Home

God 'ol 2d Guybrush

Jaws

You know what I've been thinking of the last days ..... the old MI games , and how I loved plying them ...... It's like when I'm reading a book series , and I'm vaiting for a new book to come ou , I allways start reading the one's I got again ...... What I think someone should do , is making more of the old 2d mi games in the same style... of course in a way that it doean't ruin the plot , but runs in harmony before , or between or even after or something .. I mean with to days technology , It shouldn't take that long to make one ....

Gather a team of professional lucas arts game makers , get a group of fans and make a traditinal game or two , in the spirit of old MI 2d adventure games ....

so true, i like the old guybrush too, when i saw the latest versions of the game, he was taller and looked better then in EMI. but still i like the one in EMI . i don't know why. i guess because that was the first game of the monkey series i had played and i liked it, but lucasarts tries to make the game look better and whatever. it looks good, i have no complaints about the games, but yes, they should make another game like the first one.

I like all the Guybrushes (or is that Guybrush’s?), but for the sake of uselessness, I shall now rank them for no good reason.

• * The best – Mi2 Guybrush. Just gotta love that sexy beard.
    * Then it’s... hmmm... The EMI Guybrush I think. It’s a close one, though.
    * The original classic – SOMI Guybrush – lands in at number three.
    * Which leaves the gangly Disney-fied Threepwood at a sore last place..

If I had to choose a favorite Guybrush ...... hmm .... I guess I would have to with ........ MI2 or MI4 ..... of course I liked the rest too .... but , Guybrush from MI3 was..... how should I put it ?........ His face was too long I think .....

But you can't beat the classics .....

MI2's rougue/badass Guybrush was prime. That beard, that jacket, the moves.. he was perfect.

I happen to like the look of CMI's Guybrush, his outfit in particular. Wheras MI2 Guybrush took a more ironic approach to the character, CMI gave what, to me, was the perfect embodyment of the wussy, but witty and determined pirate look. MI1's look was similar, but CMI perfected it, in my opinion.

EMI Guybrush was lame to me, besides the costume changes.

I always liked the CMI version of the MI2 guybrush. The one on the Roller Coaster at the end.

Other than that, I like all the versions, the CMI one being maybe a little too tall and lanky, and EMI I would of preferred a different cartoon style overall. I would have like to have seen CMI style in 3D.

Here's my rank for the Guybrushes-

MI2 Guybrush- He comes in first because, well, he's just the coolest. I like the blue jacket and all that. THe only thing I don't like is how he looks so unlike the original one. But, then again, people do change over time, including characters in games and cartoons.

MI1 Guybrush gets second place. Can't beat the original!(With, of course the exception of MI2 Guybrush)

MI4 GUybrush- Third. Costume changes:lame. Choppy movements:lame. His hair is too big and his head is too much like a basketball. Too spherical. The only reason he gets semi-okay third place is because...

MI3 GUybrush sucks so badly that its not even funny. He's too tall and lanky, and he goes so slowly that I can't even stand it. He's definitely the deformed one.

As for the actual point of this thread-

I don't get what you're meaning. Are you meaning make the first two in CMI style or EMI style, or make three and four in MI1 and 2 style. Or do you mean make MI1b and 2b? What do you mean?

What I'm meaning is , to make more of the 2d adventure game genre featuring Guybrush (only a dream of course) .... Because -as I know someone will agree with me- I personally liked and like the feel of , look at , pick up, open ect. and to click where the main character should go .... So what I proposed earlier in the tread - that someone should make more MI games in the spirit of the first two MI games ... wether they be prequels or sequels or whatever that doesn't matter right now. But continue the 2d click and play, MI adventure games ...

(for more info, see earlier reply's)

Geez, well, I personally didn't care for the panel that was on-screen once it got to CMI and EMI. However, I do like the way the first two looked, which was plain and simple. However, if they did make it like that again and took away the on-screen stuff, I would like it, but it would take away part of the game, and a major one at that.

So I think they shouldn't, I really don't like digressing throughout the years, although they shouldn't do MI5 in 3D unless it's like really current unchoppy 3D, and they should do MI5 in CMI style instead, but make the atmosphere a lot more like MI1 and 2, where there are little creepy back alleys and Guybrush doesn't look like a pencil, that sort of thing.

I loved the 2D graphics. I think they add an element of SOMETHING to the game that no other type of graphics can do. I don't even know what I mean.

3D MI was different. It was too interactive. I didn't like the GRIME Engine. I preferred Point and Click, because it added an element of...DAMN, SOMETHING, to the game. I liked the simple little box at the bottom of the screen. I LIKED IT.

3Dness was too interactive. The world was too big. It wasn't as close and friendly as MI1 or 2. I can remember the whole of woodtick. I can't remember a goddamn thing about 4.

I think adventure games shouldn't have to evolve in the same way as other games. Monkey Island had revolutionary music stuff, right? They shouldn't have worried about the graphics, but about the music and the interface and the design.

I would love another MI game in MI2 style.

...I would have the characters be in 3d with a 2d filter and have all the backgounds painted in 2d. Why? 2d Backgrounds look better and 3d characters can be animated faster then 2D ones. And 3d doesn't look good with 3D unless you put a 2d filter on it.

GB from MI2 does have the best costume, but I like the design of the CMI GB because he is exagertaed. Animationwise he is a better designed character then all the other GBs. You may not prefer him because you are used to the old GB, but trust me, it is a WAY better character design then the other ones. I would modify him to look closer to the MI2 GB but not all that much. The costume GB has in MI2 is the best IMHO. I love the coat, boots, and belt cross the chest. it just says 'pirate' the best.

-Greenbeard

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by a 2D filter either. If you mean that the backgrounds were 2D while the characters/objects are 3D, you're right.

I think of a 2D filter as something like cell shading though, where the 3D graphics are rendered to look 2D (like futurama.. kind of ;)).

Yeah, when I posted that EMI had the 2d filter or whatever, I thought it meant that it was 3d people on a 2d background and stuff, but I don't know why I thought that. Cause if you did mean that, you probably would have said 2d background and other misc. things. Unless filter is a secret code word background and stuff.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived