Home

Possible Spoilage - Enter the Matrix - Hacking discussion

BCanr2d2

i believe the picture that was posted was done by renaming the neo model

i.e

first, BACKUP all the files for ghost and niobe in the actors folder

then use Neo.dcx to replace all the Ghost***.dcx by renaming Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume04.dcx etc.

but i hope there is a way of getting him through the hack.

and as soon as i find it i will post it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sivy B

i.e

then use Neo.dcx to replace all the Ghost***.dcx by renaming Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume04.dcx etc.

have you tried the method you described above? or are there anyone here have tried it?

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

Ok people, here is a full hacking guide here. :)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/enter_the_matric_hacking.txt

LOL! That was what I posted just 2 threads above yours :evil6:

Originally posted by Sivy B

i.e

ok, i've renamed most of niobe.dcx to that of trinity_zen.dcx and it actually works!! that includes the cut-scenes(not fmv ones).

now gonna change ghost to that of Neo...

I also wonder what happen if I replace Niobe to that of Neo...

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

so is it safe to assume that ReApEr is full of crap?

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

oh and just a bit of info. NEO is a playable character, and he kicks behinds.

Well, since he told us that, but has apparently been unable to tell us how........I would say yes, he was just full of it.

Luke! Help you're our only hope!

I tried the Neo thing, didn't work,

I tried the Trinity thing and it still crashed. You said you changed MOST of the files, which ones exacly?

Thanks!

-Edit

Ok, I Was rushing to show you so the pic I took isn't that good but LOOK! (excuse the low health I was on hard and kept looking for a decent shot, I didnt get one :p)

Lostsneo.jpg

Ok, as soon as someone notices this I will tell them. Promise, none of this FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT crap that Reaper talks of.

Gtg for lunch now, bye!

Have now completed both storylines (STILL love the deadpan expression of Ghost at the end when he say 'Well, atleats thats something to look forward too!')

Have the sword.

NAILED the training missions (28 on test 4)

NO Neo.

I hate to question Reaper, as has never soon an ******* side, but I thnk I have to submit to the will of the masses here!

Repear, unless you can prove you, your obviously full of it!

Although if you have atleast changed the model, its a start of a mod! (But I thought you were on X-Box like me...)

BOOM! AND HERE IT IS PC FANS (Sorry to you console owners :()

ok, open up the game folder, and open up the 'actors' folder, make a backup

Then!

If you want to play as Neo then find a file named something like

Ghost_Costume_e01.dcx and Then copy the file name. Delete the last number so you don't come up with any errors then find the Neo.dcx and rename it Ghost_Costume_eo1.dcx

Sadly this doesn't work across all levels, only the one where he wears that costume, so you'll have to find out yourself. Try other costume names for different levels.

I assume this works with Niobe, and also works with every other character .dcx

Enjoy!

I know y'all love me, :p

I think I'll play as Agent Smith now...te he

Oh and Reaper, thanks for wasting our valuble time :p

Sorry, I don't like holding grudges so *throws grudge out the window* :p keep on trying to find a was on console versions

oh and Nova, 93 on test 4 :p

The trick is, stand near an edge, no focus, and just make sure the enemys are on the sides, left is better. And whatever side they are on, hold that direction and throw (works for behind aswell)

Just try not to slip :p

Look guys:

LostSparks.jpg

I've decided to make you all some Mods for the game. If you want. Because I was thinking and got around the only having one neo skin at a time. I can make a series of mods so you can choose the character you want to play as, I'll even make a backup so you can replace all the edited files if you want to go back to the original. :D

Originally posted by Lost Welshman

Luke! Help you're our only hope!

I tried the Neo thing, didn't work,

I tried the Trinity thing and it still crashed. You said you changed MOST of the files, which ones exacly?

Thanks!

-Edit

Ok, I Was rushing to show you so the pic I took isn't that good but LOOK! (excuse the low health I was on hard and kept looking for a decent shot, I didnt get one :p)

Lostsneo.jpg

Ok, as soon as someone notices this I will tell them. Promise, none of this FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT crap that Reaper talks of.

Gtg for lunch now, bye!

wow! nice one Welshman. As for using Trinity, use Trinity_Zen.dcx to rename Niobe's files, except those with cellphone and thermal.dcx. You should be able to do it .

If you want to play as Neo then find a file named something like Ghost_Costume_e01.dcx and Then copy the file name. Delete the last number so you don't come up with any errors then find the Neo.dcx and rename it Ghost_Costume_eo1.dcx

Cool! gonna try this after Iget back from work

Thanks again welshman!

Does anyone know how to break necks? I can do it on accident like 1 in a 100 times. I wanna know how ta do it all the time.

AND, has anyone figured out how to change fighting styles? I like Seraph's and Trinity's. And the Agents with that unblockable kick BS.

Yeah, make sure your not in focus mode before you grab them.

My turn for a custom title, only 200 posts to go :p

Anyway, want Neo to be in every level? (Including the cars?)

Then I'll write a short guide.

Open up the game folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Enter the Matrix\)

Then open the 'actors' folder (after making a backup of course)

now find the Neo.dcx (or any character you want to be) And copy this file about 15 times, that should leave you with more than enough.

Now find the file named Ghost_1_Car.dcx and copy the file name and add something like 'Ghost_1_Car1.dcx' so no errors will occur. Then paste the original file name over the 'Neo.dcx' and then repeat this for all of ghosts Car and Costume Files and Vwala, you have a new character.

This can be done with Niobe aswell.

You can also replace bad guys, like if you want to see more of the twins.

(If you want to add morpheus add the 'morpheus_coat' version as the other one is designed for

The Free way Level

so he doesn't have much detail)

ENJOY!

ok guys! You can play as Neo now, check these two screenshots I have, heck he's with Trinity too

Neo.jpg

neotrinity.jpg

to play as Neo, copy out Neo.dcx file into desktop, search Ghost(with dcx format) files, rename neo.dcx to each of ghost file. So you should get all ghost file replaced by Neo.dcx(1.16MB).

Next, disable Shadow option, otherwise, it will crash your game to desktop.

You can use Trinity by replacing Niobe files(don't replace niobe files with cellphones and thermal) the same method for replacing Ghost files to Neo.

You can also use this method to play other chars such as Morpheus,Sparks,Agent Smith altough I haven't tried them yet.

I hope the instructions are clear :D

so is it safe to assume that ReApEr is full of crap?

No i am not full of crap, i have not even posted a way yet. Try putting your ps2 disk in your pc cdrom. :rolleyes:

Haven't you ever copied the music that you liked off your games, by putting your ps2 disk in the cdrom. :eek:

Welsh...your cool and all*you made my sig after all*BUT YOUR A TEASER!!!:mad::(

ReApEr, we say your full of crap because your 'full hacking guide' hasn't helped THUS FAR! Just flat out tell us and I'll straight swallow my pride and apologize.

Okay, ReApEr...your so full of it. First you say it has to do with decode or echo and persophonie's phone message or whatever, now your saying put the ps2 disc inside the CD rom. Then tell me why, ReApEr, that it says that Windows cannot read that format of disc, thus providing the instance that:

A: You can't copy music off of it, which sucks

B: Whatever it had to do with Neo couldn't be true

So, that being said, I reiterate my statement: ReApEr is full of it

No i am not full of crap, i have not even posted a way yet

That, dear ReApEr, is why you are...

Welsh...your cool and all*you made my sig after all*BUT YOUR A TEASER!!!:mad::(

Really sorry, I didn't mean to tease the console users, I just wanted to show the PC users how cool this is. Maybe I should put this in a spoiler...yeah, CONSOLE USERS DONT READ! :p

Does anyone else find playing with Neo alot easier? I know it doesn't change anything but the model, but I feel more fluid with what I do. When I fought Cajo or whatever his name is, usually he stops halfway and you have to fight 3 enemys, but with Neo I staked him before he could get a punch in. I LOVE THIS! (If you own the console version why are you reading this? I'm sorry :(

Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

ARGH! It seems I have become stuck. I cant seem to get anywhere else on the Hacking. Right now I have unlocked all the drives, the swords, done the thing with Spark/Emp's. It's making me mad!:mad:

for the hacking part, you're done.

and fyi, the difference between the method I described and welsh is that, mine need to disable the shadow and you can play the new 'chars' in any levels.

I've finally figured out what all the DECODE stuff does. Guess what it does? Really, guess. Guess again. You're not even close, so I'll just tell you. Nothing. They "mostly" do nothing. Apparently, DECODE was put in "exclusively" for the Official Strategy Guide. The Guide has TONS of these decode codes and the only thing they do is fill in words. On the front cover of the Official Stategy Guide they have a long code. When decoded it says" Take your game further". At first I thought I had to beat the game on hard or something, but then I figured out that "Take your game further" is on all of the strategy guides from Bradleygames. So it's a major let down. Sorta like in that movie "A Christmas Story" where the kid gets his secret decoder thingie so he could decode messages from the Little Orphan Annie's radio show. After decoding a special message, he finds that the message said "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine". It was a friggin ad.

I feel cheated. But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

We now know something we didn't know before. The websites the game told us to hack were put in just so they could get more internet activity on their sites. Neo's cryptic message,"Follow the white rabbit" is just a wild goose chase. But something tells me that the developers are still holding out on us. C'mon, half of the friggin cheat codes don't work.

Archived