Home

Bush...... My President

TheHobGoblin

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Imagine if the tables were turned. Iraq being the superpower and you being the ones with a disliked president. That would suck, huh?

If. If. If. IF!

A lot of things will suck when the word IF is used! So whats your point!It would suck if a guy shot me in the leg right now.

America is doing what needs to be done. America has been trying to resolve this peacefully for a long while, but they won't cooperate.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Father Torque

ep2 you are a selfish brat , Whining and complaining, you are an inmature selfish person. , moan about YOURSELF.

War is not murder and to those of you who thin kit is, go back to pre school, because alot of you are acting like 3 year olds.

whining about how they might die. you were a whimpy selfish person.

-Father Torque

This is the 1rst time i have ever done this and hop it's the last.

father torgue I have reported you to the moderators for violation of the the 1rst rule of conduct forum:

Rules

1. You cannot, in any way, insult (or "flame") someone else on the board. People may not be insulted just because their opinion differs from your own. Flaming includes calling people names,

Thomas Jefferson said, if you are angry count to ten before you speak, if you are very angry count to 100.

Get a grip junior.

POST SCRIPT: I have an idea lets settle this with some TEAM FFA, we all know on which side we would be on.

Well Luc Solar. I am gonna say this in a nice way since you stated your opinion in a nice manner.

I'm sick and tired of people telling us that they're going out of their damn way to be nice when adressing us. Thanks a f*cking lot.

We are free to have any religion we want.

And Europe isn't? India isn't? Japan isn't? Russia isn't? Brazil isn't? Nigeria isn't?

Many other countries have that right too.

Thank you. What was your point again?

We were brave in the 1770's to stand up to a massive and outnumbering army of trained, armed, and nicely treeted soldiers.

The Spanish civil war. The French revolution. Tibet vs China. Iran vs Iraq. Scotland vs England. England vs France. Etc etc.

And i dont thin kyou realize how important these qualities are too us. We are proud of these things.

I'll ask you this: Are you implying that we, the Eurotrash, do somehow not possess these qualities? Are you implying that you have these qualities in greater amount than we?

Are you?

What about Americas great depression in 1929. People had to be brave, they had to live on the street, eat bread 1 time a day. They were dirt poor. But look at all these other countries did they help us in anyway No, they werent honorable they were the ones being arrogant, fat and dumb.

Don't talk about something you nothing about.

FYI, your country's depression dragged the rest of the world with it. Unemployment rates in Europe were as yours. Germany had it piss poor - in fact, worse than you.

We have the money, technology, military, and pride then most other countries.

Pride is not a quality in my eyes. Humility is, on the other hand.

As for your money, your country is in such a huge debt, it's only a matter of time before OPEC sees the true value of the dollar.

Your position of super power is only going to last you another 50 years. Then, show's over.

We are just like Rome was they were great for thousands of years.

Rome was "great" only because it had a huge amount of conquered territory. They took slaves wherever they went. Living in the Roman Empire, for the 80% of the poor population, was hell. Is this how you want to be remembered?

It is not our war but we play a major part in it.

Hell yes it's your war. Unless you respect the UN security council.

But I doubt that.

ep2 you are a selfish brat who thinks about 2 people who joined the army to save people unlike you who is sitting where you are. Whining and complaining to a bunch of people who think you are an inmature selfish person.

It's a bit funny, really, that a guy show his immatureness by complaining about another person's immatureness. Now, even though I don't like ep2anakin's views on guns, I will still tell you that anyone coming with personal insults, like you, are not fit for debating at this forum.

They would rather think about ohhh i may get shot in the chest, but i know im gonna die a hero and a great american.

Why the helheim is dying being a good American? If I ruled a country, I would defidently prefer the inhabitans to live...and why do you become a hero when killing others? That's what war is all about: Killing others. It's nothing glorious about it, it's just misery. War sucks.

you should be worrying about the 6.4 BILLION people who will die if this war doesnt happen.

Right...:rolleyes: ... it's not like it's the end of the world if we don't attack him, saying that is sligthly ignorant.

Think about all those family's that lost members in 9/11. They were killed by these horrible people. Who ar proud of it.

Do you know why they are proud of it? It has nothing to do with evilness, it's just because they hate USA. And after 9/11, USA has done nothing but fuelling that hate.

. Now if i were like you non-bush people, i would atleast come up with a good excuse why we shouldnt go to war instead of cheesy, random, and totally fake stories about his intellegence level.

Take your sweet time and read some of our posts, k?

Also all you people that say Jesus said Thou shalt not kill in the bible, doesnt pretain to anything about this war.

I'm not christian myself, but it's a bit funny that it's often the christians who are the first to don't give a damn about anything Jesus said.

War is not murder and to those of you who thin kit is, go back to pre school, because alot of you are acting like 3 year olds.

Can you please anwer me something? What is murder if it isn't killing others? Perhaps "murder" is another name of an English tea pot or something :rolleyes:

and to those of you who thin kit is, go back to pre school, because alot of you are acting like 3 year olds.

...says the person who can't spell and says the population in USA is 600+ million.

They are deffinrtly more strong mentally than you will ever hope to be

Does it require stong mental ability to shoot at others? I belive that the ones who doesn't are stronger mentally.

America had to fight a great war against the British army in the 1770's.

But would you have managed it without the French? Doubtfully.

Honer, Bravery, and freedom are all the qualities of America.

Bravery?? *snorts*

We were brave in the 1770's to stand up to a massive and outnumbering army of trained, armed, and nicely treeted soldiers.

With great help from the French, that is. Don't belive you fought the war alone.

And i dont thin kyou realize how important these qualities are too us. We are proud of these things. Also Bravery.

Let's see: Afraid of Saddam. Afraid of terrorists. Afraid of indians (you used to be). Afraid of loosing your freedom. Afraid of your fellow americans (that's why you have guns). Afraid of communists. The list goes on and on.

I dont know if you Euoropeans, or wherever youre from care very much. But those 2 towers were like Egypts pyrimids, Frances' Eifel Tower, Pisa Leaning tower of Pisa, Australlias Great Barrier Reef, China Great Wall, South Americas great Amazon, Canadas National Tower in Toronto. These are all important landmarks.

But most of these landmarks you mention are important historical landmarks too.

3000 fellow americans were killed how would you fell if 3000 of youre people died 1 including your best friends grandparents.

It would be sad. But two wrongs don't make one right.

What about Americas great depression in 1929. People had to be brave, they had to live on the street, eat bread 1 time a day. They were dirt poor. But look at all these other countries did they help us in anyway No, they werent honorable they were the ones being arrogant, fat and dumb

It is obvious that you don't know much about it. Europe suffered as bad as USA in this crisis, and they were already poor after WW1, especially Germany.

Then soon following Pearl Harber 2000+ are killed. We had to send soldiers into Japan. On the frontline, they knew they would die. You dont thin kthey were brave, you have a nother thing coming.

1. The attack at Pearl Harbour was a preventing strike.

2. USA never sent many soliders in Japan. They nuked two of their cities instead. Talk about brave :rolleyes:

Now all im trying to say is that other countries should stop bugging on us.

Why doesn't other countries have a right to critizise?

No offense but America is the the greatest country in the world. We have the money, technology, military, and pride then most other countries.

Have you lived in other countries? Thought not. Don't talk about the things you do not know.

you guys need to stop bugging us and try to support our decision.

Why do we have to support your decision if we belive it's wrong?

You would be of more help if you supported our and UN troops instead of whinning and groning about them dying. it was there decision to join and they know the consequinces. They chose to fight for freedom. Honor. And Liberty.

I ask you again: Why do we have to support your decision if we belive it's wrong? And they fight for death, suffering and hate anyway.

We are just like Rome was they were great for thousands of years.

Dozed off in your history classes, have yeh?

EDIT: I just saw something on the nes. Venders arent gonna sell french fries anymore, they are gonna be freedom fries. I am not bying anything french for awhile they are being p****'s.

How very childish of you. So you belive they are "p****'s" just because they do not agree with you?

Also Bush senior never did that stuff about abbandoning Iraqians. Thats just a made up rumor that you and your little friends made up to make people beleive in crap like that.

If you don't know anything about that case anyway, why are you assuming those things?

In some places in Asia they cut of your hands for eating gum, and if you litter they will cut of your ear

False.

Thats right. He doesn't try to impress people or agree to whatever they say because he doesn't want them to hate him. He does what he thinks is right and I respect him for that.

A president is a sort of representative of the people. And if he does not care about what the people say, that says only one things: He's acting on personal matters.

This is in response to those who hate America or Bush so it seems and they actually live in this country. Show some respect please. You have to admit, that guy has some balls to do what hes doing right now. He's going against the wishes of over half the world. I would bet my life that none of you could do that against such odds. So show a little respect.

The line is short between bravery and foolishness. What scares me most is that you will support him if he fails. I mean, here you got a guy who uses half his time on doing one thing. Everyone else think that thing is a real stupid thing to do, and tells him to not doing it. But he does it anyway, and everyone sees that it really was a dumb thing to do, and millions gets killed for nothing. I don't understand how you can support him then. It's not like he knows better than you or me.

This "war" has grown over the fact that Iraq may have nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction, its grown to encompass the fact that he is cruel, heartless and a dictator by all means. Do you know some of his methods for testing his regime's loyalty? He sends masked men dressed in the clothes that his enemies wear, put the man at gunpoint and ask one simple question. "Are you with us?" If by fear the guys says "Yes" thinking that its Saddam's enemies talking, they shoot him. He also has "acid drip" rooms in which slow drops of acid drop down and the person has to keep constantly moving back and forth. Soon they get tired collapse and die by acid.

Right. I completely understand. Saddam is an evil, sadistic, bug-like alien from Uranus and he is preparing the world for being invaded by evil martians, and he's eating family members for dinner and make dinner plates out of eyes of captured Kurds while he's enjoying the pain yells of the millions of people being tortured in his bedroom. And he likes to fly to USA in the night to drink the blood of small kids and afterwards he pulls all their lims off and hangs them in his throphy room in Bagdhad.

Originally posted by Vestril

You know what would be really funny? If Saddam abdicated and walked away, said 'I'm tired of this, I will let America install a new government providing it gives me amnesty for any perciveced crimes I have commited' handed over the country, and Bush said 'well ok' took his troops and left.

No, here's something that's even more funny.

What if Saddam complied and handed over every single biochemical facility, every single WMD warhead and fufilled every single paragraph of the 1441.

Now that the legal cassus belli had been negated completely - would USA still go to war?

I've a strong feeling they would, for some reason.

The trouble with being the most powerful country in the world, is that other nations tend to be critical...if Finland...for example...were in the hot seat, I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be doing much better than America.

No, probably not, but we'd still correct them. We'd still point out the flaws in their foreign policy. Don't think the rest of the world is above such criticism.

I'm sick of the argument that goes: "Oh, think of poor Bush, having the media spotlight on his face all the time." "Just because we're the superpower, everyone hates us!". "

I hate this, to put it bluntly. USA screws up, the rest of the world gets furious because your President's actions carry a lot of weight behind them. And you have a habit of making pretty bold moves, such as making shady dealings with corrupt governments and seeing phantom menaces everywhere.

Think of past dominant empire's foreign policies, have they ever been very good?

No, but you'd think such nations would learn with time. This is the 21st century after all, not the 18th.

err, freedom fries...I was thinking liberty cabbage...(which was real...)

Freedom fries is just the start. Have you heard the news about how your government is going to digging up dead soldiers in the mass burials in France, and ship them back home for a "proper military burial" as France has apparently "forgotten everything about honour in war." Next thing you know, they're going to surgically remove New Jersey from the mainland, and send the statue of Liberty (which was a present from France) back home.

This is quite possibly the worst load of horsedung I've ever heard USA sling out in my lifetime. Suddenly, France is the traitor because they're going to use their veto power in the security council. France is apparently preventing the UN from doing what it was made to do in the first place.

Bullsh*t. France has used their veto power a total of 6 times since WW2. USA has used it a whopping 70 times. 38 of those were in relation to Israel breaking several UN resolutions - all of the time it was 14 members proposing to take action against Israel's attrocities, while USA as the single member used their veto power in defiance of Israel's actions.

I can only ask: Why is it that Israel's crimes and oversteppings of UN resolutions can go unpunished, with USA actually defending them as the single UN member, while that same superpower screams "Traitor!" now, when France and Russia decides to use their veto power against this silly war. It's ridiculous, and it should appear ridiculous to anyone who knows these facts.

As for Saddam being a threat, that's pathetically unreal. We all know Saddam can't touch anything with those missiles he has. He's not going to, because the middle east is going to f*ck him sideways if he ever steps over the line again. Iraq has been left crippled since Gulf War 1. Spain or France could take him out (with losses, granted).

Now, the only thing that remains is his supposed connection to terror groups. Modern middle eastern terror cells are deeply fundementalistic. Iraq is the most secular country, even more secular than the US. Al qaeda hates Saddam's guts for his irreligious lifestyle. Lastly, to claim that Saddam is out to get you is rabidly insane - USA f*cking helped him on numerous occasions, he's asked for a debate with Bush (which he turned down) and he's disarming as we speak. As the middle east area is anything but monolithic evil, he's not going to team up with his enemies anymore than France is cooperating with Hisbola to hit "The great American enemy".

While Bush is out making war, he's turning attention away from the faltering economy in his hinterland. This war is going to attract so much media attention that only an impending big ass asteroid impact is going to everyone's eyes off of Iraq. And even then, they'll probably get equal coverage.

JM Qui-Gon Jinn would make a better U.S president then Bush ever will:D

thank god for someone saying all that.... i share a lot of your opinions but im too lazy to type all that....lol

i want to know something though.... what does Americans think of 'us' Euoropeans...?

i think some Americans kind of look down on us and think were some how not very smart just becuase we dont want war.... is that true? i know a lot of you dont have any problems with Euoropeans:) dont worry i dont mean you guys

and can someone give me a reason why to support Bush actions? i mean other then what Reborn said...

Originally posted by TheHobGoblin

First this isn't "Bash the president central!" I'm supporting him, so this is for the Bush supporters.

Okay, go make a "Bash the USA/President" thread somewhere else! This thread is for his supporters, not :sigh: people who would rather point out faults and insult the USA and Bush.

Lets get on topic!

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Lets get on topic!

Actually, this is on topic.

We're pointing out why there's no need to support your president. Unless you refute our arguments, you really have no case of supporting him, unless we're talking blind patriotism.

This thread is made for comments about why the people who support him do. Its is clearly stated in the threadstarters first post.

If you want to post stuff about why we should not support him, that is off topic. Make another thread and do it there.

The thing that I dont think people seem to care about, is the fact that probably none of us know 1/100th of the stuff Bush knows about this war and Iraq. He may not be the smartest man alive, but he's surrounded himself with an intelligent cabinet and advisors who all konw what they're doing. So maybe Iraq is actually more of a threat than any of us have been lead to believe? It's possible.

And JMQuiGon, since your country seems to be so amazingly perfect, perhaps you could use your perfection to fix my country. I would certainly appreciate it.

Originally posted by ep2 Anakin

.....many people will die, and you support that? do you have anyone close to you in the military? in the frontlines? i do, and i do NOT want this war to happen, ..... sure we'll win, but not w/o the cost of young lives.

.....our MILITARY is brave for actually putting up w/those orders, not the people who sit on their asses at home saying "LET'S GO TO WAR I'M READY!"

also, if bush is so smart and great, why is he gonna fund iraq troops for rebuilding when oil is so high and he could make prices lower for us, help out his own country or the one we just beat the hell out of, that's also one of my problems w/him

I am 27, in the Army (Airborne!), and many of my friends are already there or about to go. And I support the war, as do my friends who are there. As a soldier you accept the fact that you are putting your life on the line for the greater good, if you want to call it that. No one wants anyone to die, but we wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't to save many more lives in the future. We aren't "putting up with orders." In fact, the level of respect that soldiers have for GW as compared to clinton is amazing. And just so you know, the majority of our oil does not come from Iraq.

Originally posted by XWING5

I am 27, in the Army (Airborne!), and many of my friends are already there or about to go. And I support the war, as do my friends who are there. As a soldier you accept the fact that you are putting your life on the line for the greater good, if you want to call it that. No one wants anyone to die, but we wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't to save many more lives in the future. We aren't "putting up with orders." In fact, the level of respect that soldiers have for GW as compared to clinton is amazing. And just so you know, the majority of our oil does not come from Iraq.

Well Xwing, yes of course as an active duty soldier you must support his/her commander in chief. But those of us who are civilians are actually required to question everything our president does. If he is doing the right thing he can handle the spotlight.

But I will say this about a soldiers responsibility to his duty:

You are required to follow all orders given to you as long as they are legal. BUT, you also have a responsibility NOT to follow orders if they are illegal. If you are ordered to perform an illegal or imoral act and do it, and say well its not my fault, I was just following orders. You have failed your duty to your country, following orders has never meant blind obedience.

I hope you won't have to go but if you do I hope you and your friends can return home to your families safely, and SOON :)

Originally posted by griff38

But I will say this about a soldiers responsibility to his duty:

You are required to follow all orders given to you as long as they are legal. BUT, you also have a responsibility NOT to follow orders if they are illegal. If you are ordered to perform an illegal or imoral act and do it, and say well its not my fault, I was just following orders. You have failed your duty to your country, following orders has never meant blind obedience.

You are absolutely right, Griff, there are rules to following orders. The only thing I had an objection to was someone suggesting that we were "putting up with orders." But yes, we do indeed have a responsibility to say no if an order calls for us to do something illegal. And thanks for the best wishes. I probably won't be on a plane overseas anytime real soon, but I do wish all the best to those who are already there (I wish I could be there with them) :luke:

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Right. I completely understand. Saddam is an evil, sadistic, bug-like alien from Uranus and he is preparing the world for being invaded by evil martians, and he's eating family members for dinner and make dinner plates out of eyes of captured Kurds while he's enjoying the pain yells of the millions of people being tortured in his bedroom. And he likes to fly to USA in the night to drink the blood of small kids and afterwards he pulls all their lims off and hangs them in his throphy room in Bagdhad.

I don't understand. Do you think that Saddam is kind and loving? The things I listed about him are fully true...

Originally posted by Luc SolarAlso you might want to show some proof about these astoundingly imaginative ways of torturing people with acid (or what not) that Saddam uses.

Well stuff has been found and there was even a special about it on tv. (It was the History Channel I believe)

Just so that there's no misunderstandings:

Nobody likes Saddam. He is obviously a more or less insane tyrant.

I've heard that at they serve him a luxurious meal in every room in his palace (one of the ~170 he happens to stay in) "just in case". He naturally only eats in one room which he randomly chooses. I don't know what they do with all the 37 meals that are left over..

That alone tells that he has a screw loose. :(

The point of my earlier posts was, however, that one should not consider the stuff that the media shows "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth".

Besides, bombing the crap out of Iraq can not be justified with the argument of "Saddam is evil".

Most countries won't bomb others even though they might consider their leader dumb, scary, crazy or whatever.

I like the pressure that the world had put on Iraq. I'd love to see Saddam assassinated, even...no matter how inappropriate that might be. But that's not my choice, nor George's.

Right now Iraq needs to show new proof of destroying their missiles etc. every day. This is what everyone wanted, right? The current situation gets us closer day by day to accomplishing the goal of disarming Saddam.

...That is the goal, right? Not oil or some personal vendetta.

I don't think USA should bomb the crap out of a country simply because Saddam is a sneaky bastard who doesn't play the game of politics honourably. He is the last person who will suffer from any problems Iraq encounters. There will be meals waiting in every room in his palace not matter how badly the rest of the people are starving.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Right now Iraq needs to show new proof of destroying their missiles etc. every day. This is what everyone wanted, right?

America is looking for Chemical Weapons. The missles we just came upon, so now they are destroying those, but the US is looking for chemical weapons

Not oil or some personal vendetta

The US never got the idea that the point of this war was for oil. America has better sources for oil than Iraq. If we attack Iraq, our goal is not to get their oil. The oil is just a "spoil of war"

Originally posted by ET Warrior

The thing that I dont think people seem to care about, is the fact that probably none of us know 1/100th of the stuff Bush knows about this war and Iraq.

So you support him because you think he knows more than us? How would he be able to anyway? When one of the leading weapon inspectors says US intelligence is rubbish, you kind of lose confidence in it. And what about China, Germany, Russia and France? Why do you belive they know less than Bush?

So maybe Iraq is actually more of a threat than any of us have been lead to believe? It's possible.

Possible, but unlikely.

And JMQuiGon, since your country seems to be so amazingly perfect, perhaps you could use your perfection to fix my country.

Never said my country is perfect, because it isn't. A lot of things in politics are pretty dumb, especially FrP, wich luckily seems to get less support right now. But the reason on why I don't bash Norwegian politics is that no one here really cares about it.

America is looking for Chemical Weapons. The missles we just came upon, so now they are destroying those, but the US is looking for chemical weapons

Precisely. They are looking for them. They haven't found anything yet.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Precisely. They are looking for them. They haven't found anything yet.

:rolleyes:

We have found enough evidence to know Saddam had chemical weapons. He used them on his own people. Now when we ask him if he still has chemical weapons, he either refuses to answer or hide away.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

:rolleyes:

We have found enough evidence to know Saddam had chemical weapons.

1. How can you know they have found enough evidence?

2. If they do have enough evidence, why don't they show it to other countries?

From the UN inspections, Iraq may have stockpiled more than 600 metric tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, VX and sarin.

Where did all of this go?? It must be still there. Also from US satellites, we have confirmed that they have "mobile chemical labs". Also, why do most of their "scientists" refuse to talk, and when they do talk, we have evidence that they lied.

This all points to one thing, that Iraq has chemical weapons. They refused to cooperate, for the safety of human lives. The US MUST do something

Archived