Home

Australia against Fast Food?

TheJackal

My brother told me this quickly when i was picking him up from a concert last night.

he said that Australlia is supposedly trying to raise the tax on Fast Food by 20% and making stoping all american fast food chain advertisments.

Is this true?

If so... GOOD FOR THEM!

If they want to protect thier culture, let them tax the corporate monsters! In Canada, we are so close and tied economicaly that if we did anything to protect our culture from the dominant USA, we've be critized for insulting them and get reprocutions. But the Australlians can go ahead and do the exact same thing without a harsh backlash simply because they are neighboors.

Anyways. I just wanted to know if this is true and get maybe a opinion from an Australian on this forum.

yeah, subway's good. But it's like the most expensive fast food ever. I also like Wendies, and Harveys, and pizza pizza, and 1 for 1 pizza, and Tim Hortons, and .......... okay:(

But MC is evil, man the little kids piss in the play structure all the time, you have to clean it out every five minuets....those little devil children!

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

Bah! YOUR EVIL!!!

:confused: His evil what? You didn't finish that sentence. What of his is evil?

Or perhaps you mean You're evil..........as in you are evil.....that's probably it..

I dont think he has anything evil anyways...just himself.

I'll have to read the french canadian magazine that my brother says in which it has an article on it.

But if it IS true. Its probebly not because "fast food is evil" but because the corporate giants are buying out local and native brands. which makes sence to make foreing fast food giants (including subway) to pay more money to be able to do business in a country.

the point of this thing would probebly to favor the local economy and culture, instead of letting the take overs reing crazy and putting great restaurants out of business because the burger at McDonalds is cheaper.

In my opinion, i hate comfert food. I dont want to be able to find the same crappy burger/sandwich wherever i go! thats why people travel! To get out of where you come from. to escape your world and visite the world of someone else.

anyways. thats my two cents.

I live in Australia, and I haven't heard about this yet. I severly doubt it is going to happen, all of a sudden, McDonalds, PepsiCo(who owns KFC/Pizza Hut) would change to how they are specified as to what type of company they are, to avoid it.

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

By the way, does your brother do drugs?

That is completely out of order. I'd watch your step if I were you. I would suggest you take that comment back and apologise.

maybe someone in the news is in trouble for drugs named mcdonald...

anyways

I love fast food but alas..>I'm on a diet. Bah! I live in CA where EVERYWHERE you turn there is a friggin Micky D's or In and Out. Basically....it cost you more to make dinner than it does to run to Taco bell and buy a couple of Taco's. Its all about convience. People will still pay big bucks for fast food.

Archived