Home

Auto-censorship?

Why do we need this?

It's so easy to bypass for the ones who're interested in cursing, and as such it only ends up hurting people who want to write cockpit, cockroach and the male equivalent of a hen.

Why?

The forums are rated PG. We can't have people screamin the F word around, because some kids might get in trouble. I do agree they should take "the male version of a hen" of the censor list. I mean, its 2003, not many people even use that word describing a part of the male body. :p

Originally posted by ZBomber

The forums are rated PG. We can't have people screamin the F word around, because some kids might get in trouble.

But they can. Observe as I skillfully bypass the auto-censor:

F*ck. F.uck. Fvck. Fucl<.

Sh/t. Sh|t. Sh*t.

Sh/tfaced motherfuicker. See? Everyone does this.

Furthermore, everyone knows exactly what the **** means. Figuring out the context isn't that hard. So, do we just have this thing installed to please a few zealous mothers?

I do agree they should take "the male version of a hen" of the censor list. I mean, its 2003, not many people even use that word describing a part of the male body. :p

It's no longer in to say c0ck? Choke on my fvck then, asshat.

I am, of course, just kiddin' with regards to the profanity in this post.

befoer i joined the forums if i was playing Counter Strike id be the one swearing non stop, these did encourage me not to swear. I dont see why youd wanna put Cockpit anyways when you just bypass words like thet by butting a dot or something

IMO Anyone who goes that extra route to get around the censors is asking to be banned(or warned at least). It's not as if it's a lock down(as you pointed out). It's more like the first time you try and post profanity and get the *****s you know it's against forum rules to post such words.

Now, if that person goes back and edits their post to get around the censors then they are definitely trying to break a rule that you absolutely know exists.

There is absolutely no reason for profanity to be on these boards.

But it is weird to get regular words edited because they have parts of the words in them.

There's actually an easy way to just blow right past the filter and say exactly what you want without resorting to numbers, periods, whatever. That's much more in need of fixing, since obviously we can't trust people to sound literate by making sure that if they're swearing that they're using it only as a tactful intensifier.

There's actually an easy way to just blow right past the filter and say exactly what you want without resorting to numbers, periods, whatever. That's much more in need of fixing, since obviously we can't trust people to sound literate by making sure that if they're swearing that they're using it only as a tactful intensifier.

Originally posted by mercatfat

Yeah, for instance, bold or numbered words.

Take for instance..

I'll use c.ock.

cock.

cock.

cock

cock.

cock.

see?

Yes, because if young people hear swear-language, who knows what horrible things will happen throughout the world. I hear Hitler was only the way he was because he was cussed at at an early age.

Don't you have to be 13 to register anyway? Or you could be devious and simply pretend to be 13. But, I suppose if you're that devious, you probably know lots of naughty words anyway.

Archived