Home

Paradoxes and Riddles too... for those who want to be pedantic

leXX

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
riddle: which being walks on 4 at morning, 2 at noon and 3 at evening?

I know Tyrion already awnsered this but how many of you guy's remember this from a Batman Episode? I'm talking about the animated one and not the the new one but the old animated version?

I do.

I was just wondering :)

:lsduel::duel:

This is a very scary story. Luckily enough, there's something wrong with it, so it can't be true. But what's wrong?

In Egypt , a man was selling carpets on a market. Business was slow, so the man got bored and fell asleep. He dreamt about the french revolution, and that he was about to be decapitated in a guillotine. Just about then his wife came to the market and saw her husband sleeping. Angered, she took one of the carpets and tapped him on his neck. (his head was bent forward) But the man thought he was being decapitated and died on the spot of a heart attack!!!!

And another one: There is a perfectly scientifical and logical answer to the old question: What was first, the chicken or the egg?

What is it?

Originally posted by cjais

A lil' bit off topic, but what do these 2 abbreviations mean:

I.E.?

E.G.?

And do english-speaking people just use them without knowing what they mean?

i.e. = id est = that is

e.g. = exempli gratia = for example

Originally posted by zworqy

This is a very scary story. Luckily enough, there's something wrong with it, so it can't be true. But what's wrong?

In Egypt , a man was selling carpets on a market. Business was slow, so the man got bored and fell asleep. He dreamt about the french revolution, and that he was about to be decapitated in a guillotine. Just about then his wife came to the market and saw her husband sleeping. Angered, she took one of the carpets and tapped him on his neck. (his head was bent forward) But the man thought he was being decapitated and died on the spot of a heart attack!!!!

And another one: There is a perfectly scientifical and logical answer to the old question: What was first, the chicken or the egg?

What is it?

1. :confused:

2. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.

Only the fool would take trouble to verify that this sentence was composed of ten a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four g's, thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five n's, twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven t's, ten u's, eight v's, eight w's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas, twenty-three apostrophes, seven hyphens, and, last but not least, a single!

1. If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?

2. What living thing has only one foot?

3. Who is your father's only son's brother's uncle's wife's daughter's brother's father's son?

Originally posted by leXX

1. If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?

3. Who is your father's only son's brother's uncle's wife's daughter's brother's father's son?

1. The match

2. Erm...guy with his left leg blown off?:D

3. No fricken clue

Originally posted by leXX

2. a dozen inch-worms?! :lol:

3. how can your father's only son have a brother?? 1 son means he has no brothers.

well.... slugs and snails only have one foot...

migits are only one foot tall....

I guess if pogo sticks were alive, they might count:)

um....

I KNOW!!! a ruler.

rulers are made from wood, wood is alive.

rulers have the same shape before being cut out of the trees.

I R WINNAR!!!:D

Easy, it's a MUSHROOM!!

And about the egg, that with the zygotes may be right, but here's the easy answer:

A long time ago, a being that was 51% lizard and 49% chicken, laid an egg. This egg evolved to a being that was 49% lizard and 51% chicken. Thus, the EGG was first since the first being cannot be classified as a chicken but the second can.

Not many seemed interested in my first riddle, but here's the answer:

If the man died instantly, how the f*** could i know what he dreamt??

BTW, what does 'pedantic' mean in this context? Usually it means that you're always cleaning your house or something, but that doesn't quite apply here...

Archived