Home

A Dark Day...

Gaalgoth

Hey guys, it's been a long time. Recently I've been extremely busy as I've taken up Aikido and at the same time have been involved in a play and studying for finals AND working. Unfortunatly, it doesn't look like my load is going to get any lighter this summer. My assistant director is moving to Nashville and is teaching some classes in the area and wants me to come up there and help him get started this summer, and when I'm not up there I've still got my job at a pizza place and my Aikido. What it all boils down to is this: I am not going to have time for the PA. This doesn't mean that I won't be playing Galaxies, when I have time I will be working it into my schedule, but I won't have the ability to play god with you all. I'm not sure who my replacement is going to be yet, I'm leaning towards Jan as a replacement but that is under discussion. It's not that I want to leave you guys, but I don't feel like it would be right for me to hold such a powerful role when I will do as little as I probably will be able to do. As it is I feel like the fairest thing that I can do is become an associate of the Associates, a guest of honor if you will, and play with you all when I can. I don't know if I will stay an "official" member, I'm going to wait and see how much or little I play before I make that kind of a decision. I'll try and be on the board a little more often now, but for now I wish you all good luck and may the Associates prosper.

Now now jack, I didn't say I wasn't going into the galaxy. I just said that I wasn't going to be your leader anymore. I'll be playing the game for damn sure, and will undoubtedly stop by the town time and again to check up with you guys and probably even group up with some of you. Hey, on the bright side I guess being a loner will go along more with my RPing.....

so is helmet gonna be the new leader or set maybe ....

how about this

why dont you all just have joint leadership if you know what i mean. say wraith,jan,set,helmet and galgooth just have equal positions i mean thats kinda what its like allready and it would save the fuss of selecting a new leader and all the hibedy wibbedy jibedy shwibedy

Personally, I think it has already worked great with all the leaders having a rather same level of 'power'. The reason it works is because the leaders are reasonable and decent and good and thoughtful and compassionate. Don't think anything else!

But seriously, yes, I see little need in having one person being elevated to the role of 'absolute leader'. I think what's great thus far is the fact that we work as a very flat organization. Let's leave rigid, stale hierarchic structures to Darth_Sidious, while we build a PA where the PA is made by the members, for the members. ;)

I am sorry to see you go Gaalgoth, you probally don't know me but i am a new member to the =A=. I was in your group as well as a bounty hunter. :)

Hope we will see you in Galaxies now and then, and can't wait to chat to you more formally, For now this is bye from ReAPer.

;)

Thanks for the support you guys, it really means alot. As it turns out I'm not going to be doing the Aikido, but I still have a lot on my plate. I'm not sure as to what's going to end up happening this summer, but if the game keeps getting pushed back i may not be in as much of a jam as I thought I was going to be in.

Archived