Home

Non-LEC Adventures

SamNMax

For about four years I've been replaying all of my Lucasarts adventure games, and I've been getting really board with them. I'm looking for some adventures from different companys. Can anybody make suggestions? The only Adventure games I have from different companys are The 7th Guest, Simon the Sorcerer 1 (Which I've given up trying to fix :( ), The Last Express, and the Longest Journey.

Originally posted by SamNMax

Is the Patch for Windows 98?

"From here you can download the new game drivers for Simon the Sorcerer 1 (Windows 95 or 98). This patch fixes compatibility problems with Windows Me, 2000 and XP. If you have a different problem, see the support pages."

Er, so yeah I guess it is. It's definitely worth a try anyway.

I can't play Twinsen's Odessy since I never played Reletless. I just got Broken Sword, and Toonstruck SUCKS!

Also, I would really like people to focus on my Simon problem (The patch didn't work). installed it and all, but when I typ "SIMON" in DOS mode, it says, "CDR101 NOT READY READING DRIVE D."

I think it's because I don't have enough space on my D drive. What can I do to get more space besides uninstalling other games?

Originally posted by SamNMax

...it says, "CDR101 NOT READY READING DRIVE D."

I think it's because I don't have enough space on my D drive. What can I do to get more space besides uninstalling other games?

Drive D is your CD drive, right?

YES:

a) you can't delete from it

b) be sure to load the DOS drivers when you access from DOS mode

NO:

Did you copy the original CD onto your hard disc?

YES:

Re-install the game or re-assign the drive letter to your CD-ROM in a configuration file.

NO, I downloaded the game:

You little ****er. Go buy the ****ing game.

I just think the games f***ked up. When ever I reinstall it, and choose the drive I want it to run on, it says that NONE of the drive have enough MB for the game to run. That's not right, because I millions of free space von drive C. But when I hit "retry"

It just keeps on installing.

Oh, how could I forget Little Big Adventure 2?? The all time joint best game ever!! I played it before I played LBA 1, which was a good thing cos LBA 1 wasn't particularly amazing, and is entirely isometric. I think the whole things an aquired taste though, I love that whole French madness scene - like the french movies, this game is slightly out of mainstream - but in a good way, non?

i played the first LBA game whatever it was called here in the US... i liked it a lot... thats an adventure game?

anyway, even though I haven't played them yet I'd recommend the Broken Sword games and Beneath a Steel Sky among others... I really want to play them and they've come highly recommended from quite a lot of people, including most people in this thread :) I'm being redundant so its time to shut up.

Broken Sword 1 is about 4 or 5 times better than Broken Sword 2, and Broken Sword 2 is equally as good as Fate of Atlantis, and better than Day of the Tentacle, just nowhere near as funny.

LBA is an adventure - you have an inventory, and you have to solve puzzles. In that respect its like an RPG, but the fight system is better, so I class it as an adventure.

I've only tried the norwegian version of TLJ. Terrible voice acting. It's really awful. But the story was amazing. And all the dialogue was extremely well written. Ragnar Tørnquist is a talented writer. I hope the sequel will be just as great. And I'm gonna buy the English one this time. :D

Archived