Home

LucasArts Posters: The Revenge

Laserschwert

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, LoneWulf79 said:

Here you have my collection of Lucas games, well pretty much (minus yours), sourced from press kits, websites, frankly I can't remember for every image. I do have other games if anyone is looking for something, but I guess that's a story for another thread.

Regards

Hello,

just a notice that I removed a link to google drive. Art will be available on my site, so check back once in a while.

Keep up the good work. Happy holidays everybody.

Edited by LoneWulf79
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, why did I never realize that there are two versions of this painting??

PGRlsvR.jpeg

full20100708144334.png

And the first one looks final enough to be used. Did they just realize they needed a narrower aspect ratio? Why repaint it, though, instead of cropping it?

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

6 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Wait, why did I never realize that there are two versions of this painting??

PGRlsvR.jpeg

full20100708144334.png

And the first one looks final enough to be used. Did they just realize they needed a narrower aspect ratio? Why repaint it, though, instead of cropping it?

I wonder if it’s a process test thing? To my eyes the top one looks fully painted, the bottom one looks like markers or water colors. Maybe the bottom one gives a good not approximation of the top one, but was quicker to produce?

The other reason might be, it’s not a crop but is a stretch - the top and bottom of the compositions are the same but one is taller. Maybe the original painting was done at “square pixel” aspect ratio and the second one was done at the true 320x200 full screen 5:4 tall pixel aspect ratio?

Those are my two theories at least 😛

7 hours ago, sanguinehearts said:

The new FMT Zak posters are a beautiful addition! Thank you for adding them, did they come from scans or some alternative source?

Oh right, haven't posted it here yet. I've added this to the project:

8nw6LnO.jpeg

For this I've used scans of both the FM Towns box and CD cover. With a bit of machine learning magic I've trained the smaller (but textless) image against the larger one, thus upscaling the smaller one to a similar level-of-detail. That and some manual touch-up and clean-up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Don't know where to ask this:
Does anyone have the box art of the back of Fate of Atlantis without all the text as well as the sides of the box?
I would like to use these as a reference for a book I am doing for personal use.

Edited by MichaelSon

@Laserschwert, are you interested in creating poster art for the Fate of Atlantis Action game at some point? Someone on Facebook shared images for an Italian Amiga magazine(K), which has some full page advert art for it.

I've asked the person who shared the images but they don't have a scanner, If you are interested then I'd be happy to try and track down a copy of the magazine to purchase and scan, or offer to pay for the original poster to have it scanned somewhere.

The images are here: 

https://ibb.co/W3fWN5T
https://ibb.co/bQSMTHs

I also found these off-brand posters, presumably part of some magazine spreads at some point. Interesting, nonetheless.

IndianaJonesAndTheFateOfAtlantis_MagPost

SUPoster123.jpg

CRPoster92.jpg

Edited by RobMegone

Posted (edited)

For completeness sake I should probably work on that one as well, no matter how ugly it is. So, if you can get me a proper scan, go for it!

Edit: Oof... one's worse than the other.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Haha 2

Wow those are incredible. I mean, they are bad! But in a fun way. It’s rare to see games get the “bizarre off-model international movie poster” treatment, but its here in spades. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks to @Scummbuddy's beautiful scans, I've finally started work on this:

full20240419122653.jpg

It looks like the one above was a preliminary version of the art, with further additions and changes painted by Purcell after the fact:

tSRSmrO.jpeg

Eventually, I'll try to offer both versions.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1