Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes by A-wing.

What app are you guys using, anyway? :max:

Just Googlily maps. It has a way to calculate times by car, public transport, and foot. All of which seem overly optimistic. And the route it calculated from Beantown to Oregon for train and bus seems weird to me: It hugs the border with Mexico quite a bit, and takes almost 5 days. I took Amtrak from Boston to Seattle when I was a kid. Pretty much a straight shot, and took under 3 days.

And the A-Wing was always my favorite. Speed and maneuverability for the win. You can't kill what you can't hit! :D

The Dodonna-Blissex A-wing space superiority starfighter played a significant role in the victory at Endor...that settles it. :dozey:

:D

My Starfleet exoatmospheric plotting app says the A-wing can make the flight from Beantown to Beavertown in 32 minutes, 41 minutes if it stays in atmosphere or 1 hour, 12 minutes if it stays low enough to avoid commercial and military radar.

That last one sounds like fun, although I'm not sure if the targeting computer is programmed to highlight power lines...

considering the Y-wing was in use before Luke Skywalker was born, i can see the problems.

One problem about a-wings. Only in the X-wing games does it have missiles. Some old sources from West End Games had a powerful jammer installed. Also since it has no R2 it has "short legs" since it can only store about 2 jumps. no missiles, means it could never destroy the Death star. Left doing interception and flying cover for slower things

Oddly enough, I've always liked the look and feel of the Y wing. I've always felt it was the sharpest looking ship of the rebel fighters.

Though the X-wing was the one I would want to take out in a fight. A wing was too fragile, the Y wing was too slow, and I don't know enough about the V wing to accurately judge how it'd perform.

But just the appearence of the Y wing is something I like.

ha! I watched that too. Though i freely admit to not finding the moon all that fascinating to look at.

That said, when the moon disappeared, and you could so clearly see the stars, now that was truly a sight.

Oh, and regarding the fedora. I have a beige fedora and a beige trench coat I wear regularly in the winter. Or when its raining. Nothing better then showing up to fix someones computer wearing an overcoat with a matching fedora. The looks I get are priceless.

This week at work is pretty slow... except for Friday, which is going to be like a week's worth of insane, stressful work in a couple of hours, and is going to suck. :rolleyes::mad:

Next week I'm already scheduled 60+ hours. :eek:

Ahh... Vacation is truly over! :dozey: Here come the crazy work hours again! Next stop: Graduation!

Of course: the extra money will be nice, especially around the holiday season... But the toll it's inevitably going to take on my mental and physical health (not to mention my love life...) is not really something I'm looking forward to.

Before I started college, there was a summer/ fall where I was doing 90 - 95 hours a week.

You don't get to do a whole lot other than work and sleep though. I was so stressed and caffeinated during that time that I lost 30 or 40 pounds.

Made enough in 6 months to pay off my first year of college and almost all my bills during that time. And that was working 2 more-or-less minimum wage jobs... Albeit with a bit of OT at one or the other or occasionally both each week.

Archived