Home

What r ur dreams about?

Guest Jed

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jedi220

Lucid dreaming....man, I'd never be able to do that. Those dreams you described in an eariler post are creepy as hell....gave me nightmares the night I saw ur post. Are you still having those dreams? Man, that just sucks.

I have strange dreams that make no sense...often prediction dreams as well, I've predicted a few of my friend's breakups. It's actually sorta scary.

I also see people I've never met in my dreams, only in the dream. Along with that, I've dreamt of numbers, especially the number 121. I have no idea what it means. And I sorta have "life screenshots" as I like to call them. I see a image in my dreams, then I will catch myself staring into space randomly during the day and the scene I am staring at is what I saw in the dream (for example, I will wake up remembering a classroom with a math slogan in it. I go to school and the slogan is in my math teacher's room, and I catch myself seeing the exact image). Sorta like a future sight if you ask me. All of these things cause me to have deja vu frequently, especially when I meet sum1 and feel like I've seen them before or almost know things about them.

I know what ya mean. I've found myself doing the exact same thing and sometimes even saying the words that other people are about to say because I had just dreamt it. :eek:

Numbers in dreams frequently represent amounts of money or a number that your subconcious arrived at as an answer to something.

I have dreams about school lol...sounds kinda wierd, but its not...last night I hadn't finished my h/w (big assignment I was planning to do today), and I had a dream that I woke up on Monday and hadn't done it...so I was running around trying to find a place in my free lesson to finish it, and when I finally sat down, I couldn't think of what to write at all!...I get those dreams a lot, and I panic like hell lol...

Originally posted by Darklighter

I have dreams about school lol...sounds kinda wierd, but its not...last night I hadn't finished my h/w (big assignment I was planning to do today), and I had a dream that I woke up on Monday and hadn't done it...so I was running around trying to find a place in my free lesson to finish it, and when I finally sat down, I couldn't think of what to write at all!...I get those dreams a lot, and I panic like hell lol...

Wow your school one is totaly different then my cuzz mines a nightmare about when i was learning to skateboard and i kicked it up and smacked my teacher in the face... i was so funny yet i got in so much trouble thats how i always end up

Here's some other stuff that happens in my dreams.

Color reversal or a negative - The other night I had one of many of this type of dream where everything was normal, until every thing froze and the colors were ass backwards. For example, the white turned black, etc. Except for me. I could walk around, and I was ok, regular color, and I was scared ****less. Everytime I have one of these I walk around, and I come across someone that's regular, whether it be someone like my best friend or the girl I like, or some one I don't know. Most of the time, they act regular, and they have no idea what's going on either, but there's sumthin different about some of the dreams....the ppl I come across aren't themselves, almost like a different being in another's body.

Rhett, u've earned my respect with ur knowledge, so I figure u'll be able to know what this may mean.

After I wake up from a dream and confirm that it isn't real, I fall back asleep and dream the same dream, then wake up again and declare "This chit is NOT real!", then fall promptly back to sleep, where I have a deja vu dream again.

This goes on until morning.

But lately, I've been having dreamless sleeps thanks to that Lemon Tea cough medicine I take for my flu.

Did you know that dreams keep you from going insane?

Pfft. Screw that! :p They've hurt my mental health more than helped it I imagine. :D;)

As for colors, That could be due to your brain not entirely shutting down. The concious brain does not have the power to generate dream worlds like the subconcious does, so often, when your brain is still slightly active while you're asleep, it can cause your dreams to screw up. Seriously. In some people it causes them to just not see dreams well, "cloudy", and in others, I guess, they just see things as if they were through a broken t.v. Go figure. :D

That's my best guess but maybe it could even be you're subconcious trying to tell you you're not seeing something for what it really is.

That brings up a nother interesting thing about Lucid dreaming. While in this state, it gives you an incredible opperunity to speak to, well, yourself. :eek: If you ever Lucid dream, walk up to someone and ask them things. They will answer and they will answer truthfully. Ask them what they represent in your life.

On a side note, did you know the average person only has one nightmare a year? WTF? :(

Thanx for the analysis, Rhett.

You're right, and I guess I have done at least a few lucid dreams, cuz I've asked ppl questions in the dreams, gotten an answer, and then applied it to the person in real life, only they don't remember how I know something about them.

Please don't tell me the average person only has 1 nightmare a year....it you could read my age by nightmares I'd probably be older than Gandalf :D

Heh. I can't pass up these threads. My dreams are better than the movies...action, horror, conspiracy, love, it's all there in glorious colour, sound, texture...as real as real life itself, but infinitely more frightening or sensual.

I mostly remember the nightmares, and there are now too many to count. Strangely, I can also recall snippets of most of my dreams, even those I had when I was about 3 or 4 - but then, they are pretty vivid, and pretty damned scary.

I just hope one of my recent dreams isn't prophetic...

I walk out of the back door of my house to do a bit of star-gazing. Suddenly I see something flit across the sky at the periphery of my vision, and see this chunk of rock fly past. Then it's followed by a bigger chunk of rock, flaming and twisting. A couple of big meteors, and I think to myself, 'Oh God. It's finally happened. Lots of people are going to die.' So I rush in and get my wife, and pull her out into the garden to have a look...and we both look up...and see a titanic chunk of black rock lit with red fire, and it fills the whole sky. Not just because it's coming down at us, you understand...but because it's so big. We're talking something of nearly moon-sized proportions here, and it comes ploughing down into the Earth with an ear-splitting rumble. IN that instant a feeling of abject despair just washes over and through me, because I know this is the end of life. All life on Earth. Everything.

Then the scene switches so I'm looking down on the Earth from far away, and it's spinning out of control, a barren, lifeless, laval rock tumbling through space.

Of course, that's nowhere near the worst dream I've ever had, but it was so vivid, I can see the action-replay behind my eyeballs as I write it down.

A weird/sick dream I had last year started innocently enough...

I was running away from a group of people on horseback. They wanted me, badly, and I knew I couldn't let them catch me. Anyway, I ran into a canyon of some sort, down a slope and found a pool. The canyon was a dead-end, so I dive into the pool in hope of escape, and come across a man-made hole. So I get inside, and suddenly the hole closes up, and I'm stuck inside a chamber with no air. The wall before me starts to move, and slides down...then another behind it, and I figure out it's a puzzle, and I have to find the combination fast, before my air runs out. I manage to make it through, and into a huge chamber beyond that's not under water - just in time.

So I start wandering around this colossal underground chamber, and there's very little light. Soon I come across people, and they stare at me because they know I'm an outsider. Some welcome me, others don't. Anyway, I make my way through this under-realm, which is largely covered with dust, and debris of a forgotten age. I come to a place that looks lived in, with lots of doors and smaller chambers - like a city, except it's decayed.

Then people start screaming. There's something moving in the darkness, and people are running from it. I can hear it slithering, and other sounds hard to define. Someone stumbles into me and sends me sprawling, and then this thing rears up out of the darkness...pale and hideous. Someone else runs up and helps me to my feet, and the thing snatches at them with a claw-like beak. It tears them apart. So I run with the rest. I can hear the thing slithering behind me in pursuit. I duck through a door into a chamber and find a child wailing in earnest. So I pick the kid up, and continue running.

It goes on like that...people getting torn up by this horror as I'm running to escape with this kid, and a woman who hooks up with us, and then I wake up.

Weird...and here's the proof (not for the squeamish)...

My representation of the creature

Please send your straightjackets to... [address withheld] ;)

ok Rhett, could you analyze this please since I had this dream non stop for about ten years when I was younger:

I'm swinging on a swing and I'm getting higher and higher, and all of a sudden I fly off the swing and I'm flying over a town looking down on it. All of a sudden, I start falling and I can't stop. I'm getting closer and closer to the ground and just as I'm about to splat, I wake up.

I had that same dream all through my teens every night. Any ideas?

Well dreams of flying high usually reflect feelings of empowerment but you're falling at the end of your dream. Hmm... The falling could just be the phenomina I described aboce about the falling feeling. Your begining to wake up, your brain get's that weird feeling so your mind interprets it that way. "That you're falling".

While your flying in the dreams, do yo have a fear of landing or a fear of flying into something?

ok Mr Rhett, i have one for you,

when i was younger I had a recurring dream were I was hanging from a cliff and below was a very long drop and there was a huge shark waiting with it’s mouth open. The weird thing was that I wasn’t at all scared.

what do you make of that?

Seeing your own imminent death can be a way in which the unconscious mind places us on guard from some kind of danger that is developing inside of ourselves or an aspect of your life that has been burried or suppressed but now wants to resurface.

The fact that you weren't scared of it could mean that it's something that you want to happen in your life. Something that you don't think would be destabilizing for your life but perhaps the life of others around you.

I'm scared. Very.

You want scary? Jump into this head....

I passed out unintentionally, and I had a very freaky dream. I have no idea what it means, so have fun Rhett.

I'm walking alone in empty space. Yes, just white space, all around me, not sure what's up, down, or nething. All of a sudden, I'm flying through time or sumthing, and I land up in my bedroom, and it seems as though I'm awake. In the dream, I did that thing where you pinch yourself to see if ur awake or sleeping, and when I pinched myself, it HURT. I'm thrown back into that warp thing again, and I land outside of my school....alone. The school looks different....it seems....old. I look at what I'm wearing.....a black shirt, and a jacket loaded with weapons. I get a tap on the shoulder, and I turn around with a handgun in my hand, and I'm aiming at one of my friends. He has a time bomb rigged to himself, and the thing has 1 minute, 21 seconds to go (Rhett, u'll remember that ne number in my dreams ends up to be 121), and I point the gun at him, and tell him to disarm it. He won't, and why would he if you think about it, he's gonna die anyway. And so will I. I have ammo out the ass, guns that could take this guy out in one shot, yet I'm gonna die. I can't move....I seem to be paralyzed, and he sits there laughing. A hidious, screaching laugh. There's a time warp.....you see the surroundings get older, both of us get older by around 10 years, and the countdown is still around 30 seconds. The second before it's about to blow, I flinch. The bomb doesn't go off. The man before me, explodes. I sit there staring in disgust at a pile of bones, flesh, and blood. I shoot at it for posterity, and I take off. And as I turn around, I get a tap on my shoulder....I turn around to the same situation happens again. Now, as the second situation wraps up, the guts attack. I'm serious. I'm defenseless against undead ****, so I end up writhing in pain, until I wake up.

Wow.

Archived