Home

Possible Spoilage - Enter the Matrix - Hacking discussion

BCanr2d2

Originally posted by C'jais

So, how does this hacking thing work? When I finished the game, it gave me a code to unlock a "secret area": 13D22C77F - unfortunately, the damn thing wouldn't let me wait to write it down, so I got it wrong. The above code doesn't work. Anyone got the real code?

How do you access the other drives? I got permission to access drive B: as "guest". but I can't open any programs or anything from inside. Do you have to type B:\> or something for this to work? At any rate, the hacking game won't let me do the ">" key.

BTW, how the hell do you open .img files? Do you have to use some sort of command, like "read"?

type 'dir' then a list of options should appear on the left, scroll down to B:\tools and then press the 'ctrl' key

now you should see more options to play with

on the .img type 'view' then more options will appear on the left, select which one and press the 'ctrl' key :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by xwing guy

How do you disable shadows? I look in the options ingame and don't see it there.

if you update to ver 1.52. You will be taken into ETM config when you double click on the icon. There you will see 'Shadows'. Don't tick on it.

the only way at the moment that you will get neo is to do what Lost and Sivy have said. Replace the files. i did that, and there is one on ghost that if you replace the whole think shuts off when loading a level.

Sadly MasterJo, but Darklighter, ET, and myself are stuck on console platform. There is no 'replace the files'. Well anyways...

Since the hacking only goes so far, we should discuss game tactics. Or how to hack new martial arts styles.

As for tactics, I found something rather easy out...for those bold or dumb enough. On the Vertigo level with Ghost, hold Focus and hold away from a Smith(While on platforms), keep hitting punch while holding back(in fighting stances), and you'll eventually do an uppercut elbow move, which sends Smith flying, and if you aim right, off the platform and to his death...or his delay.

I hate running from those stupid Smiths......THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

and if you get stuck against a wall and they're close to you you DIE no matter what, because he'll just keep picking you up and slamming you down, i could never excute a wall kick fast enough to get him away.......:(

well i did the file rename mod and i'm using neo instead of niobe, which is cool cause her fighting style is more like neo's. but the down side is that when you get hit you scream like a girl :)

basically i'm starting to think that maybe they put neo in there just to help out the game modders.

i would have thought that someone would have found the code by now, not just here but other forums and cheat sites.

but then who knows, maybe its there is but no one has found it yet.

bottom line is that you will be able to play as neo one way or another. either by finding out the code if it exists, or by doing the renaming file mod or waiting until someone makes a neo model.

Originally posted by Sivy B

basically i'm starting to think that maybe they put neo in there just to help out the game modders.

That would be true if not for the fact that this game is also on 3 different consoles. And I can't think of any company that really wants people to mod their games.

bottom line is that you will be able to play as neo one way or another. either by finding out the code if it exists, or by doing the renaming file mod or waiting until someone makes a neo model.

I've got to believe that there's a legit (well, as legit as cheat codes can be) way to get Neo, otherwise there'd be no reason for a model of him, as he's not used in any cutscenes or seen anywhere in the regular game.

actually, his back is seen very briefly in the cutscene before the powerplant levels. And its a Model cutscene.

but your right, with a model that detailed its there for other purposes. if they just wanted his back the could have done a low poly model.

Originally posted by Masterjo2588

with a model that detailed its there for other purposes. if they just wanted his back the could have done a low poly model.

it is very low poly and not very detailed at all. :(

it looks alright from the back but the front is not good.

it doesn't really look like him at all. it has <>-<> style glasses, which is wrong.

if its true and he is in a cutscene then i'm afraid that pretty much settles it, for me anyway. no playable neo cheat code.

but i'm sure there are many game modders, modellers and skinners already working on a good looking playble neo model.

Originally posted by Sivy B

it is very low poly and not very detailed at all. :(

it looks alright from the back but the front is not good.

it doesn't really look like him at all. it has <>-<> style glasses, which is wrong.

if its true and he is in a cutscene then i'm afraid that pretty much settles it, for me anyway. no playable neo cheat code.

but i'm sure there are many game modders, modellers and skinners already working on a good looking playble neo model.

The fact that you can swap out Neo and play as him in the PC version leads me to believe that he is playable. They just don't leave models in games for no reason.

It was originally JEDI_Anakin_S. That was a clan name. Aru-Wen was another clan name that I still currently use, but decided weeks ago to switch everything over to my Mapping alias (Eldritch) to avoid confusion. I'm known now almost everywhere as Eldritch.

Archived