Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

A complete sea bag full of navy dungaree, working black and white, dress black and white uniforms.

Another complete sea bag full of marine corps dungaree uniforms.

Weapons and equipment for training and drills. (We had to give it all back, though. :( )

Immunizations and medicine appropriate for the time.

:max: I was not issued a fleshlight.

:dozey: They had whores, back in those days.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for your loss, ed. :( what a crap way to start the summer...hopefully things turn out better for you the rest of the year.

Got in touch with one of my buddies from the kuwait deployment...it was so nice talking to him....i really miss those times...life is gonna get better for me from here on.

New mouse and keyboard - the most basic Microsoft models. Pretty crap. Why can't somebody make simple but high quality things? Like, made from good materials and made to last, but only has the most basic of functionality? I don't need six buttons on a mouse. But I do need it to feel like it didn't come from the dollar store.

safe travels, ed. i really hope things turn out better for you...you really deserve a break.

played a bunch of video games last night...Watch Dogs, and i'm getting used to Titanfall, Titanfall is pretty crazy just gotta level up so i can get more customization options.

really looking forward to Master Chief Collection, Far Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain, Tom Clancy's The Division, Grand Theft Auto V...

plan to restrict my alcohol consumption in favor of video games...and working out. hah

Good travels, Ed. I hope your dad is doing well.

Keyan, it sounds like you're having profound hardware issues. If only we had Star Trek technology, where no mouse is required...

*(Browses on his I-pad. )*

R15, why do I picture you on a treadmill, wearing a beer hat and playing Call of Duty live on X-box?

_font_b_drinking_b_font_font.jpg

:D

lol maybe.

had a girl i deployed with be hitting like on all my **** on facebook and instagram so i got her number, she lives half hour away....considering asking her out, but not sure if that'll be weird because she was sleeping with my roommate when we were in kuwait. (yea and i was in the same room when it happened) think i should just see if she's worth my time.

So, a bit of backstory here...

I don't like my potential Mother-In-Law for various reasons. I am not alone in this regard. In fact, her fathers' side of the family... well, if she were to die and be cast into the fiery pits of the deepest, hottest, pit of Hell, they wouldn't bat an eye. Pretty sure there would be some sort of celebration. Even her own son won't speak to her, mostly because she believes his fiancee is some sort of Succubus sent from the Devil to steal her boy and fill his head with lies.

Reality is that she's lied about.... well... a lot of pretty important family stuff. She had her own children convinced that their father was an evil man, when the reality is he's probably one of the most honest, stand up gentlemen I have ever met. She claimed their father did some pretty messed up stuff to her daughter, my girlfriend, and my own research showed she lied pretty hard, as her claims would have shown up in the public court records. Working in the State Department for New York got me quite a few powerful friends in the right places.....

ANYWAY, I don't like her. I can't stand to be around her for more than about 5 minutes. Any longer than that, and my brain just shuts down because the things that come out of her mouth are the dumbest **** I have had the unfortunate experience hearing. Even her own daughter is coming to the realization that this woman can't be trusted.

Needless to say, with the passing of her boyfriend/sugar daddy, there was a very high chance that she would have to come stay with me and my girlfriend for an extended period of time until she found her own place to live. I agreed to this because... well, I'm not a complete *******, and to lose a "loved" one, though it's debatable she really loved him, is hard, and being out on the street... even my most hated enemy shouldn't be out on the street.

I had plans setup to be able to spend a few nights a week... not at the apartment. Just to keep my own sanity, and she did as well. We both learned today that this will be unnecessary, as her boyfriends family is paying for her living space until the lease is up in September. My girlfriend stated quite clearly that if her mom didn't have a place to live by then, she would not be staying with us. Her logic is that she's a grown woman, and if she can't sort out her ****, why should her children do it, since she's perfectly capable of figuring it out. She also realized that having her mother move in would probably lead to the collapse of our relationship, since there would come a point I just wouldn't be able to take it anymore.

So... dodged a bullet there.

Archived