Home

RPG Duelers

legameboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mr.Joshua

Holy ****BALLS do we have a convert?!?!?

*starts to teeter in chair*

I think I'm going to faint. HOLY ****BALLS!!!!!! Today is indeed a good day. If we can reach one of them, perhaps, just perhaps, our mission is worthwhile. Wo0t.

i am a convert. so are about 15 people i've trained. if not more.

Simple solution. DONT FREAKING RP IN A FPS GAME! Play the game the way it was meant to be played. There is no such thing as "laming" in any video game. Quit crying to raven about saber and force moves, and quit crying about getting "lamed". It's a freaking online FPS, NOT an MMORPG, not an RPG at all. You nubs just corrupted it into one. I will continue to go on any server I choose and play the game the way it was meant to be played, and I will do so until either I'm banned from every little rpg newbie server, or you all realize the idiocy in rp'ing in an FPS.

Originally posted by Rumor

no, you invaded our community and destroyed it.

I've stated this before in other threads, but I think you two fail to grasp that this isn't any ol' FPS game. This is a Star Wars game. That's going to attract not only the FPS gamers, but the Star Wars fans who like to run about playing Chewbacca or whatnot on a server. The game is what you make it. If someone wants to have a 32 player cantina RPG server more power to 'em. Don't be a dick and rain on their parade though.

legameboy: you should look into one of the server side admin mods to hopefully keep rulebreakers out.

Last note: a post in this thread may have given the impression that the Academy is a big RPG house. While we do hold RPG's every now and then on our server we do mainly saber training. Just wanted to clear up any confusion. :)

The game is what you make it when RPG nerds invade the FPS genre and ruin it for us true gamers. If they want an RPG server be sure to include that in the servers name, I stay away from those. It's the idiots that get a huge FFA server full of people amsitting and then powertripping when someone comes in to actually play. Or the FFA that has force enabled but then a rule saying you can't use force. Or no rules posted and you get slept and punished for grip kicking and ptk'ing. Please, this is an FPS. There is SWG and KOTOR for those who want to RP Star Wars characters not to mention the numerous sites that are dedicated to that type of gaming. The Dark Forces series was always an FPS. In DF:JK a few of these rpg nerds showed up but not to the drastic idiocy that now runs rampant on 99% of the FFA servers.

The game is what you make it when RPG nerds invade the FPS genre and ruin it for us true gamers. If they want an RPG server be sure to include that in the servers name, I stay away from those. It's the idiots that get a huge FFA server full of people amsitting and then powertripping when someone comes in to actually play. Or the FFA that has force enabled but then a rule saying you can't use force. Or no rules posted and you get slept and punished for grip kicking and ptk'ing. Please, this is an FPS. There is SWG and KOTOR for those who want to RP Star Wars characters not to mention the numerous sites that are dedicated to that type of gaming. The Dark Forces series was always an FPS. In DF:JK a few of these rpg nerds showed up but not to the drastic idiocy that now runs rampant on 99% of the FFA servers.

Hey I'm well with ya on the RPG's that don't advertise and the ones that make up lame rules on the spot. But saying "this is an FPS'ers game" is false. It's everyones game. :D

Originally posted by NerfYoda

Last note: a post in this thread may have given the impression that the Academy is a big RPG house. While we do hold RPG's every now and then on our server we do mainly saber training. Just wanted to clear up any confusion. :)

Originally posted by Haemon

And about getting trained, you should try http://www.thejediacademy.net

He seems a little new to the game so I figured he could use a little training before really hitting the pubs. I think he registered.

legameboy:

Whats your name at the academy?

It's everyone's game if they play it the way it was meant to be played. Go look at ANY description of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast. NOWHERE will you see, you can /amsit and RPG to your hearts content on any server you'd like. No. It started with all the honor code crap in the very beginning of this game. The game is characterized from both LucasArts and Raven as a First-Person/Third-Person SHOOTER, not RPG.

The Star Wars prequels are the worst thing to happen to the Dark Forces series. Many players are trying to impose a twisted view of prequel Jedi "honour" onto JO, even though Raven (rightfully) designed a game that is only truly faithful to it's own traditions (which descend from the original trilogy). I think the MP game would be a lot better if everyone's hero was still Han Solo... :)

I dont know why you guys keep blameing the rpgers saying they ruined this game, the thing that ruined this game is jk2's weak ass community having a weak community turned this game ****ty and let people like the modders of JA and Omnimod to make those gay mods and have people think its alright for them to rpg in a fps game

Originally posted by I_dF

I dont know why you guys keep blameing the rpgers saying they ruined this game, the thing that ruined this game is jk2's weak ass community having a weak community turned this game ****ty and let people like the modders of JA and Omnimod to make those gay mods and have people think its alright for them to rpg in a fps game

Sorry but this community was strong in the early days of 1.02. And the RPGers are IN the community, AND they're the one's that made those mods. Your argument is flawed.

Ok I think I can understand what you're saying now, Mr. Joshua. The amsitting in a group circle singing "kumbaya" is a pain in the ass, I just jump around and wait for while for a spark of action but if nothing happens, then I leave. The servers where people cry about using force in an FF enabled server or the people who try to kick from the server or gang up on someone who's beating them up or the those goddamn adminning brats who abuse their powers are all pains in the asses. What I hate the most, though, are the cocky sonuvabitches who think they own all and that they're clan (if applicable) is the tops and just the way they act all tough and **** gets on my nerves, you can just detect this air of "we pwn all you n00bz" by the way they talk with each other when there's at least three in the same clan, ironically these are the people who operate those "no laming" rules servers and jesus, they're so goddamn uptight you'd think they shoved thier own purple sabers up their asses. *ahem* Er yeah sorry for the rant...

There are those people, and then there are the other RPGers, most of these guys don't even have any clans, but many do thier thing in little groups. There aren't very many public RPG servers out there (I think there's more on the zone, but I haven't been there for quite a while so I'm not sure of the situation there), but as far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't matter how this game is intended to be played, if they're having fun and enjoying what they're doing in the game without bothering or invading anyone else (which seems to be the main problem) then there's no reason to invade them.

Now I don't know if those players are on your agenda, as far as I can tell so far you've been attacking the clans that I have described at the top of my post, which is just fine. :)

Originally posted by Semicolon

[off topic] Awsome sig Josh!!!! [/off topic]

Danke.

Khierr-

If you have a server, and it says in the server name "Bleh and Blahs RPG Cantina" clear and visable through the in-game browser or allseeing-eye, then I stay clear and do what you will. It's the blatant FFA's, where it's not denoted as a specific RPG server, where the idiocy that I'm talking about takes place.

If you want to RPG, go ahead, but do so in ways that do not cause conflicts such as by denoting it's an RPG server. However this is not the case 95% of the time. It's all this "honor" and "lame" and "whore" crap that is what gets us. In ut2k3 lightning gun, rocket launcher, flak cannon and shock rifle combo are the most powerful and most often used weapons. But very rarely if ever will you hear someone crying about it being lame. Sometimes you hear "spammer", sometimes you hear "aimbot" or "hax" or whatever, but NOWHERE near the amount of bitching and complaining that has gone on in jk2. I mean when will it stop? These are the same people that bitched about 1.02's damage scale and DFA problems. These are the same people that bitched about backstab and pull-push system. And now they're STILL BITCHING?!?!!? I mean come on. When are people going to wake up and just play the game? And if their fun consists of waiting for "lamers" to show up so they can bitch and moan some more than why play the freaking game? Because it seems that's all they play it for.

Just to drop in my opinion,

I have no problem with the JK2 Rpg community (i am a dueler btw and we don't get as many) but i do realise why alot of peps get p*ssed off when they get invaded by rpgers (been on enoguh ctf and ffa server to know). The thing is, RPGers have as much right to do what they wants as anyone else.. They paid for the game like you did (or they didn't :p). As long as they stick to their own type of servers then that's pretty much fine by me. (and i'm sure msot people agree about it)

Though, The real players are sometimes the asses too. When someone goes into a server clearly labelled 'RPG Game, Honour etc. etc.' and it's in the rules then they are to blame. Not only that but then some come and hwine here about RPers (i've seen it happen once, i was investigating the server - it was an RPG one. No names will be mentioned) then they are clearly jsut trying to ruin their fun.

So what i could have said in a few lines :p is - If both sets stick to their own servers then that's just fine :)

Just some people can't seem to grasp this... mainly RPGers who go into ffa servers shouting bow etc. then the real games going back into their servers for revenge. :rolleyes:

I agree with termi, I don't see anything wrong with RPG'ing, i never do it myself, but If that is what these people want to do, then let them. I would say that just because the game wasn't intended by the developers to be an rpg game, doesnt mean that it cant be used for that, i mean newspaper publishers dont make newspapers so we can swot flys with them but we do it. (terrible example, but you get my drift). I don't see the need in purposefully being a dick and going into RPG servers to cause trouble, but likewise, the RPG'ers should think ahead and know that if they are going into a non-rpg server then they should leave their RPGing out of it, and it can be very annoying if they don't. (I've heard 'saber was down *******' too many times in FF guns CTF).

And i agree that servers set up specifically for RPGing should clearly say so in the name.

phew... how many times did i just type RPG!

If you want to RPG, go ahead, but do so in ways that do not cause conflicts such as by denoting it's an RPG server. However this is not the case 95% of the time. It's all this "honor" and "lame" and "whore" crap that is what gets us. In ut2k3 lightning gun, rocket launcher, flak cannon and shock rifle combo are the most powerful and most often used weapons. But very rarely if ever will you hear someone crying about it being lame. Sometimes you hear "spammer", sometimes you hear "aimbot" or "hax" or whatever, but NOWHERE near the amount of bitching and complaining that has gone on in jk2. I mean when will it stop? These are the same people that bitched about 1.02's damage scale and DFA problems. These are the same people that bitched about backstab and pull-push system. And now they're STILL BITCHING?!?!!? I mean come on. When are people going to wake up and just play the game? And if their fun consists of waiting for "lamers" to show up so they can bitch and moan some more than why play the freaking game? Because it seems that's all they play it for.

That I can agree with, it's only the other 5% that don't need to be harmed, the rest can go to hell. :)

Archived