Home

freelancer demo

Kstar__2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only complaint is the laggy menu systems and other things also...like text on the screen that will lag you in space...hope it's not like that in the retail version.....

mine was smooth sailing

The demo ends once you cross the payment levels that would level you up for the next level of your character (level 2) which is $27 000 I believe.....

i was working so hard 2 get the defender on the missouri battleship (near the norfolk shipyard) u noe (it requires a level 2 2 buy it)

I didn't experience any lagg whatsoever and I've only got a crappy 32mb Matrox Millenium!

I know what you mean about it ending too quick though. I searched for more jobs but alas there just wasn't any. :( I'm still contemplating whether to get it or not, there are just so many games I want in the next couple of months.

Heh, Blackdove, since there's multiplayer on Freelancer-

Want me to kick your ass?:D

I dont have many games coming out that I really want. KOTOR is held back(on PC, dont have XBox) on PC till fall, and the Exp. for Neverwinter Nights is held back to may. So that leaves a good 2-3 months, and I have 25$ worth of zoning points at best buy, so it's half off.

And yes,I have the money for it.

I know what you mean about it ending too quick though. I searched for more jobs but alas there just wasn't any.

well lexx, after u got a ship, enter the bar of any planet or base n click the briefcase icon (juz rite under the bar icon). those are random mission, not story 1s. after like 9 - 10 random missions, u rise 2 level 2, which ends the demo

If you want to hack the demo a bit and not have the 26,000/level 2 limit - someone has released a file that lets you do so.

Save this to your HD:

http://freelancer.portalive.com/downloads/save1d13.fl

Then open up My Documents\My Games\Freelancer Trial\Accts\SinglePlayer and place the file there. Load it in game and you will be on (can't remember the name) the planet where you end up after having completed the first mission. The limit is now 1 million :D not 26,000. You still can't progress to level 2, but still, it will give you tonnes of hour's worth of gameplay and hold you through to the final release.

Hope that helps some people, it's certainly prolonging the demo for me :)

i can tell u it's not rushed. it was announced 4 like 4 years?

Actually your wrong. It's was announced 5 years ago as Privateer 3.

I'm also convinced now that if the final is anything like the demo then yes, it has been rushed. Why you ask?

1. You can't invert the mouse control.

2. Most space sims leave an option to fly by mouse control, but primarily use joystick control. This game primarily uses mouse control but has no optional joystick control. Programming joystick into a game that already has mouse control is not difficult at all so why isn't it in here.

3. The voice overs are spliced together to give the interaction a less canned feel. This will get repetitive very quickly if it shows up in the final release.

I'm glad your so thrilled with the game, but it's a far cry from the epic Freespace battles and Independence War flight dynamics it was promised to be.

I know what I'm talking about. 3 years ago I was an associate editor for the a very poplular PC gaming site. I wrote reviews for simulation games. A year before that I worked in the media department in Austin, TX for Origin. After the split, and the creation of Digital Anvil, several of my friends worked as graphic designers there.

I'm a diehard space sim freak, and this game appears to be catering to casual gamers who enjoy space shooters. It's got the potential for greatness, but it's hanging out in average land right now.

Well, as with everything else, it's all down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

As with all games, I couldn't care less what other people think. If I dislike a game, I dislike it. If I love a game, I love it. With Freelancer, it's the latter. I think it's a great game, well above average, and one of the best, most addictive games I've played in a long while. It's worth my money, so when it comes out, I'll buy it.

End of story. ;)

Archived