Home

Favorite old game

Pad

so whats your favorite oldie game and why?

i just loved and still like to play dungeon keeper (when i gotte study and im locked in my room with my crappy pc i play DK to kill my time :D).

the fact you can be a bad guy who kills heroes and even can beat his own creatures has something to do with it, i think. also the ability to go in your creatures body and play kinda like a fps was well though of. so my favorite oldie: Dungeon keeper.

yours?

ps, i said "oldie", so no games after 2000 lets say. ;)

Unreal

Dark Forces

Prince of Persia

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

Age of Empires

Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time (It's an old game, just not on PC :D)

Originally posted by Darklighter

Sonic 3 (Mega-Drive...that was awesome ^_^)

Metal Gear Solid (PS)

Dark Forces (Mac)

Zelda 64 (N64)

FFVIII (PS)

My fave golden oldies:D

you captured my favorite right there

Monkey Island

A classic game and one of my favourites on my old atari. full of witty jokes and keeps your interest for ages.

Cannon Fodder

Another atari classic- made war and killing people look fun + best computer game theme tune ever!

Dark Forces

First PC game i really got into (i designed my own Dark Forces 2 until Lucasarts stole my idea!) if you havent played it and you've only played jedi knight 2 its would be a great way to find out about the games heritage :)

EDIT: reading replies i remembered Zelda 64, which has got to be one of my favourite games of all time! i found it so immersive and now i feel like i have an emotional attachment to it! :D

half those games you guys listed are not old school, Half Life?!?! COME ON!!! that was what..4 years ago gimme a break. :o anything from SNES and beyond is not old school IMO

Wolfenstein 3D

Warcraft 1

Tie Fighter (I had that on 6 floppy discs :D)

Donkey Kong

Dark Forces (best game in the series IMO)

FF 3, 4 and 5

Zelda 1 and 2

SMB 1, 2 and 3 (super mario brothers)

Excite Bike

Contra

Oregon Trail (the kind they had at school in 5th grade on the mac)

Rampage

Megaman (all the NES ones)

Skate or Die

and on and on and on....

Originally posted by XERXES

half those games you guys listed are not old school, Half Life?!?! COME ON!!! that was what..4 years ago gimme a break. :o anything from SNES and beyond is not old school IMO

Heh. This is the computer/electronics industry, not the old grannys' rocking chair industry. If something's on the market, it's old.

Edit: And, actually, Half-Life is about 5 1/3 years old.

Originally posted by Pedantic

Heh. This is the computer/electronics industry, not the old grannys' rocking chair industry. If something's on the market, it's old.

speak english that last part made absolutely no sense. I just feel bad for the new generation...that doesnt get a chance to appreciate and play some of the best video games of all time...

Aha, there's nothing like firing up an old game and taking it for a spin. :D

Just played through Dark Forces again...mostly to give some ideas to the MOD crew...but it's still a good game. Currently playing Jedi Knight again for the same reason, heh. ;)

I'm also known to fire up Eye Of The Beholder 1/2 (never really liked 3), from time to time. I'd fire up Lands Of Lore too, if it would work - hasn't played ball since I ditched my 386...oooh, a long time ago. ;) Heretic and Hexen look quite good using one of the engine ports (Doomsday, etc...), along with Doom. Tenebrae for Quake has given that game a new lease of life. I might give Betrayal at Krondor another spin...if I can get the sound to work (no sound under Wolf3D or DF either - screwy IRQ which I attribute to my current MoBo - oh well).

I've definitely been playing Thief Gold again - I only ever got to Chapter 13, and then my PC crashed and I lost my saved games...so I haven't actually finished it, and that annoys me. I like to finish a game... Apart from Daggerfall...I gave up too much of my life on that game, and never completed it.

Note to self...back up all existing saved games... :rolleyes:

Intellivision:

Burger Time

Bump N' jump

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons

B-17 Bomber

Nintendo:

Mario Brothers

Legend of Zelda

Contra

Ninja Gaiden

Legendary Wings