Home

Favorite Cancelled TV Shows

-s/<itzo-

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My all time favorite childhood show that was cancelled was the one with Balky (in Beverly Hills Cops as Espresso man) and Larry (been in a lot of movies but nothing sticks out). Anyways Balky came from a foreign land and he kind of represented the new breed of that guy from Taxi. They each married blond/brunette flight attendents and they were the funniest thing ever.

Beavis and Butthead

Cheers

M*A*S*H

Family Guy

I thought Andy Richter Controls the Universe but I just saw a comercial for it.

Seinfeld was not technically cancelled so this cannot be on here. Can it?

Cartoon Ghostbusters.

And I actually liked some of the Beast Wars Transformers series before it became stupid. I still watch transformers because it reminds me of Saturdays laying on the couch at 7 in the morning in my underwear when I was a youning with me Daddy watching Ghostbusters on ABC and then you would see those three people (1 Female Black, 1 Male White, 1 Female White) change heads and sing, "After these messages (excahnge heads) we'll be right back." Nostalgia.

BigTeddyPaul

Do you mean actually 'axed' or shows that just came to a natural conclusion?

Anyway...I suppose these...

Babylon 5

Farscape (recently axed)

Brimstone (looked different and promising)

Dr. Who (should have been resurrected after that TV movie thingy and given a proper budget to work with - die skinflint BBC die :mad: )

M*A*S*H (in the UK we got it without the canned laughter...and it was a lot better IMO)

Mostly I miss the SF-type serials (4 or 6 part) shows that we used to get on British TV. Things like 'The Nightmare Man', 'The Mad Death', even 'The Day Of The Triffids'. They don't seem to make these any more...the last one was probably the 'Gormenghast' adaptation, which was a bit heavy on the grey cells (although not as heavy as the books). They just don't seem to be willing to plough the resources into these things on an on-going basis. :(

I don't miss the X-Files...we're still getting the last episodes in the UK, but I think it really ran it's course by the end of Season 5 anyway. Although I like Robert Patrick in it...

The problem with a lot of shows is that they run and run...but they've actually run out of ideas. :( I think a lot of shows should be limited to a 5-season run, with tighter pacing and a proper winding down to a climactic conclusion. Then you can look back and say 'That was a great show'...so when they do the re-runs in five years time, you'll sit down and watch it again.

Originally posted by Dark Warrior

Call me crazy and laugh all you want but when I was a kid I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was my favourite show. That show will remain in my heart forever regardless of what anyone says. Donatello was the coolest. I hope someone makes a teenage mutant nija turtle skin for jk2:D

Donatello!?! No fking way!

Leonardo, ALL the way!! yey....

Damn, miss that show too.... :(

Originally posted by Sivy B

michellango was the best, cowabunga!!

i heard a rumor that john woo was re-making the TMNT movie

Yup it was all about Michellangelo .

"Wise man once said never pay full price for late pizza" :D

He was cool but after him was Raphael. Those were the shows. All the cartoon shows are just plain ridicoulse.

:duel::lsduel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Yup it was all about Michellangelo .

"Wise man once said never pay full price for late pizza" :D

He was cool but after him was Raphael. Those were the shows. All the cartoon shows are just plain ridicoulse.

:duel::lsduel:

I agree, I have yet to see a cartoon that is as magical or creative as tmnt. They need to bring back the tmnt to tv. Cartoons are lost without it.

was there any need to quote the thundercats picture again??

STORMY, speaking sense as usual.. Its a shame the yanks dont get the quality programming us Brits get...

Unfortunately, we seem to be swamped with all the awful american programmes, dont get me wrong some of them are good, like cheers was and frasier is (although that is wearing thin). Then there are things like Will & Grace and Friends, which are so wooden and the jokes are so forced. They seem to be on all the time..

-W

because my PC is old and slow and my monitor is small, therefore space is at a premium. Subsequently I do not want to spend any more time scrolling than I already have to.

Especially when the original picture was right above your post, so everyone already knew what you would be talking about..

:rolleyes:

Geddit, Cana DUH?

-W

Archived