Home

If you could create a game...

Clefo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine really wouldn't be a game, except maybe to me. I'd write a music conductor program that would allow you to compose songs and figure out how they would sound. You could use any number and arrangement of instruments. That would be the ultiamte program for me to play with.

You get to command your Star Destroyers and order in TIEs tell them what formation etc. Lead them through several different campaigns and build up your rank till your in command of larger and larger fleets and your vessels get larger and larger. Also you leader accumulates stats much like an RPG which would limit the type of tactics and how good his men are in certain scenarios.

You are a leader yourself and have stats and bonuses like those below...but you also have leaders under you in other ships and they have upgradable stats just like you. And you may choose what skills to upgrade, but they will already come as a set Clase.

(Clase Examples)

Tech genius gets a tech bonus, but he also loses quantity early on...so he might be able to get TIE Interceptors while he couldn't get very many of them...

Scavenger type would have negative in tech but big scavenger bonus.

Infiltrator would have a large stealth bonus and would only be allowed to command smaller stealthier ships.

Scout would have a large reconosance bonus while also being restricted to smaller stealthier ships.

Super Fleet type would have negative bonuses in the stealth and reconosance field, but is able to have the biggest ships available.

Gambler type would be a normal leader with no positive or negative bonuses exept...he/she could get random bonuses...(i.e. +10 Carisma...+15 Discipline)

(RPG STATS EXAMPLES)

Your morale bonus(how long morale meter is)

Your Carisma which would regenerate morale.

Your Discipline which would determine how crew reacts to your orders and how fast.

Your Training Skill which determines how well crew handles orders such as hitting a target.

Your Repect determines if crew will listen to you at all...usually will start out high...but it might go up or down depending on loses you take and damage you inflict upon the enemy

Your Stealth determines chances of being detected by enemy

Your reconosance determines how well you detect enemy

Your Tech determines the tech level of ships you may use/ Side effect...if raised too fast your military may not have enough of the vehicle made to make any difference

Your Scavenger Bonus How cheap you can buy ships.

Ships and such are easily found so there is no need really discussing the ships in detail.

So what do you think???

That would be really cool, especially if you could be Rebel and Pirate also..

Here's my full (Non Star Wars) Idea:

Its loosely based on the anime Slayers

Its an RTS.. There are 3 Races:

Humans

Monsters

Dragons

Now you may be thinking "Screw Humans, gimmie some Dragons!"

But hold on! The Dragons and Monsters would be more powerful at the beginning, but the Humans get to be divirsified

You can choose 1 of 3 schools of magic to take your Human Empire Through:

White Magic (Healing, Protection)

Shaman Magic (Draws power from the Astrial Plane, Mix of Attack and Healing)

Black Magic (Draws power from various Dark Lords, Attack Magic)

Whichever School of magic you choose at a certain point in the game affects your Human Empire forever! You units, special structures ETC

What do ya think?

I would create a soldier simulation where you had 100% realistic cities with civilians, resistance fighters (in the event of a capture), etc. First person like Tribes 2. You're a soldier of the US, UK, or Chinese army, plus a few small armies that can be included (Norway, New Zealand, etc.) You will take on all the missions that ordinary soldiers take on (peacekeeping, amphibious assaults, military police, guerilla warfare, etc.). Very realistic -that is, you can for example flag down cars and when you have done so you can ask the driver if you can see his or her passport, arrest the person, confiscate his or her car or other belongings, ask her for information about directions, individual/vehicle sightings, relations to a certain person/faction/group/family, etc.

You set up your character the way you would set up characters in Dungeons and Dragons, only instead of Dwarves, Elves, etc. there are different nationalities with different adaptions (Norwegians being well adapted to the cold, dark-skinned New Zealanders being suffering less from hot places, etc.) and the skills would be stuff like Marine, Infantry, etc. instead of Rangers and Wizards. You also 'bought' weapons, armor, and equipment. Some kind of adventure game combined with an action game (and lots of combat missions and campaigns to come with it, off course).

Oh, and real-world locations, but minimize the damage the player can do to buildings, etc.

Well, Since TIE Guy took the Final Fantasy Star Wars game, which I knew he would ;) , I'd take Interplay's Baldur's Gate Engine and convert that to a Star Wars motif and universe with Star Wars RPG's rules and stats instead of AD&D (don't get me wrong, I love AD&D, but I want a true Star Wars Roleplaying video game that, unlike Galaxies, will play both single player and multiplayer! :D

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Well, Since TIE Guy took the Final Fantasy Star Wars game, which I knew he would ;) , I'd take Interplay's Baldur's Gate Engine and convert that to a Star Wars motif and universe with Star Wars RPG's rules and stats instead of AD&D (don't get me wrong, I love AD&D, but I want a true Star Wars Roleplaying video game that, unlike Galaxies, will play both single player and multiplayer! :D

So in other words, you would make KOTR?

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

You mean Knights of the Republic, right? I only know of the title, I have no idea of the premise of the game. It's like what I described? a little help here TIE, know you've got me really interested! :D

Basically, its Star Wars Baulder's Gate. It will have some changes and enhancements of course.

Archived