LotR Quote Contest

Matt-Liell

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm guys it was my turn. :D

And wassup I was just kidding when I said I would own everyone. :D

My quote:

"That is so, but there us a third kind: pickers of bones, meddlers in other men's sorrows, carrion-fowl that grow fat on war. What aif have ou ever brought, Stormcrow? And what aid do you bring us now?"

EDIT: Oh and Sam Fisher, the answer to your quote was Hob Hayward. :D Do I get another point for that? :D

No no its like a game (no credits involved) 1 point if you get a quote right. So as of now my score is 2. This isnt credits however. :D

And my quote was

"That is so, but there us a third kind: pickers of bones, meddlers in other men's sorrows, carrion-fowl that grow fat on war. What aif have ou ever brought, Stormcrow? And what aid do you bring us now?"

Oh! I know... it was the guy with the long, impossible-to-pronounce name that no single person cares about enough to remember.

Hang on, this is about "Lord of the Rings", isn't it? Ooops... better narrow it down, or you will think I am talking about every character in the bloody thing. C'mon, people, when will you all see the light and realise that the pathetic world of what's-his-face who wrote the books is drawing you all in and making you all terribly boring?

I'm off to do something creative with my life. Have fun, losers.

Originally posted by Count Dooku 2

Oh! I know... it was the guy with the long, impossible-to-pronounce name that no single person cares about enough to remember.

Hang on, this is about "Lord of the Rings", isn't it? Ooops... better narrow it down, or you will think I am talking about every character in the bloody thing. C'mon, people, when will you all see the light and realise that the pathetic world of what's-his-face who wrote the books is drawing you all in and making you all terribly boring?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Count Dooku 2

Your non-existent point is? :eyeraise:

Damnit BTP beat me, i just checked LOTR, it was Grima Wormtongue who said that. Your turn BTP.

"Prdie and Despair!" he cried. "Didst though think that the eye of the white tower was blind? Nay, I have seen more than thou nowest, Grey Fool. For thy hope is but ignorance. Go then and labour in healing! Go forth and fight! For a little space you may triumpth on the field, for a day. But against the Power that now arises there is no victory. To this City only the first finger of its hand has yet been stretched. All the East is moving. And even now the wind of they hope cheats thee and wafts up Anduin a fleet of black sails. The West has failed. It is time for all to depart who would not be slaves."

This is a big part in the book which gives insight to Gandalf (hint it isn't Gandalf). Also, if you look at the clues in the sentences it isn't too hard to figure out who this is if you have read this once or twice.

BigTeddyPaul

"Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell."

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Umm Boba just said that ckcsaber was right...

c'mon ckcsaber I have a good quote ready that I can't post yet. :D

true, but my answer was for big teddy paul´s question ;)

Originally posted by ckcsaber

"Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell."

sam?

Frodo?

I'm right aren't I ckcsaber. ;)

this is a guess but i know ive heard that poem before. legolas?

Archived