Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll make this one up (On my lunch break at work atm)

x-2Y=6

3x+y=12

Use Gauss Jordan Elimination Method to solve.

Let me go digging through my old files for some R scripts...

> # This is for a 3x4 matrix
> A=matrix(0, nrow=3, ncol=3)
> 
> A[1,1]=1; A[1,2]=1; A[1,3]=2
> A[2,1]=1; A[2,2]=2; A[2,3]=3
> A[3,1]=2; A[3,2]=1; A[3,3]=4
> 
> b=matrix(0, nrow=3,ncol=1)
> 
> b[1,1]=5; b[2,1]=-1; b[3,1]=7
> 
> solve(A,b)
    [,1]
[1,]   20
[2,]    3
[3,]   -9

So a 2x3 would be simpler :>

> A=matrix(0, nrow=2, ncol=2)
> A[1,1]=1; A[1,2]=-2
> A[2,1]=3; A[2,2]=1
> 
> b=matrix(0, nrow=2, ncol=1)
> 
> b[1,1]=6; b[2,1]=12
> 
> solve(A,b)
          [,1]
[1,]  4.2857143
[2,] -0.8571429

star wars aftermath is the new canon i guess. :\

Just started reading it. Not much happening yet, but has some decent writing compared to Heir to the Empire

People were toppling the Emperor's statue, and in the process get gunned down by security forces... yep... that sounds about right

I'll make this one up (On my lunch break at work atm)

x-2Y=6

3x+y=12

Use Gauss Jordan Elimination Method to solve.

I don't want to. :indif:

Just finished a six day work week, with Friday and Saturday being ten plus hours long and ass-kickey Sunday with little sleep before. Stepped up to the plate. Took the hill. Etcetera.

I'm tired.

I don't want to. :indif:

Just finished a six day work week, with Friday and Saturday being ten plus hours long and ass-kickey Sunday with little sleep before. Stepped up to the plate. Took the hill. Etcetera.

I'm tired.

Me either, but that's the class.

And that sucks! We've had the expanded universe for years, and they just up and declare it non-canon. Gigantic middle finger to you Disney.

We've had the expanded universe for years, and they just up and declare it non-canon.

Maybe it's just me, but I always took the EU as what-if stories. Lucas always said that it was its own thing.

I guess the same thing applies to the sequel trilogy since they decided to discard the story Lucas provided them.

The Cubs are owned by Disney now. Do the math.

(No, not really.) :D

Day off. I've been doing high quality photos of my sword and knife collection for a few weeks now, and finished up the swords today. I only have a few knives left to do. Here are a few of my favorites...

image.jpg1_zpsckjzghjd.jpg

My really real samurai sword. It's a nihonto sword in navy officer's mounts from WW2, forged in 1944 by Kuwayama Kanetaka.

image.jpg6_zpsfu0kds7b.jpg

This is a British Rifle Brigades officer's sword. Matt, make note; I found this authentic British basket hilt sword in a pawn shop for $250. And that was a good deal, but not an unrealistic one. ;)

image.jpg2_zps42jytyoq.jpg

Very rare piso padang hilt kris knife with the original owner's name inlaid in gold on the blade, in Javanese script. The rough finish of the steel is the traditional southeast Asian way of forging the metal for a kris.

image.jpg8_zpsbud7omv3.jpg

Nineteenth century Masonic Knights Templar smallsword with scrimshawed ivory handle and brass inlaid etched blade.

image.jpg4_zps4pgzb02o.jpg

Sword bayonet for the British Martini-Henry rifle, forged by Wilkinson Sword in 1889. This blade was surplussed to Nepal as part of an arms deal meant to stem Chinese expansionism in the 1960's, and has Sanskrit issue markings on the hilt.

so this past weekend brought my girlfriend to meet my parents. it went well. however now i'm having 2nd thoughts about her. I just don't feel as into her as i was into my ex girlfriends. she's too quiet/introverted....I am going to feel like crap if i break it off with her. it's quite odd when i think i had more fun with my ex from last year...i guess i'll have to be the *******. :\ going to talk to her first though...but i dont think talking is going to do me any good. like this morning i hung out with her and she didn't really say much...i feel like i gotta program this one, not sure if i want to go through the effort of doing that...

She was a rebound gf. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

That said, that sucks. You sure you want to break it off with her?

Zoom, thats a hell of a collection right there. I have a pawn shop or two around me, I might have to go check them out this weekend. Assuming I'm not drowning in homework that is.

Archived