Home

Supplement leaves candidate with blue skin

Boba Rhett

1003blueskin03-ON.jpg

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - Montana's Libertarian candidate for Senate has turned blue from drinking a silver solution that he believed would protect him from disease.

Stan Jones,a 63-year-old business consultant and part-time college instructor, said he started taking colloidal silver in 1999 for fear that Y2K disruptions might lead to a shortage of antibiotics.

He made his own concoction by electrically charging a couple of silver wires in a glass of water.

His skin began turning blue-gray a year ago.

"People ask me if it's permanent and if I'm dead," he said. "I tell them I'm practicing for Halloween."

He does not take the supplement any longer, but the skin condition, called argyria, is permanent. The condition is generally not serious.

Colloidal silver dietary supplements are marketed widely as an anti-bacterial agent or immune-system booster, but some consider it quackery.

Jones is one of three candidates seeking to unseat Democratic Sen. Max Baucus in November. The others are Republican state Sen. Mike Taylor and Green Party candidate Bob Kelleher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Look up dumb **** in the dictionary (oh yeah. It's in there). You'll find another picture of this guy. :indif:

lol tuff :D

but im sure its not permanant. if he's not taking it anymore, then it wont be constantly going into his skin. the body replenishes the layers of skin every so often. we're constantly shedding and remaking skin.

didnt you ever watch the magic school bus :D

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Right, that happens too, when the blood stops flowing through your body and it settles there.......forgot what it was called though? Any help?

This is embarrassing, I took a couple classes in forensic science too!

Blockage? I've had that in other places as well... heh heh heh... Believe me, far more embarrasing. :p

Oh man, sorry guys! I was thinking that the person who was shot was dead! They weren't, they were "just shot."

sorry to confuse everyone.....:(

I don't know if the skin turns blue like that Ty, I've either seen them dead or with too much blood to see anything else!

Teach him to play piano or organ, then he can come to all the SW conventions and pretend to be the blue alien who is on keyboards at Jabba's palace!

He just needs the beard for Papa Smurf

Oh no, Gargamel.......

Archived