which could be a long ways away now.

Ah... A great way to start a new semester! :dozey:

why did that happen.

Got my college books! :)

Also i got a decent amount in a refund check today...pretty damn happy about that, military service paying off lol!!! now i can pay off my AR-15 and still have money in the bank....still no vehicle though, but that can wait i got bus routes. :joy:

So anyone have any thoughts on Disney deciding to look into the Expanded Universe and obviously put a hatchet to it?

Kind of a dumb move on their part... Though I'm sure the rationale is to not have conflicts with the EU stories, and those of the "Official" movies that are coming out that the fans will be going "Yeah, but..." over.

I mean, I read "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" back in the late 70's... between Star Wars (as it was known then...) and ESB... and even though some of what happened in the movies directly contradicted the book, it never freaked me out. Same with the Marvel SW comic book stories. They went all over the place, and held only a slight resemblance to the movie universe. But they were fun, and a way of getting my hands on some new and fresh SW stuff between movies.

It seems dumb to kill off a potential and established revenue stream like that, just to keep everything consistent and "canon." (Whatever that REALLY means in a fictional universe that has many multiple authors...)

Wow, I was afraid this place was gone forever...
Yeah... I wasn't sure we'd see it again this time. I'm sure the day is coming when we won't... And maybe sooner than later. :(

We should make sure we have an alternate meeting place (another forum site maybe?) when that day comes. Backup contact info or something...

Also:

For those of you who aren't already part of it:

XWA group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/18003359008/

LF group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/18468824200/

Copy them somewhere on your drive, or bookmark them... because even if you don't want to join them now, if this place ever goes down for good, that may be the only sure-fire way we have for all getting in touch with one another again.

Why not mess with TOR? It is a fricking game. even in the EU continuity for games was about the lowest level of canon. In fact, more continuity errors are created just for the sake of game-play.

When I run my SW RPG, it is SO much easier to ignore everything and anything that happened in Video games.. including TOR.

cause SWTOR is so far back, i just hope they don't go like 'OK ALL EU PLANETS ARE NON CANON' or some bs like that. hope hope hope they surprise us all. doubtful.

also, i enjoy the games more than the movie, specifically games like SWTOR where you can make light/dark side choices, free roam around doing fun missions etc. idk i just found the games to be fascinating, ever since playing as Dash Rendar in 'Shadows of the Empire' on Nintendo 64.

From what I can tell, we lost about three days' worth of potential posts, which is going to skew the first year-end projection later (but we were doing rather well out of the gate, so...)

Just to put it on record here, I went 178-214-213 for a 605 the other night in league...I think that was only my second 600 of the winter season.

Obviously they were going to have to void the EU to make way for the new movies.

I stopped reading the books and stuff after the Bantam era, so whatever they decide to call "canon" at this point doesn't really affect me. If the new movies contradict some of the books I like, I'll just choose whichever I like better for my own personal "canon."

The only thing worth keeping in the post RotJ EU is Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy. Everything else is trash. Either some thinly veiled Mary Sue character or some super weapon that is going to destroy everything.

There are some things i would LOVE to get trashed, the stupid light saber styles, and the Vong

Archived