Home

did you like the lucasarts trailer.

JEDI OUTCAST

Jedi Academy Trailer  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi Academy Trailer

• Trailer rocked.
    • Trailer sucked.

it was to short and too fast. Now the Armed and Dangerous trailer, that looks good. I'm glad to see Lucasarts go back to it's old school humor. (The Monkey Island 4 demo was so resident evil like that I didn't bother to get the game *wipes away tear*)

I haven't even seen the JO trailer.. heck, I didn't even know the game was being made untill I saw a link to the official site where I downloaded the demo, some time after I had finnished the demo like a million times I bought it. :D

Now, to the JA trailer.. I liked it, I just think all went by too fast, other than that, it was great. :D

The trailer was good, but not great. Firstly, it was quite dark, so it was sometimes hard to see what was going on. Secondly...it was not very smooth, and I think there were a lot of dropped frames, which made some of the animation appear a bit jerky.

So I'm not going to judge the game by the trailer. As others have said, the JO trailer at the time did not really reflect the quality of the game itself in motion, and the same is true here.

Having said all that, I liked the new stuff that I saw, and I can't wait to get my sweaty mitts on it...

You took the words right out of my mouth, Stormy :D

I don't dislike the trailer for being a bit too fast, but mostly because I was expecting it to be like that since JO's trailer was... It could've done with being a bit brighter though, but there was a nice mix of things in there... I just hope they release a higher-res, higher quality, and longer trailer soon so we can see more of the glory of JA :D

I wonder which PC mag will get an exclusive first this time around...

I enjoyed the trailer, but it did not blow me away.....of course that was pretty good considering it was the first trailer. There is still much to be done with the game, so I'm going to be patient. I'm sure the next one will be incredible. :)

Some games is better on trailers, and some on words, this one is better on words.

KOTOR, for example, got great trailers. :bdroid1:

Well, it's gonna be a great game too. :)

The JA trailer focused too much on the sabers.

I liked the tauntaun parts.

Overall, I've seen beter. :bounfire:

Originally posted by PrimoSidone

Lets just hope the next trailer will be better

Of course it will be, there work is still in progress. I remember the first KOTOR trailer - it was ok at best, but I knew there would be improvements. Which leads me to the third and latest Knights trailer which was incredible. My point is, there is lots of time.....I'm sure you will see improvements in their next trailer. :)

The trailer was good but there was one thing that kept it from being great. The guy playing the game was all over the place. he had absolutely no skill whatsoever, slicing and dicing like a bitch. Had it been more controlled, it would have been awesome.... But still it showed the game and what's in store for us. and for that i know it will be even better than outcast.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

The trailer was good but there was one thing that kept it from being great. The guy playing the game was all over the place. he had absolutely no skill whatsoever, slicing and dicing like a bitch. Had it been more controlled, it would have been awesome.... But still it showed the game and what's in store for us. and for that i know it will be even better than outcast.

It's meant to show what the game has to offer, not to show of saber skill. :D Take the Rebel Strike trailer, the guy playing was propably just holding down the green A button (shooting all the time). :D

I haven't seen the rebel strike trailer yet. But really if you want to show what a game has to offer at least make it look like you know what you're doing. But in all honesty, anyone in these forums who doesn't know what JA has to offer has obviously not played outcast. I just think a presentation that would show a controlled saber duel between you and the enemy instead of running around like a headless chicken slicing and dicing would be a lot more attractive to prospective gamers. But i don't work in the marketing department at lucasarts so i probably don't have a clue as to what i'm talking about... wouldn't be the first time either. But either way ithis is all pretty moot as this game will sell well. You'll buy it, I'll buy it, everyone's gonna buy it.

I don't think it rocked, but don't think it sucked either. Personally I don't think, that we get very much information about the game. And when the official page don't grant us much info either...

Couldn't some mod make two choices more? Like: It was okay and I didn't like it that much.

Archived