Home

Bush...... My President

TheHobGoblin

Originally posted by obi-wan13

If you want to say something bad about AMERICA, then you are dead wrong.

When we're talking about America's actions, we're not talking about what Joe did to his lawn mower at the latest barbeque - we're talking about the nation's actions on a global scale. IE, what the government is doing.

Don't bash the country, or else you are just bashing the people that live in it.

Country and people is not the same thing.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by C'jais

When we're talking about America's actions, we're not talking about what Joe did to his lawn mower at the latest barbeque - we're talking about the nation's actions on a global scale. IE, what the government is doing.

The government is doing what it has to do.

Originally posted by C'jais

Country and people is not the same thing.

I have this thing when I see "America did soandso," or "America didn't do soandso," or "America did soandso too much," or "America didn't do soandso enough," that they are talking about the country as a whole, including the people on my block, and the people the next town over, etc. I guess it's just a stupid mindset I have, but it's just one of those things that gets my goat. But if someone is talking about government actions, please state so......I have no problem with government-bashing. If I did, I would be going against the constitution, the foundation upon which this country was made.

Imo, the people make the country. If we(the ordinary citizens) weren't here, it's just be a bunch of guys in suits running around.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

The government is doing what it has to do.

The US goverment don't have to attack him. Keep the military pressure at him and make him disarm peacfully. They have already started doing that, so I ask you: What is the point of war then?

I have this thing when I see "America did soandso," or "America didn't do soandso," or "America did soandso too much," or "America didn't do soandso enough," that they are talking about the country as a whole, including the people on my block, and the people the next town over, etc. I guess it's just a stupid mindset I have, but it's just one of those things that gets my goat. But if someone is talking about government actions, please state so......I have no problem with government-bashing. If I did, I would be going against the constitution, the foundation upon which this country was made.

It has always been so in political coherence (is that the right word to use?) that when you talk about a country, you mean their goverment. Such as "North Korea revives it's nuclear program", then you do not talk about the people, but the goverment. Or "Switzerland was neutral in WW2", then you don't talk about the people, but the goverment. Or "Norway bans smoking", you still don't talk about the people, but the goverment. So if I say that I think USA's foreign politics are pretty bad, then I do not mean, nor thinks, that each single American is pretty bad on dealing with foreign countries, I talk about the goverment.

Well I don't personally feel that I am bashing my country. I question the actions of our president, who is what this thread was about last time I checked. Sorry if I came off as being to critical. I love the USA, I will never leave, I have and will defend it again if need be, but it is also my right as a registered voter(and veteran of the United States Armed Forces) to question the actions of our president. Lately I think he is only making himself look bad in the eyes of other nations.

I wasn't talking about you Groovy. ;)

As I said, critisizing the government is different from critisizing the people in the country. You believe that Bush is doing wrong, and you supported your belief with numerous examples. You did nothing wrong. ;)

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Oh FFS!

You Americans really need to stop talking about stuff like Bravery, Honor, Freedom etc.

We all got that. Every country has the bravest most honourable soldiers. We all got "freedom".

Just please stop already. It sounds so silly.

America is a country filled with normal people. You are not more handsome, more beautiful, more talented, wiser or intelligent than the rest of the civilized world.

And if you talk about "honor", why not visit...Japan for instance and then talk about your superhuman "honor" with or without the "u".

News flash: While you bask in the glory of the greatness of your people and country, the rest of the world thinks of Americans as nothing but Arrogant, Dumb and Fat.

Don't get me wrong: that's not an insult, that is the stereotype.

EDIT: quoting ET Warrior: (hope you don't mind..)

Well Luc Solar. I am gonna say this in a nice way since you stated your opinion in a nice manner. America had to fight a great war against the British army in the 1770's. Honer, Bravery, and freedom are all the qualities of America. We have immendments, a decleration of independence, and many other freedom codes. We are free to have any religion we want. We have the right to practice any religion we see fit. Many other countries have that right too. Also look at Afghanistan before we went in there and captured Taliban soldiers. The Afghanistan people have very little freedom. We were brave in the 1770's to stand up to a massive and outnumbering army of trained, armed, and nicely treeted soldiers. We had too fight thousands of British soldiers to earn freedom. And i dont thin kyou realize how important these qualities are too us. We are proud of these things. Also Bravery. Look at the firemen and police officers and other Americans who went in and risked there lives to save INNOCENT PEOPLE from dying in a tragic and sad event. I dont know if you Euoropeans, or wherever youre from care very much. But those 2 towers were like Egypts pyrimids, Frances' Eifel Tower, Pisa Leaning tower of Pisa, Australlias Great Barrier Reef, China Great Wall, South Americas great Amazon, Canadas National Tower in Toronto. These are all important landmarks. 3000 fellow americans were killed how would you fell if 3000 of youre people died 1 including your best friends grandparents. What about Americas great depression in 1929. People had to be brave, they had to live on the street, eat bread 1 time a day. They were dirt poor. But look at all these other countries did they help us in anyway No, they werent honorable they were the ones being arrogant, fat and dumb. Then soon following Pearl Harber 2000+ are killed. We had to send soldiers into Japan. On the frontline, they knew they would die. You dont thin kthey were brave, you have a nother thing coming. Now all im trying to say is that other countries should stop bugging on us. No offense but America is the the greatest country in the world. We have the money, technology, military, and pride then most other countries. We are just like Rome was they were great for thousands of years. Why isnt it fair for america to be powerful too. And yes we can be selfish sometimes, but that doesnt mean all Americans are thick headed. you guys need to stop bugging us and try to support our decision. It is not our war but we play a major part in it. And all you non war people arent gonna change anything. You would be of more help if you supported our and UN troops instead of whinning and groning about them dying. it was there decision to join and they know the consequinces. They chose to fight for freedom. Honor. And Liberty. i dont agree with War but the only way to win sometimes is to fight, this is no time for using words because they dont work in these large circumstances. Either do peace treatys. All they would do right now is make America and the UN nations think that were on good turms, they would catch us off guard and kill innocent civilians. I love too share my opinion and i hope you will too. If you disagree with me, reply and or PM on your decision.

EDIT: I just saw something on the nes. Venders arent gonna sell french fries anymore, they are gonna be freedom fries. I am not bying anything french for awhile they are being p****'s. And one more thing war sometimes is the answer. Also Bush senior never did that stuff about abbandoning Iraqians. Thats just a made up rumor that you and your little friends made up to make people beleive in crap like that. He did not desert them. They chose to join Sadam, he chose not to have war. And yes why dont you perfect englishmen and whatnot go to Iraq or Afghanistan and read the bible. In some places in Asia they cut of your hands for eating gum, and if you litter they will cut of your ear. In America people can read a Bible anywhere they want. I mean i read the bible at school, try doing that anywhere else.

The Gulf War

Originally posted by Father Torque

Well Luc Solar. I am gonna say this in a nice way since you stated your opinion in a nice manner. America had to fight a great war against the British army in the 1770's. Honer, Bravery, and freedom are all the qualities of America. We have immendments, a decleration of independence, and many other freedom codes. We are free to have any religion we want. We have the right to practice any religion we see fit. Many other countries have that right too. Also look at Afghanistan before we went in there and captured Taliban soldiers. The Afghanistan people have very little freedom. We were brave in the 1770's to stand up to a massive and outnumbering army of trained, armed, and nicely treeted soldiers. We had too fight thousands of British soldiers to earn freedom. And i dont thin kyou realize how important these qualities are too us. We are proud of these things. Also Bravery. Look at the firemen and police officers and other Americans who went in and risked there lives to save INNOCENT PEOPLE from dying in a tragic and sad event. I dont know if you Euoropeans, or wherever youre from care very much. But those 2 towers were like Egypts pyrimids, Frances' Eifel Tower, Pisa Leaning tower of Pisa, Australlias Great Barrier Reef, China Great Wall, South Americas great Amazon, Canadas National Tower in Toronto. These are all important landmarks. 3000 fellow americans were killed how would you fell if 3000 of youre people died 1 including your best friends grandparents. What about Americas great depression in 1929. People had to be brave, they had to live on the street, eat bread 1 time a day. They were dirt poor. But look at all these other countries did they help us in anyway No, they werent honorable they were the ones being arrogant, fat and dumb. Then soon following Pearl Harber 2000+ are killed. We had to send soldiers into Japan. On the frontline, they knew they would die. You dont thin kthey were brave, you have a nother thing coming. Now all im trying to say is that other countries should stop bugging on us. No offense but America is the the greatest country in the world. We have the money, technology, military, and pride then most other countries. We are just like Rome was they were great for thousands of years. Why isnt it fair for america to be powerful too. And yes we can be selfish sometimes, but that doesnt mean all Americans are thick headed. you guys need to stop bugging us and try to support our decision. It is not our war but we play a major part in it. And all you non war people arent gonna change anything. You would be of more help if you supported our and UN troops instead of whinning and groning about them dying. it was there decision to join and they know the consequinces. They chose to fight for freedom. Honor. And Liberty. i dont agree with War but the only way to win sometimes is to fight, this is no time for using words because they dont work in these large circumstances. Either do peace treatys. All they would do right now is make America and the UN nations think that were on good turms, they would catch us off guard and kill innocent civilians. I love too share my opinion and i hope you will too. If you disagree with me, reply and or PM on your decision.

You really are right. Bravo Torque

Ok wow. :D I got here a little late but I read all the posts and heres what I have to say...

I am a firm supporter in Bush. Wanna know why? 4 words...

He is not conformist.

Thats right. He doesn't try to impress people or agree to whatever they say because he doesn't want them to hate him. He does what he thinks is right and I respect him for that. If this whole thing gets screwed up because of him... well then I say good 1 term and I hope you get a lot of Secret Service agents to guard you. If Saddam gets overthrown and Iraq becomes a democracy then there are going to be a lot of people feeling a little stupid. Definately those who didn't want him to do it in the first place.

This is in response to those who hate America or Bush so it seems and they actually live in this country. Show some respect please. You have to admit, that guy has some balls to do what hes doing right now. He's going against the wishes of over half the world. I would bet my life that none of you could do that against such odds. So show a little respect. He IS our President whether we like it or not and hes doing what a President should be doing by addressing these world issues be it the right way or not.

The US has been patiently waiting for Saddam to do something or step down or go into self-exile for around a DECADE now. As has been shown, he is NOT going to do it. This "war" has grown over the fact that Iraq may have nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction, its grown to encompass the fact that he is cruel, heartless and a dictator by all means. Do you know some of his methods for testing his regime's loyalty? He sends masked men dressed in the clothes that his enemies wear, put the man at gunpoint and ask one simple question. "Are you with us?" If by fear the guys says "Yes" thinking that its Saddam's enemies talking, they shoot him. He also has "acid drip" rooms in which slow drops of acid drop down and the person has to keep constantly moving back and forth. Soon they get tired collapse and die by acid. Sounds nice huh? And he does this to his own people. This is why he should be gone.

Just my $0.02

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Ok wow. :D I got here a little late but I read all the posts and heres what I have to say...

I am a firm supporter in Bush. Wanna know why? 4 words...

He is not conformist.

Thats right. He doesn't try to impress people or agree to whatever they say because he doesn't want them to hate him. He does what he thinks is right and I respect him for that. If this whole thing gets screwed up because of him... well then I say good 1 term and I hope you get a lot of Secret Service agents to guard you. If Saddam gets overthrown and Iraq becomes a democracy then there are going to be a lot of people feeling a little stupid. Definately those who didn't want him to do it in the first place.

This is in response to those who hate America or Bush so it seems and they actually live in this country. Show some respect please. You have to admit, that guy has some balls to do what hes doing right now. He's going against the wishes of over half the world. I would bet my life that none of you could do that against such odds. So show a little respect. He IS our President whether we like it or not and hes doing what a President should be doing by addressing these world issues be it the right way or not.

The US has been patiently waiting for Saddam to do something or step down or go into self-exile for around a DECADE now. As has been shown, he is NOT going to do it. This "war" has grown over the fact that Iraq may have nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction, its grown to encompass the fact that he is cruel, heartless and a dictator by all means. Do you know some of his methods for testing his regime's loyalty? He sends masked men dressed in the clothes that his enemies wear, put the man at gunpoint and ask one simple question. "Are you with us?" If by fear the guys says "Yes" thinking that its Saddam's enemies talking, they shoot him. He also has "acid drip" rooms in which slow drops of acid drop down and the person has to keep constantly moving back and forth. Soon they get tired collapse and die by acid. Sounds nice huh? And he does this to his own people. This is why he should be gone.

Just my $0.02

Greatly said Reborn. Me you ckc obi and otherr bush supporters should form the LF Bush supporters club. yeah:D . What do you think:p

Originally posted by {BK}SupremePain

LMAO:eek: you think America is a rich country? i dont have any problem with Americans but i do with the american system... and as for Bush: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, his father made the people of Iraq rebel againts Saddam, he promised to back them up, but what did he do? he bailed on them and Saddam Hussein slaugthered them for betraying him, Bush is in my opinion not fit as a president at all... i agree with that Saddam needs to be stopped but launching a war is not the awnser, WAR IS NEVER THE AWNSER.... many innocent civilience will die, i am proud of Germany and France and other countrys that says no to help Bush out in the war, my own country (Denmark) supports Bush in the war

YYYEEEHHAAA!!! You go, my brother man! About half of the Citizens of the United States are not informed enough to know about that event or ignore, justify or explain it away.

You see, we citizens of the United States can live in an incredible life with very little effort . The United States is a great place to live and raise a family for most of us. There are so many countless pursuits and endless opportunities of all kinds that it becomes easy to ignore your responsibility to your fellow humans. I know people watch tv and movies all over the world but I think people who has never been to the United States have no concept of how many hours most of us spend in front of the tv. I won't even go into computers and other related technology.

But back to the point I want to make about United States, there are many here who think that somehow we are different, unique, unusually powerful, somehow having more "honor" than people of other nations. They see only the good about ourselves and ignore anyone that might dare for a microsecond say that we are normal like everyone else and may actually do something wrong.

The United States is a Neo-Rome. You can be a stalwart religious zelot, you can become a filthy rich billionare, you can be a decadent no taboo restricted hedonist that would make the Sodomites & Gommorahns blush. But unless you want to, you never have to become adult enough to treat your fellow human being with 10 % of the respect you demand from them.

And for anyone who is about to suggest AGAIN that I should love it or leave it, I'm not going anywhere; I'm staying here and trying to convince you to be fair to EVERYBODY not just "us".

I'm really tired of people complaining how the US involves itself in other countries affairs when it should keep to itself, and then those SAME people argue that it doesn't matter if it's American lives or Iraqi lives, we're all the same thing.

You're contradicting yourself. If the country you're from doesn't matter, then why does it matter if US tries to help out other oppressed people from getting taken over? Wouldn't it make more sense for the US to get MORE involved in other countries? In an effort to unite the entire world? Or perhaps we should just NOT do anything in other countries EVER, and then everyone can bitch about how the US is so self centered they never leave their own borders :rolleyes:

hey rhett, let me shoot two of your best friends cuz some old guy says so, sounds cool to me.........well, maybe not huh. hobgoblin was calling everyone who doesn't want to go to war crybabies, lets send his teenage ass over there to get shot at, i gurantee he'll change his mind real quick. that's what i'm saying, maybe i shoulda worded it so it was more understandable to what i was saying. but the message is still the same, if you think everyone who opposes war is a crybaby, let me shoot you in the chest and see how bad YOU cry for family, friends, and forgiveness as you slowly accept your unavoidable death, sound good to you? come to wyoming and i'll make it happen. everyone i've talked to does NOT want to go to war and does NOT like bush, this is just redneck wyoming though, we don't matter, oh well, it's just no use trying to explain ANYTHING to the ignorant, i said i would leave, but i just had to come back and keep this debate going cuz it tore at me all day, until you realize that war is the worst thing ever this thread will go on forever and i will start new ones if needed, most everybody here has NOBODY involved in the military, that's why your opinions are different from us who do. you're so ready to send others to their deaths just so you can enjoy low gas prices and "safety" from the "evil" in the world, maybe you should think about EVERYONE instead of just yourselves, sad is what you are

i don't care if my post was "mature" or not, it's what i felt and what i felt people like hobgoblin should do, enjoy editing this one too, if you're gonna

You know what's hilarious?

How everybody complains about how much scrutiny Clinton came under for the BJ thing....yet nobody complains about how his horrible mis-management of this country hasn't been scrutinized.

And somebody tell me why Bush is an "illegal" president :rolleyes:

And need we remind you that your friends KNOWINGLY, and INTENTIONALLY joined the military? I mean, service is not forced. I'm not joining the army, and nothing bad will happen to me because of it. Hmmm, military, as defined by dictionary.com..

1. Of or pertaining to soldiers, to arms, or to war; belonging to, engaged in, or appropriate to, the affairs of war;

Joining the military means that you have chosen to take part in wars which happen. It's a sad thing, and NOBODY WANTS IT. But sometimes it does happen, and anyone who has the courage and abilities to join the armed services has earned my instant respect. I have family who has been to war. I know it's not pretty. I know people who are in the military, I pray for them. But they joined the military for a reason, and that reason is to protect the free peoples of the world. And now they are being called upon to fulfill that duty. Saddam Hussein, while perhaps not an immediate threat to the world, and certainly not to America at the moment, is still an evil man (even though some say evil doesn't exist) and what he does is wrong and cruel and needs to be stopped. As the most powerful nation in the world I feel it is our duty to stand up and say "enough. you are finished with your evil acts and you will stop, NOW."

maybe you should think about EVERYONE instead of just yourselves, sad is what you are

Maybe you should think about EVERYONE instead of just your friends in the military, selfish is what you are. Saddam Hussein, I believe, would not hesitate to kill MILLIONS to achieve his goals. And those brave people in our military are going, maybe to give their lives, to protect those innocent millions. They will suffer, so others won't have to. And I salute them.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

The US goverment don't have to attack him. Keep the military pressure at him and make him disarm peacfully.

We've had pressure on him for a decade. After so long of the threat of military, and we never actually do anything military, he's going to realize it's just a bluff. "No, really, we're gonna attack this time if you don't disarm...no, we MEAN it this time...we're not kidding!!!!!" Saddam called our bluff....and now it seems we're going to show him that we were holding a royal flush all along.

(sorry for the poker analogies....i was watching maverick)

Ok...wow, a lot of hot feelings going around...

You know what would be really funny? If Saddam abdicated and walked away, said 'I'm tired of this, I will let America install a new government providing it gives me amnesty for any perciveced crimes I have commited' handed over the country, and Bush said 'well ok' took his troops and left.

France and Germany would feel pretty stupid :p. It won't happen, for a lot of reasons, but I was amusing myself thinking about it. Suddenly all around the world Bush's public status would go from 'warmongering hick' to 'visionary peacemaker.'

To the people who have problem with America and Americans...America is the Empire of it's day (not in the SW sense...though some may think so :p) it is the most powerful country in the world. This isn't arrogance, I don't think? In the past this title has been held by other countries, England, France, The Roman Empire, are a few examples. These countries all have a common theme, they were filled with arrogant people. They were filled with arrogant people because they were the most powerful countries in the world. Is America the BEST country in the world, obviously not, that is CLEARLY Canada ;).

The trouble with being the most powerful country in the world, is that other nations tend to be critical...if Finland...for example...were in the hot seat, I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be doing much better than America. Think of past dominant empire's foreign policies, have they ever been very good? Why not? Possibly because they could get away with bad foreign policy?...

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, is the saying, and I think a lot of power corrupts a lot, as is the case in the US. It's a basically decent country turned askew with the power it holds. Let's face it, if America wants to go to war with Iraq, who is going to stop it? :(

That is why I don't really think that protests and whatnot are particualy constructive, Bush is going to finish his dads war one way or another, so we may as well hold on and hope for the best. And hopefully no one will ever correct me in a McDonalds when I ask for french fries...I envision the scenario thusly:

"...and I'd like french fries with that."

"Actually sir, they're known as liberty fries."

"Wha...."

"French fries are unpatriotic...they're for losers."

*beats clerk with convieniently placed stick*

seriosuly...liberty fries...oi vay...

//edit

err, freedom fries...I was thinking liberty cabbage...(which was real...)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

And need we remind you that your friends KNOWINGLY, and INTENTIONALLY joined the military? I mean, service is not forced. I'm not joining the army, and nothing bad will happen to me because of it. Hmmm, military, as defined by dictionary.com..

Joining the military means that you have chosen to take part in wars which happen. It's a sad thing, and NOBODY WANTS IT. But sometimes it does happen, and anyone who has the courage and abilities to join the armed services has earned my instant respect. I have family who has been to war. I know it's not pretty. I know people who are in the military, I pray for them. But they joined the military for a reason, and that reason is to protect the free peoples of the world. And now they are being called upon to fulfill that duty. Saddam Hussein, while perhaps not an immediate threat to the world, and certainly not to America at the moment, is still an evil man (even though some say evil doesn't exist) and what he does is wrong and cruel and needs to be stopped. As the most powerful nation in the world I feel it is our duty to stand up and say "enough. you are finished with your evil acts and you will stop, NOW."

Maybe you should think about EVERYONE instead of just your friends in the military, selfish is what you are. Saddam Hussein, I believe, would not hesitate to kill MILLIONS to achieve his goals. And those brave people in our military are going, maybe to give their lives, to protect those innocent millions. They will suffer, so others won't have to. And I salute them.

Ya as i said early and you re-quoted. ep2 you are a selfish brat who thinks about 2 people who joined the army to save people unlike you who is sitting where you are. Whining and complaining to a bunch of people who think you are an inmature selfish person. Your opinion isnt even fun to argue about. Why do you thin kthey joined the army ep. Maybe they would rather die for our country instead of moan about YOURSELF. They would rather think about ohhh i may get shot in the chest, but i know im gonna die a hero and a great american. They would rather save 6.4 BILLION people. And wh yare you wuurying about 2. you should be worrying about the 6.4 BILLION people who will die if this war doesnt happen. You got to reach beyond your own world and think about others. Think about all those family's that lost members in 9/11. They were killed by these horrible people. Who ar proud of it. Imagine what they will do next if we dont rid of them. Now if i were like you non-bush people, i would atleast come up with a good excuse why we shouldnt go to war instead of cheesy, random, and totally fake stories about his intellegence level. Also all you people that say Jesus said Thou shalt not kill in the bible, doesnt pretain to anything about this war. It is completely different. War is not murder and to those of you who thin kit is, go back to pre school, because alot of you are acting like 3 year olds. Face up to it, nothing is changing his opinion and nothing will. So why dont you support your friends and send them letters instead of whining about how they might die. If they saw you writing this stuff they would think you were a whimpy selfish person. If they think war is so bad, tell them to resign. Dont make decisions for them. They are deffinrtly more strong mentally than you will ever hope to be

-Father Torque

I tried to read the earlier posts but there was simply too much ranting and I'm in a hurry anyways, so I'll just say this:

Did you know that when North Korea's president Kim Jong-il went to play golf for the first time in his life, he succeeded in hitting ELEVEN CONSECUTIVE HOLE-IN-ONES!

Think about that for a moment. Eleven. And it was his first time on the green too! :rolleyes:

Seriously: that is a true story. Ask any North Korean.

Also you might want to show some proof about these astoundingly imaginative ways of torturing people with acid (or what not) that Saddam uses.

I bet every Iraqi citizen can top that with stories of dear Mr. Bush.

Did you know Bush sleeps with pythons to which he feeds a little muslim boy every morning? Yeah, it's true. :rolleyes:

You think the US media tells you things exactly how they really happened? Naturally Saddam uses the same method; every single bomb you drop in Iraq hits nothing but innocent women & children.

Imagine if the tables were turned. Iraq being the superpower and you being the ones with a disliked president. That would suck, huh?

Archived