• Count Dooku
    • Desann
    • Boba Fett
    • Jango Fett
    • Jerec
    • Exar Kun
    • Bossk

Originally posted by Cjais

*Looks at poll and wonders if Boba Fett and Bossk should qualify as villains, or extras*

Hmmmmmm....

I concur, for me Boba Fett was never a "villain", he was more like a nice thing put on screen to help catching the good guys, but I never really felt like he's a villain, he's just a cool encounter for the good guys.

Vader rulz...! When he's standing in Empire Strikes Back on the carbon freeze thing and talking to Luke about Luke not being a Jedi yet... Geez, that's mighty, nothing beats that..

Exar Kun lived 4000 years before ANH, not 1000 ;)

Now... this pole... I'm torn between voting for Palpatine or Vader. I mean, the Prequels have really expanded Vader's character, given him a depth that I'd never guessed at before. Everything that Vader is comes from pain and self-loathing. He said it in Episode II: "I know I'm better than this," but he just can't help it. He falls, and all he can think is, "It's too late for me." He hates everything because he hates himself. He's an incredible villian, the picture of evil, and yet... and yet...

Palpatine is the puppetmaster. Everything that happens, he has some hand in. He's a political genius, playing one off the middle and manipulating the Senate by fear of the Sepratist Movement (which he created through his Apprentice) into giving him emergency powers which he then uses to fulfill 1000 years of Sith infiltration, destroying the Jedi and disolving the Senate. He's also manipulating Anakin, he's become a second father to Anakin, putting him at odds with his primary father-figure and teacher, Obi-Wan. Palpatine isn't overconfident in Return of the Jedi. Palpatine just knows that everything has always gone his way--why should it be any different in this situation? I think that it's the character of Palpatine who has gained the most from the Prequels.

I didn't vote... I just can't choose between them! But these two are the best villians in the history of film!

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Darth Maul. I know he wasn't the chosen one but he was one badass. He took on two Jedi at a time and was doing good at it. He did all the dirty work and wasn't araid to get dirty. His appearence itself was scary and intimadating to his opponents. He was just good in my opinion and it sucked that he was in the movies for such a short time.

:lsduel::duel:

Archived