Home

Cantina 9-The Last Hope

Deac

((I think i made ot out so that our blades are touching, pushing angenst each other, oh well.))

*Hal's blade skids across Sertmor's right skin. He hisses in pain as the blade burns him. Like-wise happens when Sertmor scrapes his blade across Hal's left arm.*

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coruscant (Somewhere in the vicinity of the vampire nest)

Gilian: The vampire population seems to be most highly concentrated in the area near one of this planet's largest libraries - I think it's called the Fel Library. Almost all the vampires here are no more than about two weeks old, and all came from this planet.

There are two separate types of vampires on this planet. One seems to be a magically evolved form of the other. The evolved type is the most common and weakest; they apparently need time for their abilities to mature. They all have a form of magic energy inside them. This is the primary breed.

The second type, the rarer, seems to be the original; they have no magic energy. They apparently reach much of their potential as they're stronger than their "cousins". They are also the most like the beings they were originally; retaining memories and even some of the personality. The primary breed all seem to have lost most memories of their previous lives.

I'm calling what I think are the originals the 'secondary breed' as the vampires I've seen of this type are only a few days old. The reason for this I don't know yet.

The primary breed seems to have a special vulnerability to silver. Both are vulnerable to wood through the heart, beheading, sunlight and fire, and, interestingly, crosses and other holy objects.

The easiest way to tell the types apart is this: the secondary type wears a demonic-looking game face when bloodlust is upon them, or they just want to make an impression. The primaries seem to have 'evolved' past that.

One last thing. Besides the plethora of baby vamps running about, I've sensed the presences of at least three very old and very powerful master vampires. Two are of the primary breed and the third is of the secondary. If I'm not mistaken they're the ones responsible for this. If we can find those three we have a much better chance at stopping all of them...

Rwos: ...Did you memorize that?

Gilian: Maybe a little.

Rwos: What about Flax and the Knights?

Gilian: I've seen them around, hunting vampires. Like the Aesir but with more technique, and, uh, less finesse. In fact I just left from observing them in the middle of fighting a whole nest of vampires. *points downwards*

*Rwos looks at Deac*

Deac: Then let's get moving. Is it true that we can more easily curb the infestation by killing these master vampires?

----------------------------------

*Beler reaches the door as conduits begin to explode. He keys the lock and the door opens. As sparks fly around the exploding lab, he looks around sadly at his pet project and the place where he has worked for the last year. He exits, and the bomb explodes behind him...*

((Red: you mixed that up. I believe i never said (or tha tthe idea i had at the time you thought was bad ^_~) that the vamp's I control are weak to begin with. they are just as powerful as yours ;) If not, your's is more powerful becuase of thier magical attributes, and mine slightly more stronger and faster.

the minus is it TAKES A LONG FRIKEN TIME (300-400yrs) before that vampire can make his first evolution. But the evolution time also varies (from 10 to about 100yrs)))

((OOS: Um. For the billionth time, mine have no magical attributes. Except Kvana (because he had them when he was human). Zero. Zip. Zilch. Yours on the other hand all have Dark Gifts, which is something you came up with, not me. So THEY have magic, mine don't. For crying out loud. How many times has this been stated both outside and inside the RPG?

I never said your vampires were "weak". I said mine started out being stronger and faster at first (before your vampires evolved - re: Mrear) because you proved that yourself in the examples of them you've shown as opposed to the one I showed. And I'm not going to weaken my vampires so yours can be the stronger all the time; I like mine the way they are. (Oh, and by the way? If your vampires are more powerful once evolved than that DOES obviously mean they were weaker to begin with. :rolleyes:)

[Note: This is NOT a hint for you to turn all your vampires into gods. So stifle the knee-jerk reactions ;P]

And by the way: what do you mean vampire half-breed? Gilian/Enelya is a vampire with a human soul. The word half-vampire isn't supposed to be taken that literally. How could you possibly get a half-breed vampire anyway? Gonna have to ignore what Vertmor said))

Coruscant

Gilian: Destroy their leaders and we take away their direction. Besides that, I want to find out exactly how they got here...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing. The invitation spell is working here too. *to Deac* That means, basically no vampire will be able to enter the home of a living being without an invitation by the owner. Of course, that won't stop them from destroying the house or anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

Rwos: Flax. Hello. I hear you've been hunting vampires.

----------

Ulna Shardes

*Starr's ship docks with the Titan. The battle outside seems to be lessening in intensity*

*Storm troopers are lined, in file, in the docking bay which Starr's ship landed in. Tojo simled. Just like Palpatine and his son. This will never change.

Two Elite Red Guard walked side by side, behind Tojo, with Tojo's command following them. Starr was walking toward them, and stops before Tojo. The Red Guard bow, and take up position beside Starr, now Emperor of the Empire.

Tojo bows, and Starr and Tojo walk toward the door that leads ouut of the hanger.*

My lord, the Seperatists are losing. The Ess Pire is under heavy fire, and lost shields a few moments ago.

*An explosion against the shields of the Titan sifted the deck plates slightly.*

Seperatist Star Destroyers have taken heavy losses, all but 5 were destroyed. They are currently on an exit vector, trying to escape the Interdictors. we should have them shortly.

Our losses are so far minimal. 4 squadrons of TIE Advances fell to Cross fire, 2 squadrons came from enemy fire. 10 Star Destroyers where destroyed due to un-orthidox tactics on the enemy side. 1 squadron of our TIE Defenders is KIA.

How do you you wish to deploy the fleet? 50% of it can leave this system, and we can still win easily.

*Flax smiles grimly.* Hello, yes, we've been hunting tracking, burning. *Gestures to the Longsword on his back.*

We've located the source of the Vampires, one of by men says that me son is even now dueling one of the head Vampires.

-----------------------------------------

*Seeing that all his comrades have finely escaped Hal halts steps back and Force jumps up a level.*

Hal: We'll finish this another time, Scurge! Time to get back and report.

Coruscant

Gilian: The source of the vampires? What do you mean?

----------

Ulna Shardes

Starr: I sense them again. Lord Cracken and Alys...but something's wrong. I think I know what it is, though...

As for the fleet...deploy it in any way you wish, so long as we win as fast as possible. I need to leave...

*Lying on his back, Kioet recovers from the explosion*

Kioet: What the hell?

*Kioet stands up and examines his suit*

voice mask: damaged

jet pack: inoperable

suit strength: currently at 25%

Kioet: It looks like this suit saved my life. Farran better still be alive to repair it.

*Kioet looks around the area, body parts are scattered and people are pinned under fallen support beams*

Kioet: I have no time for them, I must find Farran.

Kioet: my remote slave still works at least, if my suit wasn't damaged, I could make a profit by transporting some of the wounded, but it's not worth the risk.

*Kioet presses some buttons on his slave link remote, and the shuttle lifts off and Kioet guides it towards him, several medics and wounded look up*

*the shuttle flies towards Kioet and then lands a meter away from him, while those that can, move closer*

Kioet: Don't even think about it.

*Kioet raises his weapon and walks backwards up the loading ramp, until he's inside, then the ramp closes and the shuttle takes off towards that location where he met Artemis.*

*Deac turns to see Flax*

Deac: Flax! How've you been? It's been ages since we last met. What's been going on?

--------------------------------

*Beler cowers as the door opens. Inside, the lab walls remain intact, but all the equipment is destroyed. He then notices that the portal device they kept there is gone...

but the portal remains open*

*RH Irvine gets back to his Ship, while Chavo is still waiting.*

RH Irvine: "I'm sorry, something came up."

*Kur runs in.*

Kur: "Damn you run too fast!"

RH Irvine: "Come on lets go!"

*The Reaver takes off*

Flax: We know that there are three master Vampires, my son tangled with one. Although he didn't seem smart enough to fabricate all this. We think that Two are of one breed, while there is another of a second breed. One of the other two must be the ring leader. We also know that one arrived a couple of weeks before the other two.

*enroute to Artemis' place*

Kioet: What if Farran IS dead.....and Artemis suspects.....ME...? What then?

*the shuttle arrives at the destination*

Kioet: TOO LATE NOW! TIME TO LIGHT THE PLACE...just land the shuttle dammit..as fun as that would be...he might not be dead...he CAN'T be dead...

*the shuttle lowers to the ground, ramp deploys and Kioet walks down it, rail detonator in hand*

Kioet: Wonder if anybody's even home...

*Kioet walks up to the door and knocks*

*As Starr and Cracken walk to the bridge, a comm officer ran up to them, out of breath*

Comm Officer: My lord, priority message from the Ess Pire. It's Admiral is now claiming soverenty over the Seperatists, and is asking for mercy! Shall we allow the surrendur and board them?

*Tojo was about give the affirmitive, but he held his mouth. This is now in his Emperors hands*

((BD, I'm still waiting on an explanation o_O...I think I know, but 'twould be nice if you could at least say "one is forthcoming" ;)))

Ulna Shardes Space

*Starr notices what Tojo was doing*

Starr: You don't need to defer to me. Cracken is still Emperor. He isn't dead, do you hear me? All I need to do is find him...

*to the Comm officer* I would rather kill them than show mercy...but I am tired of death today. Accept their surrender and board them. The snake's head has been cut off...with the Separatist Council gone these forces are no threat.

----------

Coruscant

Gilian: *skeptically* Really...on a planet that hasn't seen vampires in, well, ever?

----------

Ulna Shardes

*Artemis' voice speaks from a comm unit on the outside of the door* Kioet! What do you want?

*The comm officer looks at Tojo, and Tojo give the nod. A tech hands Tojo a battle report, and Tojo looks at it. He smiles. The last Seperatist Star Destroyer went down in flames.*

Well, now that the Seperatist threat is gone, shall i begin deploying the fleet? We will begin rebuilding the Empire as one, now, i assume?

Where do you want to take the Titan?

(OOS: Sorry about the quality of the map, but this is the galactic territories as we have them.))

Archived